PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Carole Nash MCN show at Londons ExCel next weekend?

Rally
29-01-2012, 06:38 PM
The show is on from Thursday 2nd to Sunday 5th. Is anyone else going and if so on what day? Maybe we could meet up at some point?

Rally - Saturday

Altaian
29-01-2012, 06:53 PM
The show is on from Thursday 2nd to Sunday 5th. Is anyone else going and if so on what day? Maybe we could meet up at some point?

Thursday 2nd:

Friday 3rd:

Saturday 4th:
Rally
Altaian - Thinking train & Fatboy's for lunch, as it's 1st Sat in Feb & under 2 miles away.

Sunday 5th:

Grumpy
29-01-2012, 07:04 PM
I'm going on sunday.
Any one interested in going on sunday, can I suggest we meet at the Ducati stand, at about 11.

gary tompkins
29-01-2012, 08:43 PM
Sorry Rally - can't be arsed

Musty
29-01-2012, 08:51 PM
Friday or Saturday for me, I'll know later in the week.

bex
29-01-2012, 09:03 PM
Thursday 2nd:

Friday 3rd:

Saturday 4th:
Rally
Altaian - Thinking train & Fatboy's for lunch, as it's 1st Sat in Feb & under 2 miles away.
Bex (most likely, though Sunday maybe)

Sunday 5th:
Grumpy

Musty
29-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Thursday 2nd:

Friday 3rd:

Saturday 4th:
Rally
Musty

Sunday 5th:
Grumpy

Capo
29-01-2012, 10:11 PM
Milan spoiled me, in comparison, UK shows are not far removed from a car boot sale.

uksurfer
30-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Thursday 2nd:

Friday 3rd:

Saturday 4th:
Rally
Musty

Sunday 5th:
Grumpy
uksurfer - if i can be arsed - and might take the car for boot reasons :-) and depending how crap my week is, and whether it snows or not?

Char
30-01-2012, 10:31 AM
Thursday 2nd:

uksurfer - if i can be arsed - and might take the car for boot reasons :-) and depending how crap my week is, and whether it snows or not?

Well its that or drilling.....

Thursday 2nd:

Friday 3rd:

Saturday 4th:
Rally
Musty

Sunday 5th:
Grumpy
Char - will an SF fit in the boot?

gary tompkins
30-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Milan spoiled me, in comparison, UK shows are not far removed from a car boot sale.

I'm with you on that one Stuart - see post #4

Last time I went to the Excel show we had seen everything on offer in under 2 hours, and got ripped off at the turnstiles for the privilege

uksurfer
30-01-2012, 02:15 PM
I'm with you on that one Stuart - see post #4

Last time I went to the Excel show we had seen everything on offer in under 2 hours, and got ripped off at the turnstiles for the privalidge

i haven't been for ages, last time i went i think the limehouse tunnel had just opened...

besides, for those of us not fortunate to fly to milan i think it might be a good day out :thumbsup:

gary tompkins
30-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Car parking prices were a total rip off as well :grump:

i haven't been for ages, last time i went i think the limehouse tunnel had just opened...

besides, for those of us not fortunate to fly to milan i think it might be a good day out :thumbsup:

Are you sure?

The Limehouse link opened in 1993 - but Excel didn't open it's doors until November 2000. First MCN show wasn't until 2008 although Carole Nash did run a couple of events in 2004/05. The CN Excel shows stick in my memory as I helped to run a NABD stall at both of them. Maybe you are thinking of some other London MC show?

bex
30-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Oh you miserable lot. Its a chance to meet up, have a nosy at some bikes and some bits and see some mates.

So, anyone else? :biggrin:

uksurfer
30-01-2012, 03:58 PM
Are you sure?

it was at docklands, but it wasnt called excel, and i lived in Wycombe then, and i rode up so it would have to be pre 2000 as i moved just before the millenium?

was it called arena or something then?

just realised they knocked it down.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Arena

Lucky i found out as i would be going to the wrong place :-)

Char
30-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Ahh yes I remember it well in Olympia if my memory serves me right ......

