PDA

View Full Version : Different Monsters ....

He11cat
31-01-2012, 02:59 AM
I was just curious ...
Now if I was to ask what is your fav colour combo for any of the monsters old and new you like I am pretty sure the big fav id Res / red with white stripe.

To most of us all monsters are fab looking bikes but has there been any colour combo's you thought not for me...

I will be brutal sorry I am not really a red person (not on cars at all) but on a monster a nice deep red looks good and works.

My least fav combo is for the Monster City with those brief case thingmys.... the colour scheme does not float my boat much.

This is not an old Monster VS New monster either just colours / editions that Ducati have released. Also Not custom paint jobs.... (not because I am scared mine will be slated as I except its a real marmite bike! ).

So as I said the one I think hmmmmmm at is The Monster City edition.

Just curious thats all......

Phatty
31-01-2012, 04:11 AM
Can't stand yellow or red. For some reason I hate the dark blue with white wheels too. Just looks wrong havin a dark blue frame.

Love the red framed ones, especialy in satin grey. Always fancied an S4RS with a white tank, until I saw one and found it was pearl, urgh!!

Love the black with orange but only seen it on an S2R (pants).

So I think I'll stick with good old Senna grey, or carbon fibre everything.

the_adam
31-01-2012, 08:33 AM
I really liked the black with yellow frame they did on one of the older bikes (possibly 600?). Think that would have looked good on the SF too...Has to be mostly black for me anyway, I know a lot of people like the look of them but I'd only pay money for a (completely) red Monster if I knew it was going to be resprayed before using it :chuckle:

He11cat
31-01-2012, 08:49 AM
Thats my fav one as well... apart from shiny one.

I love the black and yellow one
I also saw a tangerine orange one with black stripe it was a long time ago would that have been SR2?
I have a real liking for orange and yellow paired with black.

I am not huge on green but the Matrix Monster looks nice.

Thirdway
31-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Ducati Red. Don't like any other colour, and of course it is well known for being the fastest :D

cairojay
31-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Tricolore! Gold frame and wheels sets it off beautifully...Tastefully Italian.

Funkatronic
31-01-2012, 10:57 AM
red works well lets face it

i like black with tang stripe v much (but then i would wouldnt I)

s4rs black/silver v nice

predominately yellow and orange bikes look great in the sunshine so almost anywhere but the UK they look good. here they often look naff imho

i really dislike the S4RT with red frame, red writing and grey tank. it looks really cheap

Scott1
31-01-2012, 11:03 AM
Blue S4R with white wheels

The IOM 78 body kit on the new Monster looks very cool

Any old style Dark Monsters, they look cool and a bit brutal at the same time, I see Rossi's Sepang test bike is also kind of Dark, looks amazing IMO with the titanium tank. http://www.motogp.com/en/photos/latest+photos/#Valentino-Rossi-Ducati-Team---Sepang-Test-531249

simon_g
31-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Love the black/orange monsters. Have seen an orange "color therapy" kit for the new-shapes that looks great on black-framed ones. The deep metallic blue that you see on some old-shapes is fantastic too.

There were some gopping colours/schemes offered for the new-shape ones but Ducati's site only seems to have the ones that are any good (and presumably, actually sold).

Char
31-01-2012, 11:56 AM
:bunny:Black and purple

uksurfer
31-01-2012, 11:57 AM
The IOM 78 body kit on the new Monster looks very cool
]

+1

Using up letters here

Haynee
31-01-2012, 05:28 PM
Leaving aside the latest , any of the older Dark models seem to have aged well and gotten meaner looking with time, the red doesn't seem to age as well, but the red with white stripe is timeless.

revver
31-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Not to fussed as long as it looks good and tastful.

Yorkie
31-01-2012, 06:33 PM
I always wanted to have a faired Ducati with the tank and body work black and the frame and wheels day-glow yellow (Just like a highlighter).

Now I have a SS in bits I am so tempted, but I've not decided yet!

Yorkie

yellowfever
31-01-2012, 07:58 PM
yellow and black (obviously ;) and at the opposite end of the spectrum, have to say the grey is growing on me...

