PDA

View Full Version : headlight glass ??

svoke
22-11-2003, 11:40 AM
How lucky am I,

Just getting used to the bike after the £850 to get her going again, on my way home from work in the dark & wet, hear a funny noise,

As I am putting the bike into my garage I notice the headlight is smashed, must have been a stray stone or something,

So who has any advice on replacement glass if that is possible or is it a complete unit ?? where is the best place to start ?

Thanks again in anticipation.

Steve

CK & AK
22-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Not a sealed unit Steve - phone a couple of Ducati agents - or try fleabay mate.
Could be pricey tho.

Alan

Duncan
22-11-2003, 03:49 PM
I used to fit Cibie Z beams to bikes on the basis they were cheaper and gave a better light. They had a concave lens that looks trick too but not seen them around for a while??

Those who have costed the Ducati item have found the same thing cheaper for a BMW bike so try your local BM dealer.

Anyone know if the Cagiva Raptor one fits? Its a clear lens and looks great.

grunter
22-11-2003, 06:47 PM
bmw or buell light or jim at bikeenders pm me if you need the number
l8r
grunt

crust
22-11-2003, 08:58 PM
try:

www.motobins.co.uk

or

Brackens

or

James Sherlock

they'll all sell you a glass for £17.00p to £20.00p

:) Crust

spacemonkey
25-11-2003, 07:12 PM
I wish I'd known that a few months ago... I got a second for £85 (whole unit) which was difficult enough. New ones are whole unit only at £185!!!

CraigW
26-11-2003, 10:07 AM
if anyone wants one I've got a virtually new unit, yours for £60 + postage.

Fodder
26-11-2003, 10:22 AM
I know collie_dogs got one in our garage, with a slight scuff on the chrome surround she may let you have for cheap, if not we got the whole sealed unit off of ebay vgc for £40.

svoke
28-11-2003, 05:50 PM
Yes you do know your onions, Ducati only do the whole unit, so I spoke with BMW, and yes they can get me a glass at £18 + Vat, so i order one up, go to pick it up, & like I said I am lucky,

BMW only have in stock a complete lamp, with chrome casing all round and yes sir as we dont want it anymore you can have it for the same price as just the glass.

Any way I thought the Chrome lamp would look nice on the bike but the attachment points are slightly higher / lower so rather than cause my self any other problems i left the existing case on the bike and just swapped over the glass.

Riding safely again now

cheers

Steve