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Char66/1910-olympia-motorcycle-show-793x570.jpg

uksurfer
30-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Ahh yes I remember it well in Olympia if my memory serves me right ......

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/Char66/1910-olympia-motorcycle-show-793x570.jpg

i think my grandad went before he got called up

buzzbomb
30-01-2012, 07:46 PM
There's nowt wrong with local bike shows, first off it gets you out and able to meet up with friends, it also hopefully lets you view the latest models (bikes) and accessories etc.
Myself and others realise that it may not be on the grand scale of Milan but you can still have a grand day out...:gromit:

Rally
30-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Well said 'Im up Norf!' :thumbsup:

uksurfer
30-01-2012, 08:19 PM
and i can touch and feel bling ....... :thumbsup:

Funkatronic
30-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Thursday 2nd:

Friday 3rd:
Funkatronic

Saturday 4th:
Rally
Musty

Sunday 5th:
Grumpy

neilo
30-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Even though I am a regular visitor to bike shows, I tend to find UK bike shows a general disappointment. The main stands are great (hats off to Ducati and all the big manufacturers who make an effort, bar Honda who can be a bit arrogant and put their new bikes on stands away from the public(!!)), but I always find that there are far too many small stalls selling cheap common rubbish that nobody wants. These only serve to lower the image of the entire show... Don't get me wrong, I have utmost respect for small companies that sell relatively inexpensive, but quality, items.

Usually, the only reason I go for shows is to meet up with forum members and other biking buddies... As you say, it can be a nice day out with friends, but if not for that, I'd rather just go for a ride on my own...

Can't make this one I'm afraid...

chris yeatman
31-01-2012, 06:14 AM
Oh you miserable lot. Its a chance to meet up, have a nosy at some bikes and some bits and see some mates.

So, anyone else? :biggrin:

well said bex............................................... ....im not going tho..................... :grump:

Stafford
31-01-2012, 06:31 AM
There's nowt wrong with local bike shows, first off it gets you out and able to meet up with friends, it also hopefully lets you view the latest models (bikes) and accessories etc.
Myself and others realise that it may not be on the grand scale of Milan but you can still have a grand day out...:gromit:

Except it's not local Geoff or I'd pop on the DLR for a look around, after fuel, parking and the entrance ticket you'd need to see some pretty special stuff to make it worthy. It's just not Milan:( Anyhow I did my shopping at On Yer Bike last week. :mand:

buzzbomb
31-01-2012, 07:58 AM
Stafford are we being picky or what...:twak:

When I said local I meant that theres afew small shows around the country throughout the year that are local to those living in the area and god bless those who attend them.

Some times at this time of year its just nice to get out and meet up with friends, look at some bikes and seek out more bling...;);)

Not every one can either afford money or time to jet off to the BIG shows so lets be thankful that there are the local shows so that we can indulge in our passion in these uncertain times...:thumbsup:

uksurfer
31-01-2012, 07:58 AM
I can't believe how much negativity is around this?

A bit like Christmas - love it or hate it :)

Well said Geoff

Stafford
31-01-2012, 09:07 AM
Thanks for clarifying what you actually meant Geoff, I'll be attending a local show in a couple of weeks. I'm also trying to organise a local stand for the club in my local town so your points are not lost on me.
Big shows are a bit like big rock concerts, if you don't have a good seat you end up watching via the screens at the side. Hence I prefer smaller, local gigs and bike shows where you can really see and touch and enjoy the whole experience more.
So I also say well said Geoff, support your local events.

boris
31-01-2012, 10:00 AM
What are they? Me and the good lady will be making the trek and coming down for the day on Friday. Even if it's not 'worth it' I'm sure well have a good day out. Got to be honest though, my feet won't be steering me towards the most obvious place..

Rally
31-01-2012, 10:06 AM
I can't believe how much negativity is around this?

