PDA

View Full Version : Torque Setting M 600 and other issue

Gil
08-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Hi,

Well I was changing the belts on a 96 M600, but could not find the torque setting for the cam belt bolt tensioner anywhere. Some source were 25 to 30 NM

I just called a Ducati mechanic who told me it was 26 NM. Which I d'like to share.

I also have an issue at low rev and accelerating, the engine tend to misfire? I wonder if it's an typical electrical problem with the rectifier, plug lead..don't think it's carb as it iddle well at low rev, it's only when I accelerate, there is some kind of a lapse.

Cheers

don_matese
09-02-2012, 12:07 PM
I found that my m600 misfires sometimes and have narrowed it down to the coil... I did this by pulling the spark plug lead and then just touching the lead and plug together and found that the cylinder suddenly fired into life (raised the revs).

manwithredbike
09-02-2012, 03:09 PM
is the misfire just recently in the cold weather? if so could be carb icing. plenty of stuff about it on here.

blue_toaster
09-02-2012, 04:00 PM
I worked on a M900 years ago that misfired all the time. Idled smoothly, mixture was right on idle, but ran rough as you like under power. It was eventually traced to one of the butterfly valves not closing properly. The owner changed the carbs and it ran sweet from then on.

That's something that wouldn't just happen though, it was from the day the bike had been bought by my mate and so was like that before then. Has your problem developed recently? if so then I'd look at fuelling, carb icing, crud in the carbs, a stuck float valve or something like that.

Gil
10-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Hi,

Well thanks for giving me some pointers...It's definetly not carb icing, I had the rpoblem back when I got the bike in August...

I'll definetly look at the coil, and also the float/Butterlfy Valves.I'll investigate that...

Cheers!