PDA

View Full Version : Ducatisti ?

Martin C
08-02-2012, 04:07 PM
UKMOC is - of course - the very best forum for all things Monstrous - but I also have another ("grown-up") Ducati and the Ducatisti site was brilliant for that. Does anyone know more than the bare announcement that it's temporarily offline?

(I've seen the hilarious Adolf video and nearly expired from laughing so much!)

Capo
08-02-2012, 04:34 PM
It's been gone for 2 months now, I doubt it will return.

Dukedesmo
08-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Looks like it's a gonner which is a shame as it didn't have to be, and it was a good site.

Funkatronic
08-02-2012, 05:59 PM
many have jumped onto here (http://www.italiansportingclub.co.uk/)

not quite as vibrant or stocked full of good info but a few good people and more posts and it might be a good substitute

Thirdway
08-02-2012, 06:11 PM
I find Ducati.ms pretty good, not sure if they do secret Santa.

Gilps
08-02-2012, 07:10 PM
I find Ducati.ms pretty good, not sure if they do secret Santa.

That's a pity as that's all I really want from a Ducati forum.

He11cat
08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
Not sure about that site it has "aviation" is that for plane spotting seeing as trainspotting is now so last week!

And "show us your" with photos and Videos under the "show us yours" is rather scary :)

but Glips I sent you your secret santa..
It was a Rizoma gentlemans bits scratcher .... If the postman nicked that I shall be most vexed!!

Capo
08-02-2012, 07:23 PM
many have jumped onto here (http://www.italiansportingclub.co.uk/)

not quite as vibrant or stocked full of good info but a few good people and more posts and it might be a good substitute

Not a Ducati site

Gilps
08-02-2012, 07:33 PM
but Glips I sent you your secret santa..
It was a Rizoma gentlemans bits scratcher .... If the postman nicked that I shall be most vexed!!

I got it ok thanks and it does what it says on the tin. Let me know if you ever want it back.

Paivi
08-02-2012, 07:37 PM
The word is that it will be come back shortly. No doubt Dan will explain it all when it does, but the reason for it having been offline this long is nothing sinister but very mundane.

He11cat
08-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I was a good girl and did send my secret Santa!!!

If I was very rich I would buy and post random people pressies:)

It's ok gilps it was the special one off clown edition.

Big thumbs up anyway to the Gecko!!
Someone I know did me a secret santa this year and it was one of the best Christmas pressies I've had in years and it impressed me!

DaffyDuc
08-02-2012, 09:16 PM
The word is that it will be come back shortly. No doubt Dan will explain it all when it does, but the reason for it having been offline this long is nothing sinister but very mundane.

I hope you are right Paivi, I sort of miss it and enjoyed the ride down to Haldon hill for the Breakfast meets.

tricolore
08-02-2012, 09:28 PM
It will be good to see it back.........I think. As with many forums some very useful stuff on there but unfortunately some unpleasant characters on there too and too much bad mouthing of dealers for my liking, not sure they'll be pleased to see it back ?

He11cat
08-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Sadly you always get the odd keyboard warrior or foul creature on any forums .
We are quite lucky on here it's where the nice people come out to play :)

people soon wise up ..

Capo
08-02-2012, 11:20 PM
It will be good to see it back.........I think. As with many forums some very useful stuff on there but unfortunately some unpleasant characters on there too and too much bad mouthing of dealers for my liking, not sure they'll be pleased to see it back ?

Now we are talking rectums again

Saint aka ML
08-02-2012, 11:54 PM

Right well one way or another users are lost.

I hope you are right Paivi, I sort of miss it and enjoyed the ride down to Haldon hill for the Breakfast meets.

I did miss it but not anymore I am past withdrowal phase and now on acceptance so not care.

The bad mouthing of dealers well I see it from the opposite point of view to you. They actually did not allow to bad mouth dealers even if they bluntly deserved it. Bad service should be punished like good one rewarded.

Odd that it was very hard to find bad service example all together, or if there was one left unfixed from MR or JHP and more while you could find some others. Clearly people had reasons.

Dave G
09-02-2012, 10:34 AM

I dont care, its dead and necromancy is never good.

Phatty
09-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Never even been on it

Katie
12-02-2012, 08:50 PM
I liked it and would be happy to see it back, I like it here, but ducatisti was bigger

Chris & Nean
13-02-2012, 09:42 AM
I remember a ride out with ducatisti in 07, Market Harborough - Melton Mowbray run with a stop off at Rutland Water, it was a great day out. I hope ducatisti comes back too, it was a good forum.

He11cat
13-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Kate I miss the M600 section it was getting quite fun!
Hope your ok!

gary tompkins
13-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I liked it and would be happy to see it back, I like it here, but ducatisti was bigger

Being bigger does not always mean something is better ;)

Capo
13-02-2012, 07:30 PM
If you own a monster THIS is the site to belong to.
Ducatisti was bigger as it attracted tossers.

rac3r
13-02-2012, 07:48 PM
Ducatisti was good for random Ducati stuff and talking SBK/MotoGP (Although the Stoner/Rossi thing went on a bit!) but I think because it's been offline for so long it won't be the same again. Most would have found somewhere else

He11cat
13-02-2012, 11:07 PM
GT ! Apparently is not the size that matters but what you do with it .

Funkatronic
13-02-2012, 11:50 PM
Ducatisti was good for random Ducati stuff and talking SBK/MotoGP (Although the Stoner/Rossi thing went on a bit!) but I think because it's been offline for so long it won't be the same again. Most would have found somewhere else

haha, u stared that one i seem to remember mate ;-P

Saint aka ML
14-02-2012, 12:33 AM
haha, u stared that one i seem to remember mate ;-P

There were two there one started by rac3r and one he was only adding petrol when it was dying down :D

Katie
15-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Kate I miss the M600 section it was getting quite fun!
Hope your ok!

Yes I am good, fed up with the cold weather, I won't go out on the bike if it is below about 5 degrees C, therefore I have high hopes for this weekend. I need to get back on the bike, hubby thinks I am mad going out just to say hello to Monster.

rac3r
15-02-2012, 11:26 PM
There were two there one started by rac3r and one he was only adding petrol when it was dying down :D

Yep I started it and added a few logs to the fire now and then :D

He11cat
16-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Kate I most unlike me have not been out for weeks as couldn't drive or ride as my vision went I'm bored senseless and too hoping my bike will start!!!
Here's to the weekend!

Paivi
16-02-2012, 09:16 AM
Yep I started it and added a few logs to the fire now and then :D
Why? :twak:

Kato
16-02-2012, 09:30 AM
Because Tossi is a twat and everyone needs to know about it .............simples

Dave G
16-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Because Tossi is a twat and everyone needs to know about it .............simples

:rolleyes:

rac3r
16-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Just to watch everyone kill each other :chuckle:

He11cat
16-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Is that a bonfire I smell ???