PDA

View Full Version : E Petition for Air Ambulance

Gutsy
20-03-2012, 01:40 PM
I don't often circulate stuff like this, but this is something I believe in.

As with Lifeboats, any one of us or relatives could need the services of the Air Ambulance, and riders form one of the groups who most frequently need them - see Horse and Hound this week.

Basically, due to a loophole in the VAT laws the RNLI can claim back the VAT on fuel but the Air Ambulance can't, despite them both being charities. Please help by clicking on the link and signing the petition. If it gets 100,000 signatures there will be good chance it will be debated in Parliament.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/29349

Please forward to anyone else you think may wish to support this important cause. Remember, you never know when you, a relative, or friend may need the Air Ambulance.

jamiedan2009
20-03-2012, 01:44 PM
signed and posted on farcebook

Twentytoo
20-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Sorted...although I did start wondering if I would be able to see any of the codes

Scott1
20-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Good call, signed.

Liz
20-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Duly signed! Thanks Alison.

pegboy
20-03-2012, 02:52 PM
Signed also, good cause

J.P
20-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Done. Well worth it.

MrsC_772
20-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Signed.

As Alison says, you never know when you might need an air ambulance. When we were camping and cycling in the New Forest a couple of years ago, we came round a corner on a dirt track in the woods to find the air ambulance landed on a logging road and a mountain biker who had clearly come off and was in a bad way on a stretcher. They asked Andy to assist the medic and cyclist's mate to lift the guy on board. More recently I had a good view out my office window of the Surrey/Sussex air ambulance landing on the carriageway of the A3 after a pedestrian got knocked down crossing the road. On both occasions I was seriously impressed that the pilots had managed to land in such confined spaces, surrounded by trees, buildings etc.