PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Toshiba Satellite A110 or HELP!

STIVH
19-02-2012, 09:41 PM
High folks this is on a wing and a prayer....................

Anyone have a Toshiba Recovery Disc ..........- Portions circa 2006 with Windows XP.
My disc has the folowing codes on the bottom of GMR400623END and CD 5D123528.

I have a Satellite A110-142 Model PSAB6E-00M00QEN Laptop computer.

I have had to reset the computer this weekend and found that the recovery disc had an unseen crack from the centre which has meant it has now crashed while part way reformating my hard drive.

Computer is now none functioning :shocked:

So anyone out there have one they can post out/lend me so I can get this rebooted:hail:
I will pay for post and include some pennies for a decent drink if you can help and also obviously send it back straight away.

Other ideas also welcome:scratch:

Funkatronic
20-02-2012, 01:16 AM
its possible to get a machine up and running using a generic standard windows XP disc (and serial number)

you will need to download and install all the drivers on a different machine and copy them over on a flash disc or cd

Trent
20-02-2012, 10:17 AM
its possible to get a machine up and running using a generic standard windows XP disc (and serial number)

you will need to download and install all the drivers on a different machine and copy them over on a flash disc or cd

+1

Easiest option (assuming you can't get hold of a recovery CD) would be to reinstall from a Windows XP SP3 CD (assuming you still have the original XP license key on a sticker under the laptop)

I can send you one that you can keep if you like (It's labelled as a Dell CD, but still works for other makes)

Once XP is installed, you'll need to download the drivers off the Toshiba website. It's a bit of a long winded process, but you'll end up with a better system as you'll have all the latest drivers etc installed (instead of the ones that were available in 2006)

PM me your address if you want me to send a CD...

Nickj
20-02-2012, 11:16 PM
LOL You'd think that we were knee deep in Dell recovery/XP SPn CD's!! It feels like everyone I know has at least one or three
Working in a very conservative organisation that reverts evrything back to XP there is now a growing mountain of Win7 DVD's.

Nickj
20-02-2012, 11:19 PM

The satellite series will run with the generic drivers on the install CD, certainly it'll be functional enough to get you on line to download the Tosh drivers.