PDA

View Full Version : Boxhill Sat 11th Feb

Sirc
06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
It's that monthly meet time again, I'll be there but I realise that snow may prevent go. I have all the bits to assemble M900 now, doing it is another matter.

Kato
06-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I've no rugby this coming saturday so I might venture out assuming its not wet.....

Sirc
09-02-2012, 02:31 PM
depending on which forecast you read/believe, Saturday morning is looking sunny with v. good visibility but with 1 deg temperature predicted I don't blame anyone for not turning out - it's only 6 miles down the road for me so can risk hypothermal-exposure as long as the cafe's open. If this keeps up i'll have to look at barkbusters and heated things soon. Used to take a hot water bottle for morning journey to work years ago (in a car) and remember how you could defrost the outside of the windscreen on the move by rubbing glass rapidly until the air movement did the job for you.

Sirc
10-02-2012, 09:38 AM
that'll just be me then and a few ballerinas maybe. Thanks for the thought Kato - next month maybe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiccMk0Mm7c

Paivi
10-02-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm on the London/Surrey border, and we've got several cm of the white stuff here. :woot:

Altaian
10-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm on the London/Surrey border, and we've got several cm of the white stuff here. :woot:

Can't be serious if you're not measuring in inches... :rolleyes:

Plans have changed, so I should be up for this. Morning weather will determine 2 or 4 wheels. Heated seats may have the edge on heated grips... A dilemma for the morning.

So Paivi, do geckos come out to play in 'several cm of the white stuff'?

Paivi
10-02-2012, 08:08 PM
So Paivi, do geckos come out to play in 'several cm of the white stuff'?
Normal geckos do but those with the second bout of pneumonia in three months don't. :(

Saint aka ML
10-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Sorry guys but I just do not feel like riding so will skip that.

Sirc
10-02-2012, 09:49 PM
That's ok Lucazs, when it's this cold it can take the fun out of it and I wouldn't fancy driving into London tomorrow. You only have to look at the number of car related accidents on the news today to know that it's risky out there.

Kato
11-02-2012, 08:00 AM
Well I'm going................Straight back to bed, reckon you'd have to be suicidal to get the bike out in all this ice...

Sirc
11-02-2012, 08:09 AM
it's -7 here, so you could be right. If Elefant doesn't start and idle ok then i'll probably take the Panda (they can both be Monsters in the right hands) :spin:

EDIT Elefant started with fresh battery (bless it's heart) turned choke off and went for hand throttle - seized solid - a possible disadvantage of running both cables. Shame, as roads don't look too bad

Diego
11-02-2012, 11:58 AM
Normal geckos do but those with the second bout of pneumonia in three months don't. :(

Get well soon Paivi! Hope the road to recovery is short.

Altaian
11-02-2012, 12:04 PM
Well I'm going................Straight back to bed, reckon you'd have to be suicidal to get the bike out in all this ice...

Shame you missed it Kato. It was -5°C when I left Sussex. Paper/Rock/Scissors... Heated Seats win over Heated Grips... :mand: Shame, as I was lookin' forward to getting the 'Fighter out. Hopefully it'll be better temperatures for the Kent meet tmw...

On the plus side, it was only -2.5°C when I arrived at Ryka's Cafe...

Ps, cheers for the apple pies Sirc.

Sirc
11-02-2012, 04:51 PM
and thanks for the coffee Alt. Was determined to get out for a run so defrosted the throttle cables on returning home and headed up to Newlands Corner. There were 3 other bikes, 2 braver than me on a couple of Triumph 955's who had come from Godalming. I think temp was just in the plus with the sun out. Bike ran well with no icing.