Well said Geoff

I agree as well on the point that it is a social event as much as a show and for those that wish to go, good on you. For those that don't, it would be best to keep the negative views to yourselves. IMHO

There is a plus point for those of us attending, it will give us more room to view and less queueing at the bar! :thumbsup:

These sorts of shows will disappear if we don't support them, especially in these times we are encountering. With people like George White disappearing, it is evident how hard times are in the industry. If they do disappear, the people that cannot afford to fly to other Countries will be left with no where to go. The start of the end of motorcycling as we know it..............

Char
31-01-2012, 10:33 AM
I've signed Martin up already

New for 2012! Bike presents MotoGymkhana
Bike’s presence at the London Motorcycle Show has grown hugely for 2012 with an exciting – and rather massive – area dedicated to riding slowly as fast as you can. Their bringing MotoGymkhana, the riding agility competition that’s huge in Japan, to ExCel, so you can meet the Bike team, and take part in MotoGymkhana, all included in the price of show entry. As well as providing all the kit, you can use ‘their’ bikes. They’ve tied up with electric bike manufacturer Quantya so you can ride their electric-powered motorcycles around the MotoGymkhana course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9twUAi1Q4o0&feature=player_embedded

neilo
31-01-2012, 11:01 AM
I agree as well on the point that it is a social event as much as a show and for those that wish to go, good on you. For those that don't, it would be best to keep the negative views to yourselves. IMHO

Fair enough Rally. Apologies for posting a 'general' downer on UK shows on this thread. I should have kept my (humble) opinion for a thread about the state of UK shows instead.

Still, I would have come to this show (if it was closer) to meet-up with you guys - it would have been good to put faces to names.

Have a good time.

simon_g
31-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Even though I am a regular visitor to bike shows, I tend to find UK bike shows a general disappointment. The main stands are great (hats off to Ducati and all the big manufacturers who make an effort, bar Honda who can be a bit arrogant and put their new bikes on stands away from the public(!!)), but I always find that there are far too many small stalls selling cheap common rubbish that nobody wants. These only serve to lower the image of the entire show... Don't get me wrong, I have utmost respect for small companies that sell relatively inexpensive, but quality, items.

Plenty of those at the NEC, although easy enough to walk past to the more interesting stuff. You get the same at all kinds of shows - the scuba diving and cycling ones I go to at least.

Unlikely to make this unless I'm really at a loose end, looking forward to the Classic & Custom show at Ally Pally in Feb, not least because it's an easy stroll from home!

Musty
31-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Bloody hell guys!

Regardless of what it is, you are surrounding yourself with something you are passionate about. It might not have the glamour of other european shows, but you can spend an afternoon out of the house, see some nice bikes, maybe grab a bargain and enjoy what you love with others who share your love.

And the bonus? You get to have a catch up with some of the other members and I've yet to meet any of you, so that would be nice.

Less negativity please!! ;)

Liz
31-01-2012, 08:25 PM
fo·rum (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr, fr)
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

Capo
31-01-2012, 08:26 PM

There is a plus point for those of us attending, it will give us more room to view and less queueing at the bar! :thumbsup:

These sorts of shows will disappear if we don't support them, especially in these times we are encountering. With people like George White disappearing, it is evident how hard times are in the industry. If they do disappear, the people that cannot afford to fly to other Countries will be left with no where to go. The start of the end of motorcycling as we know it..............

People are entitled to their views except in China I understand.

Perhaps a new thread Who is NOT going to the ExCel show is required.

bex
31-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Anyway, what time are those going on Saturday intending to be around? I'll probably head over for 11-12ish.

Musty
31-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Humbug... :freak:

bex
31-01-2012, 08:32 PM
Is that italian for 'yes see you there at 11?"

Musty
31-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Is that italian for 'yes see you there at 11?"

Sorry, you posted before I submitted that!

Yes, see you there at 11

Liz
31-01-2012, 08:36 PM
people are entitled to their views except in china i understand.
Perhaps a new thread who is not going to the excel show is required.

lol..............!

