PDA

View Full Version : London traffic.

Saint aka ML
30-01-2012, 07:46 PM
So I noticed there is plenty more traffic in London since last 2 - 3 months. In fact so bad that I managed to get held up on Sunday out of all days.

Any idea why?

Saying that there is much, much, much more police patrolling the streets and stopping stupid drivers/riders for all manner of wrong doing including, and that is new to see for me, amber lights, speeding, turning without indicating.

Is it me or are they on a mission to A) Make people obey the law or B) Earn revenue?

They even stopped me for ridding without speedo (did not know you cannot) but were nice enough to let me go.
At the same time many speed cameras that I tripped number of times for fun going the opposite way (my SS looks different now after accident so I can again) are off. No matter what I do no flashing from them.

jerry
30-01-2012, 08:35 PM
Its the olympics !!!!!!!and it will get worse

Nickj
30-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Is it me or are they on a mission to A) Make people obey the law or B) Earn revenue?

Being a bit of a cynic I'd be thinking that it's only a few short months to the end of the financial year, hitting motorists nets a lot of easy 'solved' crimes.
Also generates revenue..

But we know that no one would work to quotas or targets in any enforcement field don't we ??

Then Jerry might be right about the run up to the limp-pigs making it all worse than usual

He11cat
30-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Phew for a moment I thought he said he got stopped for riding without his speedo's !!!!
Good grief!!

Its pretty much the same everywhere now the same here ..... gridlock in the mornings....
Too many traffic lights,
We have had a lot of speed traps in town in rush hour.

The olympics will make things worse .... its a right cock up as it is with how much they have overspent.

Nickj
31-01-2012, 12:19 PM
[QUOTE=He11cat;417250]Phew for a moment I thought he said he got stopped for riding without his speedo's !!!!
[QUOTE]

He did, probably just a random finding though. As long as you have a clock there even if it doesn't work no one will query it.

utopia
31-01-2012, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=He11cat;417250]Phew for a moment I thought he said he got stopped for riding without his speedo's !!!!
[QUOTE]

He did, probably just a random finding though. As long as you have a clock there even if it doesn't work no one will query it.

Ah "clock"......I misread that the first time around.

He11cat
31-01-2012, 02:26 PM
" oooh young man!". I tell you what I reckon your going to feel like you have taken part in the Olympics by the time you struggle to work!
You just know it's going to end up like a Carry on film with lots of cock ups!

Kato
31-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Its the olympics !!!!!!!and it will get worse

Ahh yes the next in a long line of white elephants, I for one am getting far away from the UK during the bloody olympic's

Capo
31-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Ahh yes the next in a long line of white elephants, I for one am getting far away from the UK during the bloody olympic's

And my telly is going in the shed for the duration.

Davidg1230
01-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Traffic has got worse from last year when they abolished the western congestion zone.

Before that it was notciably quieter but steadili over the year it's got worse again. Best time to ride/commute in London is during August when most peeps are on holiday. This time of year is the busiest, eveyone at work and nothing to distract them.

Monday morning journeys are a nightmare as no one is awake and concentrating on their driving.