PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from South West.

Zak
05-02-2012, 07:45 PM
Hi Guys and Girls,

Thought i'd say hi and introduce myself and my beautiful Monster. I bought my M750 on a 'w' plate 3 years ago from a guy near Glasgow, rode her home that day in one hit and then started the work, this isnt the first time I've done a Monster project, but it certainly was always going to be the biggest the most outrageous, and without a doubt, the fastest (well thats the plan).

So lets get to the interesting bits:

Bodywork:

Frame stripped down, pillion handles removed along with all unnecessary pipework, frame re-sprayed black.
Tank sprayed black with Red and white flames, Carbon RX7 lid [painted to match paint work, both with new laquer coat with metal flake in to add SPARKLE
Racecap filler, black.
Wide Renthal bars, black.
All electrics and wiring hidden in frame or tucked away, never to be seen again....
Wheels outer rims polished.
R1 headlights fitted, handmade bracket made, front indicators fitted inside headlights.
LED Integrated brake and tail light
Knuckledusters made from machined steel and polished, fitted either side below fuel tank (just in front of where your knee would be).
6x2 Number plate
Side panels and bellypan sprayed matt black.

Engine:

Crank breather with pipercross filter.
Pipercross race air filter and air box cut through lid
Upgraded Race ignition coils
Silicone HT leads
Race Sparkplugs
NOS kit with bespoke vacuum switch and variable boost control
Handmade one off carbon race exhaust (twin outlet) with polished downpipes, gives more throat than Linda Lovelace.

Brakes:

S4R discs and upgraded pads
S4R Cylinders with handmade brackets
Paso fully adjustable levers in black aluminium with polished switch levers

Other bits:

More polishing, including NOS bottle (Fitted under pillion seat)
Anodised fuel and NOS kit valve either side of the engine.
All sorts of trickery on the handlebars to firstly 'ARM' the NOS and then an additional hidden switch to 'FIRE' the NOS, hidden as to appease the Po-Po........

The dyno results have been, spectactular, to say the least, without the NOS engaged theyre impressive, with the NOS enaged at peak torque, WOW......... now I'm not going to post the figs as there are always doubters, but once I have worked out how to scan I will put them up as a picture for all to see, needless to say, I wont be pressing the go button too many times.....

There is a further stage to the bike which involves magnesium casings,changing the seating and maybe a single sided arm, but I want to ride it through the summer this year, and I've been without it long enough, its time to ride it.

I have been asked a few times why I did this work on a 750 and not a 900 the S2R or S4R, and its simple, I have owned most Ducatis, 2 x 600m, 1 x 900m, 1 x 916 sps and 1 x 748, and the engine I have enjoyed the most is the 750, its picks up much faster coming out of a corner, the weight is almost as low as a 600, but has much more power, and they are made from girders.

So, I will be out and about at some rideouts over the summer, if I'm invited of course, and will no doubt see some of you on various back roads around the Cotswolds, so if you see me, say hi and hey, you may even like me ;)

Anyway, good to meet you all, I've rambled enough, I will post more updates and comments as the weeks pass....

Z.

scrapps
06-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a great bike i look forward to seeing it about this summer.

J.P
06-02-2012, 03:59 PM
I fitted a set of new levers to my Monster at the weekend.......

Welcome to the club, doesn't sound like there's much we can tell you !

Musty
06-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Welcome!

Doesn't sound like you've done enough to your bike... Kidding... sounds superb.

Rally
06-02-2012, 04:17 PM
Welcome along Zak, you may like to join some of us locally to you at the Prescott hill climb event.
Check it out at; http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=43187&highlight=prescott

Zak
06-02-2012, 07:59 PM
I fitted a set of new levers to my Monster at the weekend.......

Welcome to the club, doesn't sound like there's much we can tell you !

Thanks, there's plenty I can take from you guys on here looking at some of the work that's been carried out.

Welcome along Zak, you may like to join some of us locally to you at the Prescott hill climb event.
Check it out at; http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=43187&highlight=prescott

That sounds like a plan, what sort of turn out does ukm get at this event?

Z.

rollo22
06-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Could also come along to the Annual W/E at Arrow mill just the other side of Evesham and enter the Bike Competition.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=43190

Zak
06-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Could also come along to the Annual W/E at Arrow mill just the other side of Evesham and enter the Bike Competition.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=43190

Looks good, I do only want to come to the Saturday, is that possible? What are the bike classes?

I don't suppose that you're the Duncan that I used to know many years ago that had the Red Bull monster?

Z.

rollo22
06-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Sorry Zak a different Duncan.

Unfortunately the Bike comp is on Sunday but your very welcome to come on Saturday.

Zak
06-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Sorry Zak a different Duncan.

Unfortunately the Bike comp is on Sunday but your very welcome to come on Saturday.

Wow a different Duncan from Moreton that also area reps for this site? What's the chance of that?! It was almost 6 or 7 years ago though, just one hell of a coincidence!

I may see if I can change my Saturday pass to a Sunday pass, I best be on top behaviour with the other half!

Thanks for the info.

Z.