PDA

View Full Version : Kent DOC meet Jan 22nd 2012

nuttynick
16-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Hi Monster peeps ;-) It's the first one of 2012, let's make it a good one! Same time, midday, same place, Mickey's Diner, A229 Bluebell Hill. The last few meet have seen nearly a dozen Ducatis, with more than a few UKMOC guys present, so let's hope the weather's good! Plans for next year include a trip to Spa for the bikers Classic,the Horsham Piazza in April, and runs out to. I've got some 'calling cards' to hand out too, a bit like the ones you used to see in phone boxes! See you there ;-)

Altaian
18-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Is it 4th Sunday already... where is 2012 going?

Lay in or brekkie en-route... :dizzy: May need to go via Wesson's Cafe if I can get up early enough :devil: May just opt for a Latté @ Costa Coffe, Pease Pottage Services. See ya Sunday.

nuttynick
18-01-2012, 07:40 PM
See you then there then Altaian! Is the pretty Polish girls still working at Wessons? It's a long time since I've been there!

Altaian
20-01-2012, 08:11 AM
Don't recall the last time I was there, so unable to offer you an answer either way on that subject I'm afraid. GT reminded me of the place after I posted about meeting places in Sussex. Seems like you're more familiar than I about the staff there... :p

It was just a thought I had about a different route over to Maidstone. Getting up early enough to find time for a brekkie treat is gonna be the issue though. It's a great cafe, on the junction of a myriad of good roads, so it is worth making the effort.

Perhaps a Sloppy Joe on the the return leg is a more reasonable expectation to have...

nuttynick
21-01-2012, 09:30 AM
I'll have to pop in there sometime and check! At least the weather's looking nice for tomorrow!

gary tompkins
21-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Think I'll have to pass this weekend Nick. We've got an Ice hockey match to spectate on at Gillingham this Sunday. As your meet doesn't normally kick off until mid-day it may be difficult to fit both in. I'll have a chat with my Alan who's giving me a lift down.

nuttynick
21-01-2012, 03:07 PM
No worries! Did you see my post about discount etc at Lagunas? Might be of use to you?

gary tompkins
21-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Yes I did. Thanks I'll spread the word

May still get down tomorrow - watch this space