PDA

View Full Version : wanted 22mm handlebars

griffs
05-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Does anyone have any standard 22mm handlebars for sale. Mine are chrome and rusty. With the rest of the bike being restored, this is going to spoil it, but the cocts of buying new Rizzmo's is a little offputting at the mo. My Tender Board is already looking at my spending.

I was thinking of rubbing down and spraying with epoxy based paint, but that may be a bit cowboyish.

Does anyone have any for sale or point me in the direction for some not to expensive ones?

Cheers

the_adam
05-03-2012, 07:56 AM
I have a pair that (as far as I remember) are still nice and shiny. The right side is bent from a ~30mph crash though, if you have access to any way of straightening them I'd be happy to let them go for free. It was suggested that I could just do it by slipping a long scaffolding pole onto the end and using it as a lever, didn't really trust myself to get it right though :chuckle:

utopia
05-03-2012, 11:19 AM
Renthall ultra-lows are very close to the std pattern and not too expensive.

griffs
05-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Looking for either new or perfect.

Bikebitsuk have some ultralows for 25 quid. Ideal. So almost a straight match hopefully.

utopia
05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Yep, that's about what I paid.
They'll go straight on, no problem. You'll just have to either drill some tiny holes for the little pegs on the switch units (recommended) or cut the pegs off.
They're very close to std, but maybe a fraction lower and a fraction further forward.

griffs
05-03-2012, 01:17 PM
And having never riden the bike I wont know the difference anyway :-)

I wonder if its a mother to get grips off and to stay on again??

the_adam
05-03-2012, 01:28 PM
No, they're easy enough to get off. On the original bars my left grip used to spin round slightly if you rode for too long, would recommend gluing it in place :) They were a tighter fit on the clip-ons but getting them on wasn't too much trouble

utopia
05-03-2012, 02:37 PM
Yep, the old ones will be fine.
Its only the left that you'll need to move anyway.
I bought a spare set of grips....they're still in the box.
Std bar-ends won't fit though due to smaller bore of ally bars.