PDA

View Full Version : Let's put the 'Sir' in Surtees

Flip
03-02-2012, 12:09 PM
O.K. Petition time again folks...

On my recent read of a Classic bike magazine there was an article about John Surtees, the ONLY man EVER to win World Championships on both two AND four wheels (the latter in a car of his own design) and why there has never been a satisfactory explaination for the continued failure to acknowledge his contribution to motor sport.

Whilst many in the four wheeled fraternity- Sir Stirling Moss, Sir Jackie Stewart, Sir Frank WIlliams....(the list goes on) have all received the Royal tap on the shoulder. Even 'our Nige' has been awarded an OBE and a CBE (and rightly so In my opinion if only for 'that' pass on Senna in Barcelona in 1991....oh and wininng the Formula 1 and Indy Car championships back to back).

There is an outside chance that this can be recified by joining the petition at:
www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/sirjohnsurtees

They need 10,000 signatures to get this off the ground so I'm sure we can add a few from here.

John is 77 now and can often be seen at various motorsport events throughout the year so it would be nice for him to (hopefully) have a few years to enjoy a well deserved accolade.

johnsy
03-02-2012, 06:07 PM
signed & link put on fb

Scott1
03-02-2012, 06:29 PM
Nice idea, gladly signed.

woody71
04-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Signed and also posted on FB. John Surtees is a living legend. Fact.