Mand
31-01-2012, 08:38 PM
They had a ride there one year that lifted the bike up on its front wheel and you could pose whilst your friends borrowed your camera/phone and snapped away at you pretending to be a riding god/goddess..

bex
31-01-2012, 08:43 PM
See, whats not to like! :chuckle:

uksurfer
31-01-2012, 08:43 PM
ill be there sunday, so meet at Ducati Stand at 11

and if your not going - S T F up :mand:

Sleep Well :chuckle:

rollo22
31-01-2012, 08:44 PM
Friday 3rd:
Funkatronic

Saturday 4th:
Rally
Musty

Sunday 5th:
Grumpy
Rollo, Jo, +1

Mand
31-01-2012, 08:48 PM
See, whats not to like! :chuckle:

Glad I can be of assistance! You can always buy an overpriced bottle of water and a sh1t sandwich but I'm sending you all positive vibes :chuckle:

Musty
31-01-2012, 08:50 PM
and if your not going - S T F up :mand:

Bahahahaha!

If its got bikes... I'm there!

bex
31-01-2012, 08:50 PM
You can always buy an overpriced bottle of water and a sh1t sandwich

Thats about all I can afford, but I'm still going.

INNIT!

Mand
31-01-2012, 08:55 PM
And so you should bex... Now go and track down that ride, your life will never the same :):)

I love a bike show, shame I couldnt make the Manchester show, boo hiss

Liz
31-01-2012, 09:00 PM
and if your not going - S T F up

That's nice Martin!

uksurfer
31-01-2012, 09:06 PM
That's nice Martin!

maybe, some of us werent able to go to the exotic week long bike shows, so we have to make do with the cheaper alternative....

besides, you never know how good it is till you get there :D

Rally
31-01-2012, 09:34 PM
People are entitled to their views except in China I understand.

That's nice Martin!

Well, he was just voiceing his opinion after all! ;)

Char
31-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Courtesy of the Urban Dictionary

F O R U M

Best described as a torrent of little children running around in a minefield (users), some armed with weapons (moderators), forums are the flagship of internet discussion, spam, and flame wars.
Smaller forums tend to be more habitable, but the larger ones have many distinct and similar features. For example, within approximately seven seconds of the creation of a topic, you will have at least one reply. Large forums also tend to spawn makeshift caste systems within themselves, and you're automatically a malefactor in the forum until you have a 4-digit post count.
A forum can sometimes be helpful, but normally they become a time consuming and frustrating thing if you pay too much attention to to them

A web discussion vehicle for people too stupid to be listened to anywhere else.

A much needed distraction where vocal idiots can spend their time not participating in the real decision making of the world.

Antonym: reliable information source
"When he's not watching Sailor Moon cartoons, John spends his time refuting the Theory of Relativity in the Easychair Experts forum."

Rally
31-01-2012, 10:08 PM
Courtesy of the Urban Dictionary

F O R U M

Best described as a torrent of little children running around in a minefield (users), some armed with weapons (moderators), forums are the flagship of internet discussion, spam, and flame wars.
Smaller forums tend to be more habitable, but the larger ones have many distinct and similar features. For example, within approximately seven seconds of the creation of a topic, you will have at least one reply. Large forums also tend to spawn makeshift caste systems within themselves, and you're automatically a malefactor in the forum until you have a 4-digit post count.
A forum can sometimes be helpful, but normally they become a time consuming and frustrating thing if you pay too much attention to to them

A web discussion vehicle for people too stupid to be listened to anywhere else.

A much needed distraction where vocal idiots can spend their time not participating in the real decision making of the world.

Antonym: reliable information source
"When he's not watching Sailor Moon cartoons, John spends his time refuting the Theory of Relativity in the Easychair Experts forum."

Excellent one! :mand::mand:

neilo
31-01-2012, 10:29 PM
So, never having been to the London show...is it as big as the Birmingham show?

He11cat
31-01-2012, 11:44 PM
No not as big.........

Some of us can't make the M place that should never be mentioned .... some of us on here work for the Education dept lol.... ;)

Liz
01-02-2012, 10:34 AM
maybe, some of us werent able to go to the exotic week long bike shows

Err, me neither!

