PDA

View Full Version : North Wales (Lake Vyrnwy) - Sat 24th March

neilo
22-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Spring has sprung!

Me and a couple of others are meeting at ASDA in Queensferry at 9am on Sat 24th March, and we're going to head into North Wales for the day.

Most likely destination: Lake Vyrnwy (via the scenic back roads).

If you want to tag along, you're very welcome. Happy to meet anybody en route if they want.

smudgerii
22-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Bugger!

Got to take daughter to Blackpool sat morning

neilo
23-03-2012, 10:25 AM
No worries... There will always be next time.:spin:

Bonzo
23-03-2012, 01:04 PM
Ooh neilo, Ill be so close to that - but later in the day.

Picking my Evo up from Coventry and heading back for the evening sailing from Liverpool. I was planning to take in a bit of N Wales on the way back (rather than sit on the M6).
Only problem is, Ive gotta call in at my Bros in Wolverhampton & I just know time will escape me.

Woulldve been great to meet up with a fellow Evo owner :drunk:

smudgerii
23-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Neilo

Are you going on the wirral egg run? It' a week Sunday

neilo
23-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Ooh neilo, Ill be so close to that - but later in the day.

Picking my Evo up from Coventry and heading back for the evening sailing from Liverpool. I was planning to take in a bit of N Wales on the way back (rather than sit on the M6).
Only problem is, Ive gotta call in at my Bros in Wolverhampton & I just know time will escape me.

Woulldve been great to meet up with a fellow Evo owner :drunk:

Likewise! I'll post my future rideouts on here so that maybe we'll find a date/time that suits us both! :drunk:

neilo
23-03-2012, 04:43 PM
Neilo

Are you going on the wirral egg run? It' a week Sunday

Yep, I'm planning on going provided it isn't a washout. I'll send you my mobile number.

revver
23-03-2012, 06:30 PM
could meet you at lake vyrnwy as coming from rhayader way. Around what time do you expect to arrive.

revver
23-03-2012, 08:26 PM
If you see a yellow m600 that would make you cry (really poor condition) and a beardedhippy by it then that will be me say hello.

neilo
23-03-2012, 09:10 PM
could meet you at lake vyrnwy as coming from rhayader way. Around what time do you expect to arrive.

Probably around 12 noon(ish), but that's a very rough guess. I'll definitely keep my eyes open for you. Cheers!

buzzbomb
23-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Neil how long do you intend to stay at the lake (cafe) for as I might have a ride out that way as its one of my favorite routes.

neilo
23-03-2012, 11:04 PM
Neil how long do you intend to stay at the lake (cafe) for as I might have a ride out that way as its one of my favorite routes.

Maybe for an hour or so and then we'll be heading West to the coast.

buzzbomb
24-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Well Neil what happened to you today, Kevin "Revver" and my good self waited from just after 12 till 1.20pm without any sign of any other ducati bikes, plenty of other makes and even a classic car rally with some very nice old pre WRC cars.

Hope you're OK and that you went to another biker hang out.

Rally
24-03-2012, 09:23 PM
Good to see you got the fighter out today young man and blew the winter cobwebs away! :thumbsup:

buzzbomb
24-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Sorry to disappoint Al but it was the retard that I took for a run today...:shocked:

BTW it was nice to meet up with Kevin for a cuppa.

neilo
24-03-2012, 10:51 PM
Well Neil what happened to you today, Kevin "Revver" and my good self waited from just after 12 till 1.20pm without any sign of any other ducati bikes, plenty of other makes and even a classic car rally with some very nice old pre WRC cars.

Hope you're OK and that you went to another biker hang out.

Ahhh...just sent Kevin a message as well. I'm fine buzzbomb. We made much better progress than expected and got to the cafe at ~11.15. Tried texting Kevin as I arrived as promised, but experienced mobile signal related issues. Left around 12noon though, so we must have just missed eachother?

Of course one of the pitfalls of riding with a group is that you can't hold everybody to your schedule, and the guys I was with today are used to doing 'big miles' in a day (I did 360 miles today!), which means they don't hang about for too long, so I sort of 'had to' make a move after 45mins. I trust you understand. Hopefully we will (I will) be better coordinated next time.

Hope you guys had a good day out though? Shall post a few picstures...

neilo
24-03-2012, 11:07 PM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64995640/valley.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64995640/vyrnwy.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64995640/aberystwyth.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64995640/puffin%20island.jpg

Note to myself...the M1100EVO IS NOT built for off-road use! :D

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64995640/off-road.jpg

buzzbomb
24-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Great pix Neil, is the first one the minor road (track) that go's from Lake Vyrnwy to Bala if so thats one hell of a track.

neilo
24-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Great pix Neil, is the first one the minor road (track) that go's from Lake Vyrnwy to Bala if so thats one hell of a track.

It is - it's a great route. And here's one from the drop back down via Hellfire Pass...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/64995640/DSCF0008.JPG

revver
25-03-2012, 12:00 PM
No worries neil. If i had'nt got lost so many times i would have been about half hour earlier. Im only about 40 mile away but never been thier before. That was a mamoth ride have'nt done any like that for about 10 years. Sounds like i would'nt have kept up too.

neilo
25-03-2012, 06:02 PM
No worries neil. If i had'nt got lost so many times i would have been about half hour earlier. Im only about 40 mile away but never been thier before. That was a mamoth ride have'nt done any like that for about 10 years. Sounds like i would'nt have kept up too.

When riding in a group we always wait for everybody, so I'm sure speed wouldn't have been an issue. Glad you managed to find it - yes it is a great place and there are some nice routes to/from it. So until next time...

smudgerii
25-03-2012, 06:42 PM
Is that the lake on the bala to porthmadog road?

neilo
25-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Is that the lake on the bala to porthmadog road?

There's only one shot of a lake there and it's Vyrnwy...the rest of the 'water' shots are the sea.