PDA

View Full Version : Paddock vs Side Stand

Taman
27-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Hi Guys

Haven't been riding my bike a lot lately and not having a huge amount of faith in the sidestand on the level ground where the bike is parked, I though I'd put the bike on a paddock stand for a while - safer I thought.

I would imagine it's pretty obvious that a paddock stand would be safer and more stable than the side stand - right? Only reason I thought I'd confirm is that the alarm seems to be giving far more warning bleeps now that it's on the paddock stand, where as with the side stand it was almost always silent.

So just for my peace of mind - the paddock stand is safer than the side stand, right?!

Thanks, Taman

Davie
27-11-2003, 08:55 PM
If you are not riding it it is better on a paddock stand or even better with both wheels lifted `cause it will do your tyres no good to sit in the same position with the weight on the same spot.

Davie.

Flip
28-11-2003, 12:12 AM
A lot of movement sensors use a mercury switch, it could be that having the bike more upright on a paddock stand is causing the switch to be more sensitive than normal.

Melnie Mouse
28-11-2003, 08:08 AM
paddock stand lot safer, and I agree with other 2 on their comments... just do it properly not getting 'by' with a block of wood like I used to... Hmmmmmmmmm

Taman
30-11-2003, 02:13 PM
Cool - been using it and alarm doesn't seem to have gone off, just seemed strange it warning me when I changed over!