PDA

View Full Version : Breakfast @ Popham Airfield on March 18th 10.30am

Rally
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
This will be the first time we will have visited this cafe for a breakfast meeting so it will be interesting to see the numbers we get. The idea being to move it around the area to see if we pull in some fresh faces. Popham Airfield is easy to find, just off the A303 west of Basingstoke or East of the A34 junction. The address is as follows: -
Popham Airfield
Coxford Down
Winchester
Hampshire SO21 3BD

We are aware that other bike Clubs also use this facility at weekends for meetings, so have been asked for fairly accurate numbers if we can please. Please post below if you intend to attend.

Char
07-03-2012, 03:48 PM
Char - in naughty corner though may be a 125

Maybe meet at Andover Shell for those heading from the West?

markh
07-03-2012, 04:23 PM
That's just down the road from me. I'd come but I'll be sunning it up in the Maldives. :)

uksurfer
07-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Char - in naughty corner with a 125

i thought you had bought a big bike now? :mand:

Gordon H
07-03-2012, 04:47 PM
I'll be around 550 miles north of there so may e a bit of a hike for a brekkie.......

Char
07-03-2012, 05:26 PM
i thought you had bought a big bike now? :mand:

No just a fast one :spin:

Char
07-03-2012, 05:28 PM
That's just down the road from me. I'd come but I'll be sunning it up in the Maldives. :)

Lucky you they are the most excellent of islands , have dived there in the past - probably need scuba gear here to, think we are overdue some rain

Rally
07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
I'll be around 550 miles north of there so may be a bit of a hike for a brekkie.......

And there was me thinking you were a comitted member Gordon! :rolleyes:

Char
07-03-2012, 05:32 PM
commited member, I see a whole new thread starting.........

Gordon H
07-03-2012, 06:13 PM
No just a fast one :spin:

Well that is yet to be seen ;-)

Darkness
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
And there was me thinking you were a comitted member Gordon! :rolleyes:

Committed for insanity and crimes against the soul: but the worst crime...........:cool::cool:

Darkness
07-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Rally
Char
Darkness

Any one else not out of the country?

uksurfer
07-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Rally
Char
Darkness
uksurfer (as long as not visting mum...)

Char
07-03-2012, 06:49 PM
Rally - if he can get his leg over
Char - if she has a bike
Darkness - maybe on his own
uksurfer - as long as not visting mum & /or can get his helmet on

JMo
07-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Ah, I might have to dust the old Monny off and buy a tax disc for this one...

Will let the Robster know too...

Char - if she has a bike
JMo - skinflint

Jx

MrsC_772
07-03-2012, 07:29 PM
Char - if she has a bike
JMo - skinflint
MrsC_772 & AndyC_772

uksurfer
07-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Char - on the scooter
uksurfer - as long as not visting mum & /or can get his helmet on/open face?
JMo - skinflint
MrsC_772 & AndyC_772

MsH
07-03-2012, 08:09 PM
O no! - Would have come but been invited away to family (Mothers day and my birthday)

Gordon H
07-03-2012, 08:50 PM
uksurfer - or can get his helmet on/open face?

Makes a change from worrying about getting leathers round yer ever expanding girth I suppose......

SunEye
09-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Unfortunately I'll be in France, on the Monster of course.

Altaian
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
A new venue sounds like a great idea on many counts... All being well will be able to join you Gals & Guys for brekkie. 'tis a bonus that it's a tad closer on this occasion...

Char - if she has a bike
JMo - skinflint
MrsC_772 & AndyC_772
Altaian - If can escape for a few hours...

Flip
10-03-2012, 08:12 AM
O.k....O.K...
Will have to buy a tax disc too and hope the old girl fires up alright.

But I could make it as long as my little racer is back together.

Char - if she has a bike
JMo - skinflint
MrsC_772 & AndyC_772
Flip- If I'm not up to my neck in 250 Mach1 parts

Char
13-03-2012, 05:33 PM
O.k....O.K...
Will have to buy a tax disc too and hope the old girl fires up alright.

But I could make it as long as my little racer is back together.

