PDA

View Full Version : Almost there...

Zak
17-03-2012, 04:17 PM
So after many months of head scratching and hiding funds from my other half, my bike is now done, well its done for this year anyway, the next stage of the project build will begin in October and will include the following:

1) Powder coating the swing arm and engine casing
2) New Plastic tank with stripe detail to match the seat
3) Wavy discs front and back
4) Replacement rear shock, possibly Nitro or Hagon, but prefer Ohlins if I can get a good deal somewhere

But for now, the Spring is here and Summer is closing in, so it's off the bench for now and time to enjoy it, and all in time for the Tunnel Run in April. :D

Still a couple of machined bits and bobs to pick up next week, but this is 90% how it will look in April.

Z.

Zak
17-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Sorry forgot to mention dyno results, ok, so she puts out 68bhp after all usual engine mods:

1) Uprated Pipercross crank breather
2) Pipercross race air filter
3) Airbox lid drilled out
4) Carbs fully serviced, balanced, jetted etc.
5) Uprated ignition coil
6) Uprated race plugs
7) Silicone HT leads
8) A darn good service and clean out / tune of whole engine.

Think this is about 4bhp more than standard, but reckon that it lost 5 - 10bhp over the years, she is 12 years old after all, so not a bad result, stupidly I didn't dyno it before the work began, but I think the numbers are there or thereabouts.

Now, with the NOS engaged and the variable boost control allowing 3/4 release I then get a whopping 106bhp at the back wheel!! This is incredible, however I estimate that with the valve fully open, i then could get somewhere between 110 - 120bhp, however there is always the threat of totally melting the engine through prolonged use, excessive use or using it at full whack for even a short period, so I haven't tried it at full whack, and I won't be, I don't fancy a full engine rebuild!

Its only £12 to refill the bottle, and it lasted me a full two days of testing and retuning on the dyno and still had quarter of a bottle left, so its certainly cheap ponies once you've fitted the system and worked through the many headaches it brings.

Well worth it in my mind, and its always something I wanted to try on a bike, so I'm glad I've gone and done it on my favourite brand of bike.

Anyway, enough rambling from me!

slob
17-03-2012, 05:25 PM
barking! I hope nothing melts.

PDS
17-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I used to own a fireblade that had Nitrous oxide fitted, the previous owner had spent alot of money on the engine and fitted nitrous to it, then promptly scared himself and decided to sell it. i was running 80 horse jets, it was interesting to say the least.

Nickj
18-03-2012, 12:21 PM
I see you have a suitably large tray beneath the motor to catch the bits as the fall off post explosion ;)

Zak
23-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Had these made last week by a metal fabricators local to me, then polished over the last few days to make them shiiiiiiiiine, fitted them either side using some brackets that I manufactored in the warehouse at work and then used tamper proof screws so that they don't get nicked and used in a scrap.

I used brackets to fit them as even though they arent the most discreet way to fix them to the bike, I was reluctant to drill them into the bike with two holes either side in an area that is stress bearing on the trellis frame, plus already has one small hole drilled either side to hold the mixing units for the NOS system (see the blue anodised pump and pipe in the picture). Probably being over cautious, but better safe than sorry methinks.

Really happy with the end result and I think it really adds to the 'streetfighter' theme. :mand:

Z.

Dukedesmo
23-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Nice... :thumbsup:

He11cat
27-03-2012, 12:37 AM
I like it .
Your Decals have been posted.
I love that your little one approves as well!

Kids love Monsters.
Mine is apparently (not my words) a babe magnet.

Rally
27-03-2012, 05:53 AM
Good looking bike Zak, I do feel for you though, having that very unfortunate number plate! :D

Zak
27-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Good looking bike Zak, I do feel for you though, having that very unfortunate number plate! :D

Hahahaha! I bought that plate when I was in my early 20's and thought I had a point to prove, 10 years later and the only thing that's changed is I'm older and greyer! ;)

Used to have it on a brand new black Range Rover with tinted windows and huge wheels and wonder why everyone thought I was a drug dealer and why the police would pull me over on a weekly basis!

It was a young man with too much testosterone thing, like I said not much has changed, my wife despairs at times!!!! God knows how she puts up with me!

Z.

Zak
27-03-2012, 10:00 AM
I like it .
Your Decals have been posted.
I love that your little one approves as well!

Kids love Monsters.
Mine is apparently (not my words) a babe magnet.

Thanks, you're a star, my other half posted your cheque last night.

Z.

Nottsbiker
27-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Love the number plate! Its soooo damn cheasey its actually cool :)

utopia
27-03-2012, 12:06 PM
Am I being dense...?
I don't understand the numberplate.

Zak
27-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Am I being dense...?
I don't understand the numberplate.

I originally bought it at auction from a well known footballer who, with the use of a well placed screw head, spaced it to say 'M1 11NTD" (my united), but I have it as 'M111NTD' (MINTED) because I'm a posey kn*b!

utopia
27-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Ah, right.
Those were the two options I was conjuring with, but they both seemed a bit loose so I thought I might be missing something more bikey.

Phatty
27-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Nice! Any more pics of the nitrous install? I've got a few spare solenoids after upgrading the ones on my drag car so was tempted to fit them to the S4. Struggling to find a 2lb bottle anywhere.

Zak
29-03-2012, 06:06 PM
No worries I can put some up tomorrow, any bits in particular u want to see?

Z.