PDA

View Full Version : Download festival

He11cat
29-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Well I actually could be tempted by this years line up!!

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq3/helsinkvampire/bca93f1d.jpg

MonstaChicky
29-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Hahahahaha!

benson
29-01-2012, 11:24 AM
Keith Chegwin!!!!!

He11cat
29-01-2012, 11:26 AM
ABBA featuring Les Dennis has got to be worth it alone!!
Cheggers should be higher up the bill !!

I heard a rumor Dollar may me a last minute surprise!

markystar
29-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Awesome line up ! Chris Quentin will be a festival fav for sure !

benson
29-01-2012, 03:55 PM
I so must go!!!

He11cat
29-01-2012, 03:57 PM
This is for you Benson :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JoGkB2lV718" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

benson
29-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Oh yes indeed - what a star!!!!! I love it - nearly as much as I love chips!!!

He11cat
29-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I kind of hoped there was a disco version :(

Zimbo
30-01-2012, 09:46 AM
It does look good, but the last couple of years I have been going to Belgium instead, Rock Werchter is far better :-) and less expensive too!
So far they've announced Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chillies, Florence and the Machine, Kasabian, Elbow, Garbage, Snow Patrol, and it's early days yet.
Last year we saw All Time Low, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Nick Cave (Grinderman), Iron Maiden and Black Eyed Peas, all on one stage one after the other in one day, for a £70 ticket. They go on till 2 in the morning every day.
I'm off back there again this year :-)
http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/lineup/

He11cat
30-01-2012, 10:48 AM
I Love Nick Cave !!! Best well known bands I've seen live at a festival where Velvet Underground and The kinks..

I hear the Plus Net band may be on the bill yay!!

animaluk
30-01-2012, 10:52 AM
It does look good, but the last couple of years I have been going to Belgium instead, Rock Werchter is far better :-) and less expensive too!
So far they've announced Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chillies, Florence and the Machine, Kasabian, Elbow, Garbage, Snow Patrol, and it's early days yet.
Last year we saw All Time Low, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Nick Cave (Grinderman), Iron Maiden and Black Eyed Peas, all on one stage one after the other in one day, for a £70 ticket. They go on till 2 in the morning every day.
I'm off back there again this year :-)
http://www.rockwerchter.be/en/lineup/

gawd that lot would send me to sleep

He11cat
30-01-2012, 03:34 PM
I would like to point out that nurseboy above has infact made his own video and its on you tube.....

He made it in between sleeps , I heard all about your legendary splashdowns ...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gWOzUzJd6wM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

uksurfer
30-01-2012, 04:01 PM
surely a 'download' festival would involve sitting at home with your pc on?

He11cat
31-01-2012, 02:45 AM
I am sure the effect could be somewhat replicated for a trifle of the cost of a ticket at home.

1. buy a £12.99 pop up tent.
2. buy stupid amounts of beer and other stuff like WKD blue, Aftershock and some stuff that claims to be Absinthe that has lots of e numbers in it. Smuggle it into your front room
3 locate wellies and put on
4. find novelty hat like a jester or something.
5. Do not forget your baby wipes.
6 find a compilation album or albums of the bands at the festival your missing.
7. you will also need a tap , buckets or a wheelbarrow.
6. Buy some Rustlers burgers and a £1 disposable BBQ from poundland.

Part two.....
Go up to the toilet and take away the flush handle or button and throw any toilet rolls out of your bathroom window .

Drink most of the beer and pop up your tent in the living room with a smug face as it took 3.1 seconds to put up

In your best wellies and funny hat don't forget turn on some music loud.
If you are at a metal festival like bloodstock then please pee in some empty bottles and set aside for later.

Go into the garden and pop your garden hose on the tap
Then grab some buckets or better still a wheelbarrow and fill it with Mud and litter.
Now dump this on your living room carpet .

Go back turn hose on and liberally water your front room including your £12.99 tent.

When it resembles Shreks swamp get all your clean clothes and pants and chuck them in the mud and then back into your tent.

