PDA

View Full Version : Horsham Piazza Rally 6th April 2012

Bikergirl
10-02-2012, 02:30 PM
Hi All,

Attached is all the information you need for the fantastic Horsham Piazza Italia VI Rally on 6th April.

Please note: to reserve a place in the ride-in parade, you need to register as per the flyer.
Timings are also detailed on the flyer.
Don't delay - book today !! :running:

Please make sure you provide full name and bike registration when you book. This is a requirement from Horsham DC.

Altaian
10-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Hope the weather's as good as last year - great turn-out of Italian exotica... Ideal start to the long Easter w/e. I'll be there :)

Bikergirl
10-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Why thank you.... Altaian "experiences along the way"!!!

Flip
11-02-2012, 07:34 AM
I've been meaning to go on that for ages but there's always a clash.

I love Pietro's little shop and it's just up the road too but again this year the run out clashes with the first classic race of the year at Pembrey- it's a shame too as he has the only other one of these I've seen with the Staccato styling- just a pity it's not raced anymore.

nuttynick
11-02-2012, 10:14 AM
A few of the Kent DOC lot are aiming for an early start from Mickeys Diner, via The Oakdene, then on to Box Hill for the ride down the West Chiltington if anyone fancies it?

Saint aka ML
13-02-2012, 07:59 PM
So again how do we register just send an e-mail to address in document?

Sirc
13-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes oh Fizzy watered one - just send an E-mail to link above starting 'Hi Jilly' and then give your name, bike and registration number. I think it's not only to gauge numbers but also to give you authorisation to park as you would normally not be able to (in theory).

Bikergirl
14-02-2012, 08:34 AM
No registration means no sticker on the day ..... which means you can't join the official parade into town and park with the Italian bikes in Carfax (town centre)! :hissy:
You don't pay until you actually turn up on the day at Pietro's. And it's all for good causes.
We had a terrific time last year - loads to see there.
Go on - you know you want to !!! :biggrin:

Paivi
14-02-2012, 03:35 PM
I'll be there, but will sneak in later, as I refuse to be bound by clocks... ;)

Grumpy
14-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Form sent, see you guys on the day.

Saint aka ML
14-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Yes oh Fizzy watered one - just send an E-mail to link above starting 'Hi Jilly' and then give your name, bike and registration number. I think it's not only to gauge numbers but also to give you authorisation to park as you would normally not be able to (in theory).

There is no link just word document with e-mail in side but will send it. Never been there and this year I will do that over Bristol.

uksurfer
14-02-2012, 07:50 PM
might try to make this day out, is there any meeting points from Loomies area?

banditloon
14-02-2012, 09:55 PM
I'll be there, but will sneak in later, as I refuse to be bound by clocks... ;)

I'm sure you did that last year!! ;)

banditloon
14-02-2012, 09:57 PM
I'm already booked up for the Italian Job run on Easter Monday. Could I really push my luck and use the big red shouty thing on Good Friday? Well, the sticker on the mudguard needs replacing! ;) And as if luck would have it, I seem to have already booked a local hotel room for the Thursday night.....

Paivi
15-02-2012, 08:34 AM
I'm sure you did that last year!! ;)
Shh, I think I got away with it. :look:

scrapps
15-02-2012, 11:18 AM
A few of the Kent DOC lot are aiming for an early start from Mickeys Diner, via The Oakdene, then on to Box Hill for the ride down the West Chiltington if anyone fancies it?

I would be up for that if the weather is ok,i do need to put my Monster back together first but that will give me a date to aim for. :thumbsup:

Bikergirl
15-02-2012, 02:17 PM
There is no link just word document with e-mail in side but will send it. Never been there and this year I will do that over Bristol.

Fantastic :cool:
Re registration - I am hoping to have the registration form to put up here shortly ..... just waiting to get this year's version approved.... sorry it's rather "bitty"..... but I wanted to get the date posted.

Once the form is up, you can send an email + form directly to:
editor@docgb.net

I look forward to putting names to faces!!
See you there :yoparty:

nuttynick
20-02-2012, 10:00 PM
Are any of the Surrey/Sussex Monster guys up for this? A few of us met at Box Hill last year for the run down.

Altaian
21-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Are any of the Surrey/Sussex Monster guys up for this? A few of us met at Box Hill last year for the run down.

might try to make this day out, is there any meeting points from Loomies area?

Hmmm, it looks like there may be a few interim meets... 'Loomies' v 'Box Hill' v 'Wessons'...

I guess it could depend on the weather forecast, as to which will present the nicest morning ride to start the long weekend... :biggrin:

MrsC_772
06-04-2012, 07:16 PM
A good day out, if a little chilly to start with.

The girls selling coffee at Motori di Marino first thing did a roaring trade in cups of hot anything to defrost frozen fingertips.

The sun shone, there was an interesting assortment of bikes (must say the 2 MV Agusta F4 Sennas looked rather lovely). Shame they quarantined the bikes at the opposite end of the Horsham town centre from the Ferraris (which probably outnumbered the two wheelers). We were parked up by the alien eyeball/cabbage "fountain" thingy. Char's new Streetfighter attracted some admiring glances.

Got home after an agreeable detour with Altaian, Char, Liz & Stafford to Midhurst for tea and cakes. Sitting out in the sunshine there, it was almost summery!

nuttynick
06-04-2012, 07:30 PM
Yes, it was a great day, thanks to Al leading us in from Box Hill. It ws a shame we were so far away from the cars, also, a few of us were asked to display our bikes and then told to park about as far from the fountain as you could get, weird! Still, it made getting away early a bit easier! Nice to see you Monster people too ;-)

Grumpy
06-04-2012, 07:35 PM
Hi guys,
Good to meet up with you today.:)
I can only agree with you Mrs C it was a cold start, minus 2 when I left home!!
The girls at the meet point where great with free coffee and cake!!
Atleast the weather warmed up mid morning:)
Hope you all got home safely.