PDA

View Full Version : South West and Wales Region Xmas lunch

Duncan
27-11-2003, 08:36 AM
I have spoken to quite a few members in the region and the county reps and there appears to be interest in an Xmas lunch so here goes.

Date - Sunday 14th December Lunchtime / Afternoon
Venue - waggon and Horses, Thrupp nr Stroud

3 course Xmas lunch,
Starter
Roast Turkey lunch with trimmings etc or veggie option
Xmas Pudding

Also included 1/2 bottle of wine per person or soft drinks on table.

Cost £15 / per person

If we can get enough people then there is the option of using a private room for dining. They also have a bowling alley which will be available for as many games as you want and all included in the price. The place will be at open for our use all day!!!

I will need to get numbers in the next week and need deposits to secure booking.

Bikes not essential and partners more than welcome. (they make good drivers)
I have about 12 people coming so far but they can accomodate up to 40 with ease.

Please PM me urgently if interested.

NattyBoy
27-11-2003, 02:38 PM
Hasve just PM'd to confirm my place..who else is going ?? Also Duncan, any chance of showing last year national meet video?? And have there been any more UKMOC stickers made that you can bring along??

Will also give superlight3 a shout as he may be up for it...especially the video bit!

Cheers
Nat

Duncan
27-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Hi Nat

I have firm interest so far for about a dozen places so reckon 25 to 30 may make it across. the more the merrier. Most of the area reps in the region have said they will be coming and the likes of JR, Julian and Karen will be there. No probs with the video / DVD, am just waiting on seeing a copy myself.

Merchandise, I have T shirts and will chat to FB about stickers.

The more people you can get interested over your way the better.

D

CK & AK
27-11-2003, 08:28 PM
Dunc - want me to post a copy of the DVD?

or - perhaps Kev Bunney can post you his - and I can send him another?

Do let me know

C

NattyBoy
28-11-2003, 08:28 AM
E-mailed Superlight3 last night and he and Georgina are a possibility also...looking good!

Bunny
28-11-2003, 10:22 AM
:D Bunny and Mrs Bunny would like to go:D ( as long as Mrs Bunny doesn't have to have gravy ) :D :D

Duncan
28-11-2003, 07:38 PM
Hi Bunny

Be good to see you and Sue. If she doesnt want her gravy then I'll have it! I shant ask whether she wants stuffing!

CK

Can you post the DVD, I was supposed to get a copy from Carl (Billy Bigwheels) but hes not sent it yet.
xx
D

CK & AK
28-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Will do Duncan - hope to post Mon am, - or otherwise at end of week (am away in sunny Blackpool till Thurs night this week:confused: )

C

Billy Bigwheels
29-11-2003, 09:56 PM
Sorry Duncan - must have missed/ignored that I was to send you the DVD. I'll post it Monday and even if CK does too I'm sure you can offload it to someone else.
Don't have your address anymore though - can you PM it to me.

Cheers
Billy

NattyBoy
01-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Duncan

Just a quickie to say that ANDY STACEY (userid) and his other half Andrea, will be attending..cheque in post tommorrow.

Mine should arrive tommorrow with any luck..

Cheers
Nat

JR
04-12-2003, 07:13 PM
Good to see that members are confirming attending the Cristmas Lunch. For anyone in the area who has not been out on one of Duncan's trips why not come along - just for a drink/coffee - lunch is not compulsory.

JR

NattyBoy
11-12-2003, 09:27 AM
You may have covered this already Duncan...but what time should we arrive/what time is ones lunch served ??! Must be quite a few going now (im coming with a car load of deposits paid!)

Cheers
Nat

Duncan
11-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Right - The arrangements for Sunday.

It look like between 16 and 20 will make it, still awaiting confirmation of several people but will be a good turn out. The kitchen is all set for our requirements but if you have any special dietary needs then let me know in advance and I will make sure you are looked after. (If you want your dinner mashing and feeding to you by Melinda Messenger then I definitely need a few hours to arrange that)

Plan to get to the Waggon and Horses in Thrupp for 12.30 for a 1pm meal. The pub is on the main A419 Cirencester road about a mile out of Stroud on the left.

