PDA

View Full Version : Termis for new 696

Larraine Bamford
22-01-2012, 09:52 PM
I have not been on this site since I moved to Australia 6 years ago (shame on me!) But I have kept Monstering (yay!) I have sold my 620sie (boo!) and am in the process of buying a new 696 (yay!). Over here it will cost $2000 for new termis and I was wondering if anyone knew of somewhere in the UK where I could try and get them for a reasonable price and get them shipped over. Pretty much anywhere in the UK will do them cheaper as prices for parts over here are astronomical. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

gary tompkins
22-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Wouldn't you get hit for import duty making any saving null and void? Shipping to Oz would also be pretty expensive

$2000 AUD is just over £1300 GBP. There's a kit here priced here at £960 http://www.ducatimotorcycles.co.uk/acatalog/Books.html

So assuming that's the going rate... unless you can get a bargain on shipping, and dodge any duty the savings may be minimal. Mind you I don't think the UK supplier would charge any VAT on exports, so you could save 20% there. That would make UK price about £760 or $1130 AUD, which may make it a better deal at your end.

I was wondering how this will compare to importing into Austrailia from the USA, but then noticed the dollar rate is almost the same