Then proceed to roll about in the mud .... if you where intending to go to Glastonbury this is best done naked with just your wellies on. ( feel free to leave your hat on also).

Hunger strikes so try and light your poundland disposable BBQ .. 3 hours later and starving and still no flame try cooking your Rustlers burger with you zippo lighter.
After burning your fingers give up and just eat it cold.

Drink more beer and relax.

Half an hour later you get crippling tummy pains and have to run to the loo where to your horror there is no toilet roll ... and after a raging bout of the trots the flush is broken.
(for extra effect why not add lots of blue food dye to the toilet bowl to give it that Chemical loo effect.

After 3 hours of rushing back and forth to the loo it now really has that festival feel to it and
you may have to practice the hover position over the loo.

Go back to tent to get clean undies to find them all wet and muddy.
Go to grab beer and discover someone has been in your tent and swiped it...

Crawl into tent which feels cold and odd ... you note your ground mat and sleeping bag are floating.... suddenly it dawns on you that your £12.99 tent is infact not waterproof.

At the end of your festival pack up your pop up tent.... 3 hours later of twisting sitting on and kicking you notice that next door your mate and his delux 10 room tent is packed away and your left there playing tent origami.
See there really is no need to pay all that money when you can have your own festival in your living room :)

benson
31-01-2012, 08:00 AM
That really made me smile...

Katie
16-02-2012, 09:48 PM
I am sure the effect could be somewhat replicated for a trifle of the cost of a ticket at home.

1. buy a £12.99 pop up tent.
2. buy stupid amounts of beer and other stuff like WKD blue, Aftershock and some stuff that claims to be Absinthe that has lots of e numbers in it. Smuggle it into your front room
3 locate wellies and put on
4. find novelty hat like a jester or something.
5. Do not forget your baby wipes.
6 find a compilation album or albums of the bands at the festival your missing.
7. you will also need a tap , buckets or a wheelbarrow.
6. Buy some Rustlers burgers and a £1 disposable BBQ from poundland.

Part two.....
Go up to the toilet and take away the flush handle or button and throw any toilet rolls out of your bathroom window .

Drink most of the beer and pop up your tent in the living room with a smug face as it took 3.1 seconds to put up

In your best wellies and funny hat don't forget turn on some music loud.
If you are at a metal festival like bloodstock then please pee in some empty bottles and set aside for later.

Go into the garden and pop your garden hose on the tap
Then grab some buckets or better still a wheelbarrow and fill it with Mud and litter.
Now dump this on your living room carpet .

Go back turn hose on and liberally water your front room including your £12.99 tent.

When it resembles Shreks swamp get all your clean clothes and pants and chuck them in the mud and then back into your tent.

Then proceed to roll about in the mud .... if you where intending to go to Glastonbury this is best done naked with just your wellies on. ( feel free to leave your hat on also).

Hunger strikes so try and light your poundland disposable BBQ .. 3 hours later and starving and still no flame try cooking your Rustlers burger with you zippo lighter.
After burning your fingers give up and just eat it cold.

Drink more beer and relax.

Half an hour later you get crippling tummy pains and have to run to the loo where to your horror there is no toilet roll ... and after a raging bout of the trots the flush is broken.
(for extra effect why not add lots of blue food dye to the toilet bowl to give it that Chemical loo effect.

After 3 hours of rushing back and forth to the loo it now really has that festival feel to it and
you may have to practice the hover position over the loo.

Go back to tent to get clean undies to find them all wet and muddy.
Go to grab beer and discover someone has been in your tent and swiped it...

Crawl into tent which feels cold and odd ... you note your ground mat and sleeping bag are floating.... suddenly it dawns on you that your £12.99 tent is infact not waterproof.

At the end of your festival pack up your pop up tent.... 3 hours later of twisting sitting on and kicking you notice that next door your mate and his delux 10 room tent is packed away and your left there playing tent origami.
See there really is no need to pay all that money when you can have your own festival in your living room :)

Love it, had hubby and I laughing like loons