PDA

View Full Version : Retro Speedo ?

markystar
01-02-2012, 07:32 PM
Aye up

Any ideas on a single retro speedo (not bothered about tacho ) for my M600 . I have seen the Acewell ones but have heard the fuel gauges are a bit tetchy ..any others out there worth looking at ?

Saint aka ML
01-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Try koso this is their classic range. Fuel light will be an issue as monster has simple on/off not resistance.

http://kosoeurope.com/shop/index.php?cat=c28_classic-instruments.html&XTCsid=32f7cdcb1aa0bc45c919415b9f31dd73

Pomp1
01-02-2012, 07:53 PM
On acewell oil pressure, side stand and fuel they need to be wired separatedly, as I suspect with any other aftermarket. I think they're positive earth or something.

Nickj
01-02-2012, 08:02 PM
On acewell oil pressure, side stand and fuel they need to be wired separatedly, as I suspect with any other aftermarket. I think they're positive earth or something.

There's problems associated with having a common earth, found that with my vapour unit. Well the LEDs that is.
The tacho gets a bit shredded by the way the mosters (certainly the older ones) ?? pulse width changes ?? as the revs go up past 4000 ish

Saint aka ML
01-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Yes you have to reverse all switches. If I recall all Ducati switches switch earth on/off but most aftermarket dashes have common earth as mentioned and switch 12V. Oil is simple so is neutral. Petrol still does not work on my one is it is resistance type. To fix it you need:
A) New sensor like one fitted to for example 848.
B) I was told you can also do a small circuit that will send correct resistance when activated by stock fuel switch. However that will not fully work. Your fuel level will be 100% full and suddenly will be on reserve flashing.
C) Just fit a orange led for example in to key surrounding and wire it to fuel sensor.

Tacho was a bitch but we have found that setting it on single engine mode works. If you set it as per manual 2V setup it jumps 1.5k rpm when idle or engine braking but works fine under load.

Finally most dashes have left/right indicator led on dash while older Ducati only has one indicator light that flashes for left or right indicator. That needs rewiring.

Finally most do not have charge light but do have EOBD light that I used as charge warning.

markystar
02-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Thanks for your replies peeps

fireman sam
02-02-2012, 05:14 PM
Try www.digital-speedos.co.uk seen them at stafford and they were nice people to deal with and have a few options on drive pick ups