PDA

View Full Version : broked it

jamiedan2009
23-03-2012, 05:01 PM
fitted the Oberon clutch slave cylinder today, instructions said extention rod is for pre-99 bikes (mine is 2000) so left it out. Started bleeding system, lever wont pull in, unbolt slave to have a look, try lever again - POP - oh **** the alloy bung's been hydraulicked out tearing the last few threads off, did need the extention rod - sent them an email, hope there customer service is all its cracked up to be :cens: (hope this post stops anyone else making the same possibly expensive mistake)

Spike
23-03-2012, 05:22 PM
I've got a 93 and needed a longer rod as well as the extension bar when I fitted the oberon slave

Saint aka ML
23-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I still have issues with my Oberon slave despite my bottom end being 2002. Rod seems to be smidge to short without extender or way to long with.

jamiedan2009
23-03-2012, 06:01 PM
hmmm, one size doesnt fit all

Saint aka ML
23-03-2012, 07:09 PM
hmmm, one size doesnt fit all

It is worse then that. We took a entire clutch assembly from a 2002 900SS ie like my bottom end. It works in that bike but does not in my one and that bike also has Oberon slave. We swapped slaves issue stayed with my bike so it is not persey Oberon more Ducati but still one size does not fit all. We also swapped Oberon and clutch internals and still same issue. It seems in my case that cases are a bit wider and I am done.

Spike
24-03-2012, 06:35 AM
I beleive there are 2 lenghts of push rod for the monster and then 1 for the 916 I ended up using the 916 rod which is the longest of the three rods.

jamiedan2009
27-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Had Oberon levers fitted by garage, they had to file down the rod that goes into the master cyl to make lever work. (Lever is on setting 8 - furthest out) All is well and working.

Standard slave cyl starts leaking like sieve so buy Oberon slave cyl, fit it myself, use extention piece, clutch not disengaging.

I think i need to extend the rod that's attached to the lever and goes into the master cylinder, or do i need a longer pushrod or both?

If worst comes to worst will take bike to garage and give them my debit card and PIN but would rather not.

Also, Oberon said they would be happy to replace endcap if i send it to them FOC

Nottsbiker
28-03-2012, 10:04 AM
If you get stuck fella feel free to drop round some time and I'll have a look for you as have lots of basic mechanics tools and reasonable knowledge ;)

jamiedan2009
28-03-2012, 04:24 PM
If you get stuck fella feel free to drop round some time and I'll have a look for you as have lots of basic mechanics tools and reasonable knowledge ;)

cheers for the offer, i got my dad to make me new threaded rod for the master cylinder which apparently appears to work, t hough he hasnt actually tried moving the bike:twak: crossed fingers

Nottsbiker
29-03-2012, 09:40 AM
No worries, got my mother up this weekend and gf loaded me with lots of crappy jobs now anyways - would have been nice to had an excuse to get out of DIY ;)