PDA

View Full Version : Stock cans / parts of

Nottsbiker
28-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Hi All,

Soon I'm going to be coring and shortening my stock cans as its free and I have no money.

Anyways, one of my cans has some gravel rash on one corner from some extreme leaning over meaning that the inlet part is scuffed.

Does anyone have these parts going spare or some complete cans that they no longer want / need?

I'll happily collect or cover all postage costs, but being honest am after freebies ;)

Many thanks - Ben

jamiedan2009
28-02-2012, 03:25 PM
I've got some stock cans but i want many of the above for them :-(

Nottsbiker
28-02-2012, 05:13 PM
Ok mate no worries

Darkness
29-02-2012, 12:47 PM
...shortening my stock cans... one of my cans....the inlet part is scuffed.

Why not cut the extra length from the inlet end of the sleeve?

That gives the advantage that it keeps the E mark in place at the noisier end.

:spin::spin:

Zak
29-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Why not cut the extra length from the inlet end of the sleeve?

That gives the advantage that it keeps the E mark in place at the noisier end.

:spin::spin:

Agreed and its exactly what I did on my last Monster project, due to one of the cans being heavily marked.

Z

Nottsbiker
29-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Yes the sleave damage can easily be gotten rid of as I will be shortening them.

What I'm on about is the entry part - where the pipe joins the sleave, this part has gravel rash that cant be gotten rid of :(

Zak
29-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Yes the sleave damage can easily be gotten rid of as I will be shortening them.

What I'm on about is the entry part - where the pipe joins the sleave, this part has gravel rash that cant be gotten rid of :(

Can you not polish the cans to remove the marks and then leave with a high polish finish?

Nottsbiker
29-02-2012, 07:17 PM
This is what talking about;

utopia
29-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Assuming that the scrape hasn't actually made a hole, I'd still be inclined to use what you've got.
Once you've got it apart, you'll probably find that the damage to the inlet pipe is as much dent as scrape, and could be knocked out before cleaning up the scratches. (I'm assuming here...I've never actually dismantled one myself).
Then again its stainless, it ain't gonna rust, and there's a certain cool to a scraped exhaust, so it maybe doesn't matter too much if all the scratches won't come out.

Dukedesmo
29-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Once the ally sleeve is off the stainless part could be welded up and ground down again, look as good as new with a good polish...

Nottsbiker
29-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Just need to recruit a new friend who can weld then ;)

Tbh I think its knackered as out appears to have worn through - still no rush as exhaust will the last thing to go on.

Darkness
01-03-2012, 09:51 AM
This is what talking about;

A lot of that would be covered bt the ally sleeve once you've shortened it.

I'd give it a go and see how it looks: that one first as it's good practise anyway.