PDA

View Full Version : I quit, where does this go?

OrangeCat02
29-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Had my wheels repainted. Put them back on tonight, and thought this came of the front spindle. The inner diameter is the same size as the fat end of the front spindle, but when I put it on there it was able to slide left to right on the spindle between the fork and the wheel.

The front and rear wheel seam ok without this part. But it worries me knowing its in my hand and not on the bike, as its nice juicy bit of steel.

I've tried looking on google images and even looking on ebay to see if I could spot it. I've had a look on here too: http://issuu.com/ducatiomaha/docs/m620ie_usa-02?viewMode=magazine&mode=embed here, but still cant find it. Does anyone recognise it?

http://www.orangecat.org.uk/images/DSC02925.JPG

pooh
29-03-2012, 09:42 PM
It is from the back wheel on the chain side shamfered end goes to the wheel.

Ian

OrangeCat02
29-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Ahhhhhh of course! Its stops the sprocket assembly from sliding towards the swing arm.

Thanks pooh :D

gary tompkins
30-03-2012, 02:33 PM
It's spacer item 25 on drawing 25 of the PDF catalogue you linked to

He11cat
30-03-2012, 11:30 PM
Arggh yes the conical spacer ........ the tyre fitters left mine out .. all seemed ok for quite a while until my back wheel locked up and a nice eaten into swing arm.. was not funny and I posted up a photo on here and just looking you'd never spot it... I was going down a duel carriage way at the time.
I was in the fast lane and if it had not had been for another biker being behind ... he dragged us out of the road.... best to pop that back in speaking from a not very nice experience.

chris yeatman
31-03-2012, 06:44 AM
i know where that pound coin go's.................... in my pocket, lol

OrangeCat02
01-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Oh your god, that's the disaster I had in mind when I saw the place it lived.

I should also have said.
"*Pound coin for reference only. Action figures sold separately. Serving Suggestion".

Used the pound coin buying a cup of coffee this morning.

Xenocide
17-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Err i'm going to check mine tonight...

johnboy44
17-04-2012, 05:02 PM
Make sure you get it the right way round as that makes a Big difference too