PDA

View Full Version : Another SE London Newbie!

Dirty
28-02-2012, 11:40 AM
Hi all

Greenwich lad here. New to motorbikes and Ducatis!

Bit of background. :shocked: Shock horror I actually don't like motorbikes as a rule! 50 years ago I'd have been a Mod rather than a rocker. But Ducatis are different. Works of engineering art in my view, I love them. I always said I'd buy one just to put in the living room one day.

So this year I needed to get a bike licence for career reasons (doing the knowledge). I could have got away with a CBT but didn't want to ride with L plates and liked the thought of having a few days proper training so I went for a full licence. Thinking I'd never want a proper bike I opted for the A2.:fou:

:idea: 6 weeks of moped riding later and I'm scouring the internet for an M600. I still remember the first Monster I saw. It must have been when they first came out back in the 90's. It was parked outside Terra Nova Ins on Mincing lane EC3. It was red (obviously) and I was walking arkwardly for a little while after seeing it.:heart:

Anyway mine arrives in a few days. It's yellow. Expect lots of silly questions from me in the technical threads. I know my way around cars but bikes are alien to me so go gentle please!
:spin:

J.P
28-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Welcome to the club. You're in the right part of London as it's quite active North Kent and the London meet which is in the Docklands. I'm in Brockley myself.
In fact if the bike is running why no pop over to FatBoys diner on Saturday at 12 to meet some other members. Usually a small bunch of us catch up and have a natter.
And there's all the knowledge you could ever need.

Musty
28-02-2012, 11:51 AM
Welcome to the madhouse!

Good to have another fellow Londoner on board!

Dirty
28-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Certainly looking forward to catching up soon and Fatboys is just through the tunnel. Not sure if I'll make this Saturday due to work but I might manage it.

Bike should be up and running immediately though. Couple of bits n bobs need doing but will get that sorted in next couple of weeks. 1 thing I have to do immediately is put the Fi restrictor kit back in. Looks like 2 large washers. I presume they go in the carbs somewhere. Cue 1st silly question in tech section!

Grumpy
28-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Welcome to the club.....Pomp lives near you and is a fountain of info, give him a shout.

Capo
28-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the club.
As you can see from the home page, we have an annual get together at the Arrow Mill, second bank holiday in May, a good place to meet the faces behind the names here.

Scott1
29-02-2012, 09:28 AM
Hi and welcome, I also live in Greenwich so hopefully see you about, my first Monster was a yellow 600, I loved it, I'm on my fourth now.

Pomp1
01-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Hi Dirty and welcome, as Grumpy said I live not far from you in Blackheath. Not sure about being a fountain of info thought ;)

scrapps
01-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Hello and welcome

Dirty
02-03-2012, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the club.....Pomp lives near you and is a fountain of info, give him a shout.

Thanks I will

Hi and welcome, I also live in Greenwich so hopefully see you about, my first Monster was a yellow 600, I loved it, I'm on my fourth now.
Hi Dirty and welcome, as Grumpy said I live not far from you in Blackheath. Not sure about being a fountain of info thought ;)

Thanks guys.

Blimey I thought I'd be a bit unique and different but looks like I'll be blending in. Are we the official Greenwich Chapter!:yoparty:

Know anything about restrictors Pomp :o

Welcome to the club.
As you can see from the home page, we have an annual get together at the Arrow Mill, second bank holiday in May, a good place to meet the faces behind the names here.

Thanks Capo. Sadly I work every weekend. I'm hoping to catch up with some of the closer meets though when I can.

Hello and welcome

Thanks Scrapps

Pomp1
02-03-2012, 08:04 AM
How large are we talking on this washers? I know the IE bikes have either a stop on the throttle or one at the injection body depending on if it was an aftermarket job, but not sure on carb'd bikes. Post some pics and measures. As other have said I think the right place is in the tin under the sink. ;-)

Dirty
02-03-2012, 12:02 PM
How large are we talking on this washers? I know the IE bikes have either a stop on the throttle or one at the injection body depending on if it was an aftermarket job, but not sure on carb'd bikes. Post some pics and measures. As other have said I think the right place is in the tin under the sink. ;-)

Thanks Pomp. Update and pics here (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=420515#post420515)

Dirty
10-03-2012, 01:28 PM
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=16071&stc=1&d=1331389641

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/attachment.php?attachmentid=16072&stc=1&d=1331389648

dazzpowder
10-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Welcome. How you getting on with the knowledge ?

Dirty
10-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Welcome. How you getting on with the knowledge ?

Thanks

Still very much at the beginning but going well. Have done 80 runs in 5 weeks :running: