PDA

View Full Version : Dyno set-up South-West

andythehandyman
04-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Hi, got a S4R with termi's and race ecu fitted and it is awful for fuel consumption and virtually unrideable on a light throttle opening/low gear. To say the throttles need balancing is a huge understatement, but I'm thinking of getting it done properly on a dyno. Does anybody out there know of anywhere decent in the South-West? I'm in Newquay and don't mind travelling for a quality set-up! Custom EPROM mapping would be an advantage too!

Pedro
04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
Louigi Moto in the bristol area has a dyno and gives top service

Rally
04-03-2012, 09:55 AM
Also Moore speed racing in Bournemouth have one.

Gilps
04-03-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi, got a S4R with termi's and race ecu fitted and it is awful for fuel consumption and virtually unrideable on a light throttle opening/low gear. To say the throttles need balancing is a huge understatement, but I'm thinking of getting it done properly on a dyno. Does anybody out there know of anywhere decent in the South-West? I'm in Newquay and don't mind travelling for a quality set-up! Custom EPROM mapping would be an advantage too!

As pedro says, call Lougi Moto. They have the facility to custom map the stock ECU.

Paul_
04-03-2012, 04:01 PM
There is a place in North Devon where a mate of mine is having his bike set up after dynojetting/airbox/exhaust mods. Called Ace motorcycles in Bude, very good by all accounts and much closer than having to trudge to Bristol all the time.

Do Riders in Bridgewater do any Dyno stuff? It's still a trek but again closer with it being Bridgwater, although you will be paying more for their time being a main dealer. Had my bike serviced there recently and they did collect and return it free of charge.

Zak
04-03-2012, 05:47 PM
Scooter red did my dyno, based in Cheltenham, plus he races monsters so knows more than most, you should see his own bike, engine has full magnesium casings, and its worth going up just to see those.

Bill and Brian that run the place and are two of he best spanner men going. Highly recommended!

Z.

andythehandyman
04-03-2012, 08:37 PM
Cheers guys, probably give Ace a ring, should be able to get to Bude on one tank of fuel, not the two it would take to get to Bristol!! Heard a good report about them and it's a cracking ride up the Atlantic Highway to get there!