PDA

View Full Version : SE Motorcycles says hello to our fellow Monster riders

3364stevec
28-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi everyone, Please check out our other posts under "new workshop near Sevenoaks" as we are thinking about an open day (our 1st) on a Sunday pretty soon but TBC. with a very decent BBQ etc....we have a good friend who is a chef so we should be in safe hands there!

It would be simply be to allow any Monster riders out for a Sunday blast to stop off, meet up with us and see what we are all about, relax and have a food and drink stop before continuing your blast.

We are a friendly bunch and have a great stop off location for our business.

Look out for us at the Italian day in Horsham 6th April we will be on the run to Moto di Marino and then on to Horsham as per last year.

We are also not arrogant enough to think the world and their pillion will arrive on the day....so can I test the water by asking "who would be up for it"?

Best wishes

Steve
SE Motorcycles
www.semotorcycles.co.uk
:bucks:

nuttynick
28-03-2012, 07:54 PM
The Monster guys meet on the 2nd Sunday of each month, and the DOC meet the 4th Sunday, so I'm sure you'll get a few takers!

gary tompkins
28-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Maybe we could all meet on the same Sunday for a change?

nuttynick
29-03-2012, 10:02 AM
Sound like a plan!

3364stevec
29-03-2012, 10:16 AM
Do you want to come back to me with a date for both Monster and DOC to meet at SE Motorcycles and we will get organised?!

Steve

3364stevec
02-04-2012, 10:54 AM
Hi Everyone

Looks like this month 15th and 29th are the next regular meeting dates.

How about a combined meet up at SE Motorcycles on 29th April?

If the weather is good we will be BBQ'ing if it's not so good we will have "indoor" food etc. We have the space for both.

As far as we are concerned this is a social event and a chance for you to meet us and see what we can offer, we don't bite and are bikers so are looking to enjoy the day as much as you hopefully do too.

Also, we are happy for our location to be used as a regular meeting venue in the future and to offer support to the club and members as best we can.

Please let me know ASAP if the 29th April is a workable date, if I will look at other dates.

All the best

Steve

nuttynick
02-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I can't see a problem with that, it gives me plenty of time to mail details out to DOC members and maybe organise a ride out on the way ;-)

3364stevec
03-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Excellent, I will work on the basis of the 29th April unless I hear otherwise.

gary tompkins
03-04-2012, 11:57 AM
This doesn't appear to clash with any pre-arranged UKMOC event

I'll make sure Alan C and the Kenties are aware of the BBQ proposed date

3364stevec
03-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Thank you Gary

3364stevec
23-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Hi everyone, just a reminder that we are still planning to have a BBQ on Sunday 29th April (indoors if its wet weather!)

Hopefully see you Sunday from midday for a informal natter and food.

Steve

gary tompkins
25-04-2012, 12:59 PM
Steve,

The current forecast for Sat/Sun is pretty dire, although it's so unsettled it makes anything difficult to predict at the moment. If it's going to be as bad as forecast (lashing down) is it worth postponing until a little later in the year? I appreciate you may have a contingency owing to the "if wet indoors" comment but the turnout could be poor, especially of bikes if it's nasty.

Not trying to be a pessamist more of a realist... what do you think?

Nottsbiker
25-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Weather its shocking up here in the midlands so I'd imagine lots of folk aren't planning on doing anything right now :(

3364stevec
26-04-2012, 07:58 AM
Hi Everyone

Just looked at the weather forecast for the weekend and it was not at al the one we/I wanted!

I think the best action now is to postpone the event. We would run it as planned but I am VERY concerned about riding conditions and the effect the weather would have on the enjoyment of the day.

Thanks for your support and understanding and I will advise a new date very soon.

Steve

gary tompkins
26-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Hi Steve,

Think it's a wise call - I'll keep in touch

jimbo696
26-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Steve,
Wait till April showers!!! have gone.....see you when it is dry...
Cheers

3364stevec
02-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Hi Jim

I think I will wait until we get a decent spell of weather and a good weekend forecast and then suggest a date accordingly......so see you in the next millennium at this rate!

Only joking, but as soon as the weather perks up I will suggest another Sunday to come and see us for a very casual and relaxed BBQ. I will try and make sure we allow several days notice of the proposed date.

All the best

Steve

Albie
02-05-2012, 04:03 PM
I will glad of that. I will get my bike taxed and get starting the 1100s this month. Need a ride but Mills too much right now. Look forward to coming along

3364stevec
25-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Do you know what?! I think summer may have arrived.....I will get the calender out and set some dates up for events.

Are there any ideal dates that would be for the club and members in Kent, London, Surrey, E/W Sussex?

Please suggest some dates ASAP.

Ride safe!

Steve

jimbo696
09-07-2012, 03:51 PM
You have a pm..