PDA

View Full Version : Fuel system question - 2002 620 i.e.

griffs
05-03-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi,

I have read the sticky's on the fuel system and I was able to diagnose a problem with my fuel pump.

I am in the process of cleaning the whole fuel system as the bike stood for 5 years with no fuel prep. I have a question on the system generally.

I am trying to circulate cleaner through the whole system, from main to return but it is impossible to di as the system is blocked, i.e. no flow. I know the system is a pressure system and that the pressure reg is set to about 3 bar (45 psi ish). I was hoping that with enough force on my large syringe I could open the reg and get fluid back to the return pipe. Pipes are clear as I have removed from each injector and also filled injectors with injector cleaner.

As my pump was solid with residue, I want to check that the regulator is OK and clean.

The querstion is, any simple way of checking? Without a pressure gauge, could I give sufficient pressure on my syringe to open the regulator and not damage the injectors.

Any advice please?

Cheers

Capo
05-03-2012, 07:08 AM
I doubt if you could get sufficient pressure with a syringe to open the regulator. You can strip it by removing the circlip.
There are also fine mesh strainers in the injectors.

pooh
14-03-2012, 06:25 PM
You should be able to connect a syringe to the open pipe on the top of the regulator and by pulling the syringe out pull a vacuum on the diaphragm which may open the regulator. It worked on in but I used an industrial strength vacuum pump but the theory is the same. The other option is to disconnect the regulator from the main lines and connectit between the two pipes from the tank and then run the pump which should open the regulator. I would be tempted to fit a cheap inline fuel filer after the regulator to stop any gunk getting back into the tank or pump.

Ian

griffs
15-03-2012, 06:50 AM
I have tried pushing really hard with what I have but it wont budge.

Good call with thge inline filter. I will definitely do that before I crank her again - which is going to be this weekend. So exciting :)