Char - probably
JMo - skinflint
MrsC_772 & AndyC_772
Flip- If I'm not up to my neck in 250 Mach1 parts

bumpity bump

Rally
14-03-2012, 09:37 AM
Can those of you that have put your names up, please confirm if you are still looking to go or not as room is at a premium here! I know the forecast doesn't look good for the weekend, which is why I am asking again. There is plenty of parking for cars. I have to ring with numbers on Saturday to confirm. The brekkie is really good and at £6.00 a good deal as well. Obviously you have the planes to watch flying past the window to keep you entertained. :D

Char
14-03-2012, 10:59 AM
will only go if weather good so if it has to be yes or no now then probably no as no other transport

uksurfer
14-03-2012, 07:09 PM
i wont be going in a car so it will be a no from me im afraid, the idea of a leisurely breakfast and having to go what ever seems a bit off for me :banghead:

Sorry, ill head off to weymouth and see mum

JMo
14-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Agh, we're dropping like flies...

Unfortunately I hope to be both buying and selling a bike this weekend (not the same bike, different ones) and there is going to be quite a few miles involved so it may have to happen over the two days...

But I certainly hope to be along for the next one!

Jxx

Rally
14-03-2012, 09:04 PM
And there was me holding back my reply so as to not put others off! :D

I unfortunately am still unable to ride my bike and now also not allowed to drive as well. It's a bit far for the crutches to manage, so I won't be there either. :thumbsdown:

I will still call them on Saturday for anyone that does put their name down as going though, so please don't let those of us that can't make it put you off.

:ukm:

Altaian
16-03-2012, 08:45 AM
I unfortunately am still unable to ride my bike and now also not allowed to drive as well. It's a bit far for the crutches to manage, so I won't be there either. :thumbsdown:

Sorry to hear that you're not able to drive now Rally - hope it's a speedy recovery.

Agh, we're dropping like flies...

Unfortunately I hope to be both buying and selling a bike this weekend (not the same bike, different ones) and there is going to be quite a few miles involved so it may have to happen over the two days...

But I certainly hope to be along for the next one!

Jxx

Soz for the delayed response Rally. I had hoped to make it, but I have a deadline for Monday which will probably mean no riding this weekend - but something has to give unfortunately. I was really looking forward to a chat & brekkie, seeing Char's new SF & meeting JMo.

Will hopefully meet you in April now JMo - was looking forward to putting a face to a name :)

Are any of you planning to come to the Horsham Piazza on 6th April?

Darkness
16-03-2012, 04:38 PM
I have to ring with numbers on Saturday to confirm.

Don't worry about me thanks Rally: I'm sure I can just find a table for one somewhere!

More seriously, not driving either is a bit of a bu**er for you, but you need to behave yourself so's to get fixed and riding again ASAP.:spin::spin:

Anyone going for tea and buns at Benzina next month?

JMo
16-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Anyone going for tea and buns at Benzina next month?

Sounds good - when is that?

Jx

MrsC_772
16-03-2012, 08:20 PM
If the weather is going to be pants and everyone else is dropping out, suspect Andy and I won't be there either.

I'd be better using this weekend to study for my next exam, and save some biking time for when the sun comes out.

Darkness
17-03-2012, 07:27 AM
Sounds good - when is that?

Jx

'These take place on the first Saturday of most months, April to September, so join us from two-ish ‘till teatime as we throw open our gardens and garage. Just email with tea and cakes in the subject line saying how many in your party and we’ll get back confirming we’re open and exactly how to find us. Or ‘phone if you’re feeling old fashioned.'

That would make it Easter Saturday [7th April].

Best to check they are actually happening again this year before rolling up to their place just north of Market Lavington though?

:spin::spin:

Rally
17-03-2012, 03:07 PM
I will call to say that we will come another day, but there may be a few turn up all the same. Better luck next month eh!

steve696
17-03-2012, 07:33 PM
An apology from me too - I already missed the two other meets this year and wanted to come along as Popham is only 10 minutes away for me. Well, normally it would be, but I can't get out of going to work tomorrow :(

As Rally say's - next month!