Mand
31-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Yellow with a silver frame.... Biased? You bet :mand:

Rally
31-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Pearlecent white with a red frame, a timeless classic in the making!

Funkatronic
01-02-2012, 05:07 PM
yep like the IOM TT '78 new monster kit too

Pearlecent white with a red frame, a timeless classic in the making!

and that :-)

Dukedesmo
01-02-2012, 07:45 PM
As mine is a 'project' (made from bits) and I'm painting it anyway I had considered various paintschemes and did originally think red but I fancied a change (already got a red Ducati).
Toyed with the idea of silver but then I got hold of a new black metallic tank that made my mind up.

So it's going to be black; black (metallic) tank, black frame, black wheels, with all the 'bodywork' in carbon fibre and high-level carbon Termis.

Here's a pic as it stands at the moment, frame still needs painting, will be doing that when I rebuild the engine (got a bag on it's head at the moment due to waiting for cylinder heads) and those are not the wheels (or shock) that I'll be using but I've fitted them because they've got tyres on to give me a rolling chassis, the only variation from the black that I'm considering is painting the suspension hoop in yellow to match the spring.

http://www.ducati.ms/gallery/files/9/3/7/0/img_0749a.jpg

Mark Taylor
01-02-2012, 08:15 PM
As mine is a 'project' (made from bits) and I'm painting it anyway I had considered various paintschemes and did originally think red but I fancied a change (already got a red Ducati).
Toyed with the idea of silver but then I got hold of a new black metallic tank that made my mind up.

So it's going to be black; black (metallic) tank, black frame, black wheels, with all the 'bodywork' in carbon fibre and high-level carbon Termis.

Here's a pic as it stands at the moment, frame still needs painting, will be doing that when I rebuild the engine (got a bag on it's head at the moment due to waiting for cylinder heads) and those are not the wheels (or shock) that I'll be using but I've fitted them because they've got tyres on to give me a rolling chassis, the only variation from the black that I'm considering is painting the suspension hoop in yellow to match the spring.

Hi Tim, looking tidy (and expensive) mate, could be a bit of a 'stealth' bike look being all in sinister black, if it's half as good as your 916 it'll be mint:thumbsup:

Dukedesmo
01-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Hi Tim, looking tidy (and expensive) mate, could be a bit of a 'stealth' bike look being all in sinister black, if it's half as good as your 916 it'll be mint:thumbsup:

Thanks Mark, many of the expensive bits are still in boxes though :o

Hoping it'll be good and hoping it'll be soon, I plan to crack on with it once I've got my heads back and, all being well, get it on the road by the summer... :thumbsup:

He11cat
01-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Glitery stealth :) the best kind! Looking very good!

Spareparts
01-02-2012, 08:37 PM

Erm, sounds a bit like one that was done earlier ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/Ducati/KYO_0383.jpg

Dukedesmo
01-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Glitery stealth :) the best kind! Looking very good!

Yes dark & shiny, although I'm hoping it won't sound too 'stealthy'... ;)

Dukedesmo
01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Erm, sounds a bit like one that was done earlier ;)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v89/adrienong/Ducati/KYO_0383.jpg

Nice one... :thumbsup:

Yorkie
02-02-2012, 05:50 PM
Looks like that one has a bit of a water problem ..... not a real Monster!

Yorkie

He11cat
02-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Lochness monster :)

Lochy
02-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Lochness monster :)

someone call me? :D

Lochy
02-02-2012, 07:35 PM
and yes.....black and shiney are the best :)

He11cat
02-02-2012, 09:16 PM
My that must have been a really long swim down south then up the Thames :)

manwithredbike
02-02-2012, 11:46 PM
traditionalist i know but, ducati red on gold frame for me.

v. nice Tim. keep it as close as you can to the pic. i know you probably need to fit bulky stuff like barrels and cylinder heads but keep it as bear as poss.
btw, just put the oil and petrol in tonight after my top end rebuild. ready to 'push the button' tomorrow. fingers crossed. will let you know how your cams and rocker fair.

d8mok
03-02-2012, 07:26 AM
Another vote for red frame and pearl white bodywork.

I also like titianium colour frame and black panels too for the stealth look