Lochy
01-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Friday 3rd:
Funkatronic

Saturday 4th:
Rally
Musty
Lochy

Sunday 5th:
Grumpy
Rollo, Jo, +1

so where and when on Saturday? as I remember just few faces from Mallory TD last year....

can offer 1 secure and free parking space on Canary wharf if needed.....

bex
01-02-2012, 02:40 PM
Doh.

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Hutchinson-taken-to-hospital-with-suspected-broken-leg&newsid=6302

Small Clanger
01-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Doh.

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=Hutchinson-taken-to-hospital-with-suspected-broken-leg&newsid=6302

Was Guy Martin anywhere nearby at the time?

bex
01-02-2012, 10:34 PM
11am Ducati Stand

Small Clanger
02-02-2012, 05:41 AM
They seem to be giving each other some stick in interveiws and on Twitter. :twak:

Lochy
02-02-2012, 12:53 PM
11am Ducati Stand

See you there then:)

BigOz
02-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Just been to the show, the 1199 is tiny for a 6 foot rider but the SF 848 is soo tempting. Have a look behind the RHS faring on the 1199 and the ABS pump is there sticking out almost the the faring, I bet it can get buggered in a crash.

Good deals on BKS leathers and a few bits and pieces. I also spoke to the guys at Austin Racing and if a few are interested they will add Monster cans to their range. They just did 1198/848 and Diavel.

neilo
02-02-2012, 04:13 PM
The Panigale comes with ABS?!! I didn't know that. Now I want one!

BigOz
02-02-2012, 05:22 PM
It looked like the latest generation Bosch pump/control The Panigale comes with ABS?!! I didn't know that. Now I want one!

There is soo much mounted to the engine and with no separate cylinders (appeared to be integral to the block) it must take a while to machine it.

Pomp1
03-02-2012, 06:34 AM
Snow forecast for saturday night folks..

Rally
03-02-2012, 07:04 AM

Do they sell sledges there as well then? This could be fun. As long as it's not that type of snow that stops the trains. :rolleyes:

gary tompkins
03-02-2012, 09:23 AM

I think more is expected on sunday - some are predicting 3 to 4"

uksurfer
03-02-2012, 10:42 AM
lets hope it doesnt spoil my day, looking forward to the show :)

He11cat
03-02-2012, 12:55 PM
Where is snow hitting us?? Apart from Londinium?
Bet my work won't have a snow day :(

ladybird
03-02-2012, 02:00 PM
I have the joys of a parental visit this weekend so won't be able to go. However I also have the joys of the travel show at Earls court on Saturday.

I hope the snow doesn't enforce a longer visit than planned :/

He11cat
03-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Well at least you'd have a comfy stay there!
Pinch some sunloungers and mocktails from some stands and enjoy:)
put "club Tropicana " on sorted :)

Lochy
04-02-2012, 04:28 PM
sorry guys, I was 40min late.....and did not see any suspicious group:D so next time.....

gary tompkins
04-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Where is snow hitting us?? Apart from Londinium?
Bet my work won't have a snow day :(

I've just spoken to my dad on the phone in Melksham. He said it's been snowing there since about 1pm and they have 2" laying so far. It's still snowing in Wiltshire now and supposed to be heading Eastwards tonight. The snow predicted Sunday is going to hit us from the opposite direction, heading East to West and will drop a further 2-3" in some areas.

bex
04-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Just got home and the kettle is on, snow is certainly falling now!

Had a great day, good banter and lots of fun as usual. Lochy, sorry we missed you, in hindsight we should have swapped numbers... I had a look around for others but I didn't know who I was looking for lol.

Rally, Musty, Mel, Giles and Leo... thanks for a great afternoon. Good job Rally on the Gymkhana again.

That 1199 Panigale is a tasty machine, so small too, delicious.

A few unneccessary purchases of back/chest protection and some Kriega but hey, that was bike shows are for right!

