PDA

View Full Version : lucky to be alive , hit at 140kph

jerry
15-01-2012, 04:01 AM
coming back from Aranyapratet to pattaya on friday with my wife on the back we were on the 331 near phanat nikom , I was hit from behind whilst cruising at 140kph (90mph) by a toyota Vigo pickup , lucky I accelerated as my bike started to tank slap and managed to gain control , the pickup did not stop but i followed it and got the plate numbers , driver was a Farang ????

we then stopped at Bo Thong junction police Box and made a report my wife was really upset ,my rear number plate was bent up like a banana and rear lights all smashed in , could have been much worse .

Any how police tried to stop the pickup at BoWin but he refused to stop and the driver was traced to pattaya , I just got back from the police station with my wife , The guy was British called Carl Tomson and he was made to pay me 20,000 baht ( £400) and the cops have probably screwed him for a lot more more , he was totally un apologetic and very rude to me and the thais did not seem to care that he nearly killed us what an arrogant prick .

i have already fixed the bike for 3000 (£50)baht so its not all bad

Kato
15-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Jerry I suggest you go see this twat and beat the crap out of him, seems the cops don’t care about attempted murder out there.

Glad you’re OK mate

BluprintZ
15-01-2012, 09:44 AM
I'm with Rob on this one Jerry mate.
I would have given the £400 to the cops, to look the other way and i would have battered him with the largest, heaviest stck i could find....and that would just be for upsetting the misus.
Glad you are both ok mate.

G ; ):thumbsup:

revver
15-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Hope both of you are o.k. I'm fuming just thinking of it.

Diego
15-01-2012, 10:48 AM
How great you regained control and the both of you are ok!!!!

Time to double knee that murdering bastid in the head ONG BAK style!!!!

He11cat
15-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Glad your both ok .. You where lucky!
Hmm I'd accidently find his pickup and run into the windows by mistake with an iron bar .

jerry
15-01-2012, 02:06 PM
My wife found out that the cops screwed him for 50,000 (£1,000) if he had shown some contrition and respect its would have cost him only 10,000 baht so he has lost £1,400 and i do know where he lives now ,,,,but on tuesday i am coming to UK so let it wait ...mind you its usually thais that rear end people here out of blind stupidity they have no road sense at all.

last time i was rear ended in UK i spent 2 years in hospital that was 1990 so it could have been worse.

utopia
15-01-2012, 02:20 PM
From your description, it sounds like the pick-up drivers actions were entirely intentional.
Also, being a Brit, his driver training was presumably better than the usual third world chaos.
And one would assume he has at least a very small brain in there somewhere.
So, despite my normal non-violent tendencies, I'm with the others....this guy needs teaching a lesson before he kills someone.

Glad you emerged unscathed.

He11cat
15-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I got rear ended luckily in my car by a new range Rover.
He was on his mobile .. He signaled he'd pull over then bloody drove away I was so shocked as thrown forward I did not get a chance to get his plate :(

I saw in my rear mirror he was a bit close and on the phone then ploughed into me :(

Lima071
15-01-2012, 05:43 PM
Glad you are okay and quick enough with the throttle to get the bike back straight.
His tyres will go flat week on week and need replacing, when you accidently stab them repeatedly causing him inconvenience and cost of new tyres.

Funkatronic
15-01-2012, 05:50 PM
sounds awful mate, id be ****ing fuming if that happend to me.

glad your both ok

Blufoot
15-01-2012, 06:45 PM
Glad to hear youre ok, things do certainly work a bit differently out there law enforcement wise!

Are you living in Pattaya? My cousin owns a club there

gary tompkins
15-01-2012, 11:21 PM
What an arsehole

Glad the cops tracked him down and that you are ok

jerry
16-01-2012, 12:07 AM
Glad to hear youre ok, things do certainly work a bit differently out there law enforcement wise!

Are you living in Pattaya? My cousin owns a club there

yeah i spend a lot of time there my wife has business and kids go to school i work around the world but still keep 2 dukes in UK so get worst of both worlds,,,,,,, which club ?

jerry
16-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Thai police are only motivated by money but one can make it work in your favour , got caught doing 140mph and gave the cop a £5 back hander to forget , try doing that in UK.

Blufoot
16-01-2012, 06:49 AM
yeah i spend a lot of time there my wife has business and kids go to school i work around the world but still keep 2 dukes in UK so get worst of both worlds,,,,,,, which club ?

It's called Blues Factory, it's down a side street off Walking Street

pegboy
16-01-2012, 11:34 AM
Un-Freaking-real glad you managed to keep the bike upright. the driver does need to be taught a consideration lession

jerry
18-01-2012, 07:19 AM
It's called Blues Factory, it's down a side street off Walking Street

I know it well great band and music ,

cheers jerry

a7avenger
21-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Sorry to hear about this, the pr!ck is oviously a mental case.
I wonder if he's on Facebook?