PDA

View Full Version : Luggage rack for Evo.

mickyvee
28-01-2012, 10:58 PM
:) I intend to tour abroad on my new Evo next summer. I already have the DP panniers and was wondering if anyone made a luggage rack for this bike? I've looked on the Ducati site and they don't do one. I really need one to be able to cart my tent around. Any aftermarket stuff out there?

neilo
29-01-2012, 04:56 AM
Ventura do. Have a look on their site. Some pics on there too.

mickyvee
29-01-2012, 01:53 PM
:scratch: Mmmm..... It looks like I'd have to remove the DP pannier rails in order to fit the Ventura rack. Bugger.

J.P
29-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Ventura is the best solution, expensive but the best..

mickyvee
29-01-2012, 08:34 PM
:cry: Maybe so, but I need the panniers as well! I will find a way! I wonder if I could make the Hypermotard rack fit the Monster? Are the rear subframes that dissimilar? Maybe a trip to my dealers is in order, so I can take a look!

smudgerii
29-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Need panniers as well.... My god how much gear are you taking?

Without a pillion you can get 86 litres

chris yeatman
29-01-2012, 10:00 PM
http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af14/chrisyeatman/13361.jpg

neilo
29-01-2012, 10:06 PM
:cry: Maybe so, but I need the panniers as well! I will find a way! I wonder if I could make the Hypermotard rack fit the Monster? Are the rear subframes that dissimilar? Maybe a trip to my dealers is in order, so I can take a look!
Maybe you bought the wrong bike?!! :-p

A decent sized tailpack should swallow loads of kit, and the Ventura rack will give you a place for your tent too.

mickyvee
30-01-2012, 06:36 PM
:D When I bought the bike, I assumed that there would be a rack of some sort, that would fit. Of the 40 odd bikes I've had, I've always found a rack to fit. This doesn't seem to be the case with the Monster. I like the look of the Ventura kit, but it looks like it uses the same mounting places as the DP pannier rails, which are on the bike now. I want to keep these on. I might end up making a rack out of some stainless pipe I've got lying around. Shouldn't be too dificult! It only needs to be big enough to strap my tent to.