Capo
04-02-2012, 07:22 PM
I didn't snow in Milan :mand:

bex
04-02-2012, 07:30 PM
No, but I bet John McGuiness weren't there neither, and I'd much prefer to see a local hero than load of Italian stick insects with fake boobs posing on every bike I look at :biggrin:

Each to their own my friend!

Musty
04-02-2012, 08:00 PM
Indeed a good day out!

Nice to meet some of you, Rally, Mel, Giles and Leo... Bex, I already knew, but lovely to see you as always... :p

Great bunch of people. If anything, it was worth going to the show just to meet you guys. Probably spent more money than I should of, but a bit of retail therapy never harms anyone. Black bracelet anyone?? :D

I also went to the Milan show and although it didnt snow, it was freezing and full of arrogant Italians... and I'm allowed to say that because I am one.

buzzbomb
04-02-2012, 08:06 PM
No, but I bet John McGuiness weren't there neither, and I'd much prefer to see a local hero than load of Italian stick insects with fake boobs posing on every bike I look at :biggrin:

Each to their own my friend!

and we had Guy Martin at the Manchester Show on the saturday along with Hutch...:flag:

just ask Albie...:rolleyes:

I know he got something rather special...:cens:...;);)

Mand
04-02-2012, 08:07 PM
Even if you weren't Italian, you can still say it.... I would.

John Mcguinness, now that's pretty ace!

bex
04-02-2012, 08:07 PM
I wish Guy Martin would give me something special :chuckle:

buzzbomb
04-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Well Bex you never asked...:shocked:

He11cat
04-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Was Guy Martin giving away his sideburns?

Nice to see you today :)

plus as always I like to go giggle at the Victory stand :)

I was extra pleased as found my fav bike
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/29c5dfbc.jpg

tucked away ..
I hope you all got home safe and frost free :)

Rally
04-02-2012, 11:52 PM
A great day with lots to laugh about. Black bracelets are a special touch for the special crew!

I even set the 3rd fastest time of the show on the gymkana electric bike run, 2.6 seconds down on the fastest, so I was well pleased. Thanks for the video Bex, I must try to post it up somehow? :D

He11cat
05-02-2012, 12:37 AM
I stupidly did not realise it was an electric bike for a few seconds.
Thought my that's quiet!! Then twigged.
If that's the future they can keep it :)

Rally
05-02-2012, 07:04 AM
The most off putting thing wasn't the lack of noise, it was the lack of back brake pedal! It was on the handlebars like a pushbike. I still tried to use the one that wasn't there all the time though. :D

gary tompkins
05-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Any photo's ?

Musty
05-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Weeeeeeeeeee...

http://i40.tinypic.com/209jzwj.jpg

Sorry for the kak quality, taken on an iPhone.

Rally
05-02-2012, 01:02 PM
Any photo's ?

Try this if it works Gary. Click on it to get the video.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/th_ExCelGymkana.jpg (http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/?action=view&current=ExCelGymkana.mp4)

neilo
05-02-2012, 01:35 PM
The turning circle on that thing looks grim...

Nice riding by the way Rally...

Char
05-02-2012, 07:04 PM
Good show and a great day out - thank you snow - it was really quiet and got to sit on a lot of bikes - the 848SF more than 4 times :spin:

Made a change to be able to chat to the stall holders to - though I guess being quiet not best for their business

uksurfer
05-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Good to see Duncan & Jo, looked for Grumpy but was no where to be found?

i had a cracking day, the Revoloution show was good, and even found a bike to replace the R1

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Hampshire%20Meets/839abb93.jpg

buzzbomb
05-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Suits you Sir...:hail:

Blimey Martin have you won the loto...:scratch:

Glad you all had a Grand Day out...:wallace:&::gromit:

bex
05-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Sorry Martin, didn't you see the 'Sold to Miss Johnston' sign hanging on it? I hope you wiped the seat after.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a370/rjbecs/panigale.jpg

uksurfer
05-02-2012, 09:08 PM
GET OFF MY BIKE! :twak:

bex
05-02-2012, 09:16 PM
I was SO there first, sorry dude. You can have the one on the ramp that had the dolly bird sat on it if you like, I've not got much use for her.

