PDA

View Full Version : Monster meeting venue

woody71
28-01-2012, 05:25 AM
It seems that an area rep for Buckinghamshire has disapeared off radar for the mo. Does anyone know where the meeting point for rideouts was ? or indeed was ever there one ??. Can i suggest if no venue is found.... On Yer Bike near Westcott,Aylesbury. It is a Ducati Dealership and usually has a burger van on site (sat/sun) spring thru to autumn. Not sure about the winter times though.
Any thoughts.......?

Mand
28-01-2012, 07:29 AM
Hello from memory, mad hatter was the rep for bucks/beds and it used to be quite an active area. They (as in Stuartg, kevlar kid, fatbloke etc) used to travel far and wide to meet ups with other regions, especially the now disbanded midlanders.

On yer bike at aylesbury used to be used as a meeting point too I believe for some outings but for their regular meet, I'm racking my brains and I cant remember. Sorry.

Hope you get it up and running again :thumbsup:

woody71
28-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Thanks Mand for the info. I don't live to far from either the Oxford or Northampton areas ; so i will keep a lookout on their pages for meets and rideouts.

Ed

benson
28-01-2012, 05:01 PM
I'm in Earls Barton between N'ton and Wellingborough so would be happy to suggest meeting points.

My favourite local places are skins cafe in brackley and Northants V twin - although it's majorly a Harley and Buell place a twin's a twin and Dave likes my hyper and m900 :-) and there's a fine fine tea van there and the banter is grand.

Happy to organise something in the coming months...

Lima071
28-01-2012, 06:01 PM
I am in Bedford and Olivera is 6 miles from me, so that makes 4 of us.

benson
28-01-2012, 06:20 PM
I'm thinking of heading to Skins in Brackley tomorrow lunchtime - just a whim really - maybe have lunch in the red lion or a cake in Costa if anyone fancies joining me :-)

Lima071
28-01-2012, 06:42 PM
They were gritting today while I was working on the ss mate, so I will need to see the weather in the morning.
I shall watch for your post.

benson
28-01-2012, 07:10 PM
If there's no ice or snow I'll be heading off for a gentle bimble... Washed the salt off the bike when I got home from London - cold but heated jackets rule!

Altaian
29-01-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm thinking of heading to Skins in Brackley tomorrow lunchtime - just a whim really - maybe have lunch in the red lion or a cake in Costa if anyone fancies joining me :-)

Cheers for suggestion of Skins Benson, good seeing you & Lima. :thumbsup: Be nice to make the Red Lion next time for lunch. Managed to make 191.5 miles on the way home before the fuel light came on: 7.4 miles from my destined Shell Station. Still had over 2 litres in the tank. :eek: Seems the 'Fighter's getting even more fuel efficient with age... :eyepopping:

Need to warm up now, as the gauge's been on 3° - 5°C all the way. :fiery: The grips/guards are certainly prooving themselves a worthwhile investment. :idea:

Lima071
29-01-2012, 05:41 PM
I do recognise your avatar, nice to meet you both today and I wish I had heated grips, although mine are prettier.
What hand guards have you got fitted?

Altaian
29-01-2012, 05:49 PM
I do recognise your avatar, nice to meet you both today and I wish I had heated grips, although mine are prettier.
What hand guards have you got fitted?

Ducati Performance naturalmente... The :devil: is in the detail :biggrin:

benson
29-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Good to meet you both too - and I'm really impressed with the look of the SF as well as Lima's v pretty grips!!! Coffee and chat, bikes and a ride out - great way to nick off work for a few hours - thanks for the company and here's to the next time...

gary tompkins
29-01-2012, 09:02 PM
It seems that an area rep for Buckinghamshire has disapeared off radar for the mo. Does anyone know where the meeting point for rideouts was ? or indeed was ever there one ??. Can i suggest if no venue is found.... On Yer Bike near Westcott,Aylesbury. It is a Ducati Dealership and usually has a burger van on site (sat/sun) spring thru to autumn. Not sure about the winter times though.
Any thoughts.......?

As Mand pointed out.. Madhatter is or was the area rep for the Bucks/Beds area - but he hasn't logged on since 10-03-2011

I don't think the area will become active for UKMOC unless someone decides to make it happen

Musty
29-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I love the roads out in Bucks, Marlow, Stokenchurch, Chinnor, Thame & Princes Risborough to name a few. I'd be up for meeting some of you from around these parts :)

Martin696
24-06-2013, 12:33 PM
I just bought my bike from On Yer Bike - would be nice to meet some others in the area & go for a ride :)

bex
24-06-2013, 12:52 PM
Us city folk have been known to take a jaunt up to Skins also, so keep us posted.

Martin696
23-07-2013, 03:06 PM
So, anyone around Milton Keynes-ish want to meet up for a ride this coming weekend?

slob
23-07-2013, 04:37 PM
Why not approach On Yer Bike and see if you could host a meeting there, they might even provide some coffee and biscuits if you ask nicely. Good for them and local Monsteristi if you have a regular get together outside their franchise

slob
23-07-2013, 06:07 PM
... and if anyone wants to start 'repping' for Bucks, let me know.

Martin696
26-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Slob, what does 'repping' involve? It sounds like something a South African Eminem would do? I'm no good at rhymes but am happy to arrange stuff for people out this way? Speaking of which...

Who's around tomorrow morning for a blast? I've been given a late pass by the boss as long as I'm back home by 11:30am. Might take a ride out to Aylesbury to see Foggy at On Yer Bike?

slob
29-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Sounds like you need to google "Die Antwoord" (Definitely NSFW!)

Arrange regular meet, collect contact details to make your life easier, if you use some other social media please duplicate the info on here.

Martin696
29-07-2013, 06:17 PM
I've heard of Die Antwoord - someone was telling me they're related to the guy a while ago... Today's piece of useless information brought to you by the letter Q.

Thanks for the info Slob, I'll see what I can do to help arrange some get-togethers and ride outs :) Got a couple of contacts already :)