We have the top lounge to ourselves and also the skittles alley.

The DVD. Was planning to use my player but it glitches up on the 3 copies of the DVD sent to me. Does anyone else have a machine they can bring over? Must be the machine (cheap and nasty crap) not liking the DVDR format too much.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Duncan

NattyBoy
11-12-2003, 09:40 PM
I have PS2 I could bring that plays DVDs..but might be better if someone has a specific DVD ?? Anyone out there or shall I bring my PS2 as a contingency plan ??

Nat

Bunny
11-12-2003, 09:43 PM
I can throw mine in the car

NattyBoy
11-12-2003, 09:44 PM
done..cheers bunny!

Duncan
14-12-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks to the dozen or so who came across to the Waggon this lunchtime. Nattyboy was brave venturing out with a hangover from last night but the hair of the dog soon fixed that.

A few were in good skittling form and I wasnt - must have been the wine.

Pretty dark by the time we left, hope you all got home safe and have a good Xmas.

Duncan

NattyBoy
14-12-2003, 06:56 PM
Ha ha ...still at it now supping some vino !!! If Im gonna have another hangover might as well make it a goodun..no work tommorrow :D :D

Great day out...good turnout...thanks to Karen and Julian for some top scram and good supply of booze.

See you all soon methinks...Heres a flavour of the day for those who missed it..

Cheers
Nat

NattyBoy
14-12-2003, 06:57 PM

NattyBoy
14-12-2003, 06:58 PM

Duncan
14-12-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by NattyBoy
Ha ha ...still at it now supping some vino !!! If Im gonna have another hangover might as well make it a goodun..no work tommorrow :D :D

Nice pics Natt. If youre having a drink then I suppose I better join you and break open some beers.

D

Mrs Soup
14-12-2003, 08:05 PM
looks like you all had a good time. Sorry we couldn't make it in the end.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all

DesmoDom
14-12-2003, 08:54 PM
Thank's to all involved in the Christmas lunch,
Ali & I had a great time, except I could'nt drink very much, as I was driving (sniff !). The meal and hospitality were outstanding,
all those who could'nt make it, missed a great day !!!.

Thank's

Ali & Baz

Bunny
15-12-2003, 03:04 AM
Thanks to Julian and Karen for a great meal and the (as usual) friendly welcome . Also to everyone who made the effort to attend, these things only work if we turn up to them.
Always good to put faces to names and meet new people.
Pete looked a bit chilly on arrival, the rest of us arriving by 4 wheels, but the excellent meal warmed everyone up ( good job the kids didn't like parsnips eh Karen ? )
Watched the Alton Weekend DVD until it died, then "played" (does it count if the ball bounces off the wall first) skittles.
The scorers seemed to put up the number of pins still standing for some players (Carol - " you're supposed to miss the pins aren't you ?)
Of course Nat standing halfway down the alley taking flash photos of you as you tried to bowl didn't put anyone off at all - excocet anyone ?
Had a really great time - Sue was shattered after several glasses of wine and then making sure I didn't drive the car like I ride my bikes for the hour and a half trip home (did it in 45 mins on the S4 last time)
thanks to all again

snakey
15-12-2003, 06:21 AM
Yeah - great day with excellent food thanks to Karen & Julian, glad I left when i did though, got back into Bristol with the sun just going down and it was starting to get really chilly then.

Pete.

JR
19-12-2003, 11:09 AM
Sorry I was unable to attend the lunch last Sunday - the first event I have missed since joining UKMOC. Due to a severe chest infection I have been in enforced quarantine for the past 2 weeks., but now looking forward to some more good Monstering days out in the New Year.

JR

NattyBoy
19-12-2003, 11:23 AM
Just noticed Duncan..ive got consiiddderaaaablay more posts than yow...!

Nat

Duncan
19-12-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by NattyBoy
Just noticed Duncan..ive got consiiddderaaaablay more posts than yow...!

Nat

Nat
Thats your Xmas pressie from me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D