He11cat
05-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Bex licked the bike so like a pile of cupcakes the one you lick you get to keep :)
just don't do that to the metal bits on bikes in this weather .. A&E job like.

gary tompkins
05-02-2012, 11:29 PM
The turning circle on that thing looks grim...

Nice riding by the way Rally...

Top marks mate - are you in training for Arrow Mill this year?

J.P
06-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Very nice looking 1199 with Martin & Bex trying it our for size.
Martin, that looks about the perfect size for you !

Stafford
06-02-2012, 09:48 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d125/Uksurfer/Hampshire%20Meets/839abb93.jpg

Didn't know you were into Mini Moto Martin

Rally
06-02-2012, 10:36 AM
Well actually, I was there 1st so it should be mine!

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/MeonPanegale-Feb2012Small.jpg

Maybe we will have to share it with the Saturday team!

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/yy142/UKMOC-Rally/3EBA3E31.jpg

bex
06-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Sorry Rally, I took that photo of you well after I was on it. Lets all stop bickering and grow up. (and just admit its mine :biggrin:)

:running:

J.P
06-02-2012, 12:40 PM
Is that Alatian(Giles) second from the right ? Did he have too many pies on the way over or something, Or is he keeping a spare tyre under his top ?

Rally
06-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Is that Alatian(Giles) second from the right ? Did he have too many pies on the way over or something, Or is he keeping a spare tyre under his top ?

Yes it is Giles, no comment as to what is under his top though! :biggrin:

Okay Bex, as I have a bad back and couldn't ride it anyway, i'll let you have it. :thumbsup:

uksurfer
06-02-2012, 01:02 PM
whos the guy next to Giles? he needs to eat some of Giles pies, they almost look like brothers

Ps - Panigale is mine....

He11cat
06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Have some of my steroids please... anyone , im not even eating pies and massive now.. should have ordered a FGoldwing to haul my arse about at the mo.

Musty
06-02-2012, 01:17 PM
whos the guy next to Giles? he needs to eat some of Giles pies, they almost look like brothers

Ps - Panigale is mine....

That be me!

I eat plenty pies I do...

bex
06-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Oh so many possible comebacks .

uksurfer
06-02-2012, 01:23 PM

i dont eat pies, there was none left after Giles had lunch

Musty
06-02-2012, 01:26 PM

Example? :)

Giles bought all the pies and put them up his jumper for later in the day.

He11cat
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
I went to the jacket stand and have no idea if you guys ate ....... I heard a rumor of a Birthday cake???

It was not me I may look guilty but I am not :)

Anyway when in London us Londoners born should make you eat Pie and mash and Licquor ... and eels :) its the rule. I didn't see any winkles sorry!

See that bloke in the blue shell suit jacket thing behind the bike ??? He looks shifty.... pie smuggler that one for sure!!!

gary tompkins
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
i dont eat pies, there was none left after Giles had lunch

Martin, I actually thought you looked amazingly svelte in that Panigale pose

However I suspect that...

A/ You were sucking it in

B/ A serious amount of airbrushing has taken place

C/ The photographer was using some kind of special 'anti ugly' lense

D/ All of the above

bex
07-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Well thats just favouritism GT:grump:

He11cat
07-02-2012, 01:15 PM
GT thats the world gurning champion isn't it???????
looks a bit george M on acid! :)....
Where is the horse collar??????

Pie and Mash Gurning, arghhhhhhhh and not forgetting a bit of Chas and Dave!!
Pearly Kings and queens ... sigh.....
Want to go home ...

gary tompkins
07-02-2012, 03:39 PM
I think it's actually this chap minus the mask

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Wo5viUdGEqpz17J2nppJymqwBi9l2 gFRDtQx_hjNiv_HQKsFoDsqCurwww

Well thats just favouritism GT:grump:

I can easily provide some constructive criticism... if your feeling left out

But Martin's shot provided me with far more material to work with