PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Pipworks
12-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Hi, just joined the forum, so would like to say hello.

I'd also like a bit of advice if it's the right place to ask here, or if I'm supposed to create a new thread in the relative category, then apologies.

I'm currently looking to change my bike, and I'm seriously thinking about the 796 Hypermotard.

I currently ride a KTM 640 supermoto, which I really like, but I have toured it a couple of times and being a big single, it kind of shakes me, and itself, to bits. Mostly though I use it for commuting, so what I want is a light-ish bike that is commutable in the city, but also capable of doing the very occasional tours to Europe. A big ask really.

I've read that I should change the sprocket to a 14T to make it smoother in traffic, which was also something that needed doing on the KTM.

I've also read a few threads on here about touring the 796 so looks like its possibly the bike for me, so really I'm waiting for the weather to warm up so I can take one for a test ride.

What is the service intervals for the 796?

Thanks

Phil

uksurfer
12-02-2012, 05:24 PM
first service is at 625 miles
then service is 7,500 miles or 12 months
15,000 miles or 24 months
22,500 miles or 36 months

then sell to someone else

steve696
12-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Hi and welcome, I dont know about the hyper, but I came from various big SMs and bought a Monster 696. Touring, track days, commuting, gentle ride outs and being chased through Wiltsire by Mr plod are all done with ease!

Pipworks
15-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Hah, thanks both, I've been looking at the touring solutions, looks like it's very varied, but definitely doable, so just waiting for some half decent weather now.