PDA

View Full Version : New EVO Owner

mrober_uk
14-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi gang, I have rejoined the Ducati clan having had a brief spell away playing with a Daytona 675 (900SS prior to that). Picked up an ex-demo M1100 Evo from Woods of Abergele last week and am enjoying being upright and able to see over hedgerows once again after many years of being coiled around various supersport models!

Must say big shout to Dave at Woods for the supreme Customer Service and being a generally nice guy!

Now to search for essential mods.....

cheers,
Mark

neilo
14-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Hi from another evo owner. Did you buy the red demo they had? In which case...I've had a go on your bike! :chuckle:

I'm just 20mins from Chester...so let me know if you ever want to meet-up for an evo rideout in North Wales! :chuckle:

Bonzo
14-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Hi Mark

If it was their red demo (reg ending EKC) then I also had a go on your bike.

I took it for a gentle spin down the A458 to Llanrwst and it was fantastic. Knew then that I had to have one, but bought mine from Ducati Coventry as its nearer to where I will be moving (if my gaff sells!).

Great bike mate & welcome :drunk:

Nickj
14-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Now to search for essential mods.....

Everything that involves expensive add-ons or replacement parts made of carbon or exotic metals is an essential .. Enjoy ;)

mrober_uk
15-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Thanks Guys, seems a couple of you have had the pleasure of my ride before me , so thanks for not being to hard on her, as it were ;o)

Neilo I'll give you a shout for a ride when it warms up a bit! I'm about 20 mins from Chester myself ... towards Northwich tho

J.P
15-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the club and I'm sure you'll be loving the bike this year.

neilo
15-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks Guys, seems a couple of you have had the pleasure of my ride before me , so thanks for not being to hard on her, as it were ;o)

Neilo I'll give you a shout for a ride when it warms up a bit! I'm about 20 mins from Chester myself ... towards Northwich tho

I can't say I was gentle with her...but I did not abuse her. She certainly clinched the deal over the Speed Triple she was up against - so much more character! :thumbsup:

Yeah, give me a shout if you're ever my way, and I'll do the same.

jon_h
15-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Hi Mark...picking my evo up tomorrow, replacement wheel permitting. Can't wait.

Hope you're enjoying the ride...(stupid question!)

Jon

mrober_uk
16-03-2012, 09:05 AM
Hi Mark...picking my evo up tomorrow, replacement wheel permitting. Can't wait.

Hope you're enjoying the ride...(stupid question!)

Jon

Jon, you're gonna love it - enjoy!