PDA

View Full Version : Rear left indicator for a 696 '10 plate

Dinkybiker
08-03-2012, 04:26 PM
I have maganged to break my rear indiactor :thumbsdown: can't believe how easy it broke, I knocked it with my knee when I was getting on the bike.

Anyhoo does anyone have a spare one that I could have (tho seeing how easy it broke I'm not holding my breath!)

Or has anyone got suggestions of indicators I could use as a suitable replacement, I'm happy with the original tail tidy so want something that will fit that. Have looked at Ducati but don't really want to spend £86 plus on something that breaks so easily!

Cheers folks

Rally
08-03-2012, 05:19 PM
Go to George Whites (Mega Motorcycle Store) on Saturday as i'm sure they will have some in their sale that would suit. Other than that, there are loads of different types available on E-Bay.

So it wasn't one too many at the Harp & Crown last night then? :D

SunEye
08-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Is it actually the indicator that has broken? I know that myself and a few others have broken the plastic where the indicator mounts into rather than the indicator itself. Very easy to do. I didn't even know I had done it. Very easy to catch the indicators with your foot.

I have got a set of Melotti LED indicators that I plan to fit once it's warm enough to stand outside for long enough to fit them. They're a bit smaller so I shouldn't catch them when I get off the bike. I wanted something that was similar to the originals, but smaller and LED.

http://www.melottimoto.com/siti/sito_website1687/upload/images/catalogo/img_prodotti/841_75169.jpg

MrsC_772
08-03-2012, 06:08 PM
So you've joined the club then, Dinkybiker! If you search the forum you'll find there's a lot of us with 696s who've done this.

Worth using Araldite to stick the old one back together - that's what Andy did to mine when I booted it with my not-so-clodhopping-size-3 getting onto the bike last year. Used a Zuru bungy to hold the indicator on firmly while the glue dried overnight.

uksurfer
08-03-2012, 06:21 PM
i bought some of these, struggle finding them let alone kicking them off :thumbsup:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Monster%20796/IMG_0350.jpg

Dinkybiker
08-03-2012, 08:38 PM
Go to George Whites (Mega Motorcycle Store) on Saturday as i'm sure they will have some in their sale that would suit. Other than that, there are loads of different types available on E-Bay.

So it wasn't one too many at the Harp & Crown last night then? :D

Hi Rally, I'm on nights so will be tucked up in bed, also I suspect GW's may well be :eek: bedlam over the weekend and I can't be doing with rooting through lots of tat as just my luck that's all that would be left!

Not done lst night, were you at the H&C??? Done a few weeks ago, can't believe my knee broke it so easily!

Is it actually the indicator that has broken? I know that myself and a few others have broken the plastic where the indicator mounts into rather than the indicator itself. Very easy to do. I didn't even know I had done it. Very easy to catch the indicators with your foot.

I have got a set of Melotti LED indicators that I plan to fit once it's warm enough to stand outside for long enough to fit them. They're a bit smaller so I shouldn't catch them when I get off the bike. I wanted something that was similar to the originals, but smaller and LED.

Suneye, yes it's the plastic stalk that has cracked, amazed at how easy it broke, my previous bike, a Diversion got dropped on numerous occasions and the indicators just popped out, there was a bit of a faff to get them back into the fairing, but at least I never needed to replace them!

Like the melotti ones you have :thumbsup:

So you've joined the club then, Dinkybiker! If you search the forum you'll find there's a lot of us with 696s who've done this.

Worth using Araldite to stick the old one back together - that's what Andy did to mine when I booted it with my not-so-clodhopping-size-3 getting onto the bike last year. Used a Zuru bungy to hold the indicator on firmly while the glue dried overnight.

Hi MrsC, yup, searched for broken indicators and found other forums (american ones) so it's a poor design fault on such a beautiful bike, grrrrrr :twak: @ Ducati
I have the Araldite, but think I'm likely to forget and smack it again so want to try and find something just that bit smaller -
tho uksurfer NOT that small :chuckle:

SunEye
08-03-2012, 09:29 PM
Like the melotti ones you have :thumbsup:
I bought them from Design Corse. The body of the indicators are Aluminium. Each indicator contains 25 LEDs, so I am hoping that they'll be quite bright. They cost about £40 for a pair. Plus the cost of the resistors - I bought some Barracuda ones for £12 a pair. They are quite slim and are sealed and cheaper and smaller than the Melotti resistors.

To give you some idea of size the lense is 6cm long and 2.5cm at its widest - that's quite a lot smaller than the originals, but not as small as uksurfer's nano indicators ;) From where they meet the bike to the tip of the indicator is 9cm.