PDA

View Full Version : Hmm bit um strange monster

He11cat
10-01-2012, 10:28 PM
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=300646533545&index=6&nav=SEARCH&nid=37571752844

well not my cuppa poor poor monster (bitza me thinks)
Have to say iffy frame number .. I'm sure the police would happily turn a blind eye to that not ..

If you frame number doesn't match you document then surely it's illegal.
That's the whole point of it and surely would not be able to ride on the road.
Well you could but surely not be insured!

Given Scrapps fiasco with them checking his frame number that time the bike was impounded and that was totally legal!

So if you got pulled on that .. Can we check your frame number please ???

Wouldn't touch and bargepole comes to mind!

utopia
11-01-2012, 05:49 AM
I saw that too.
Naaaasty.
I guess it could have had a legitimate replacement engine, but DVLA haven't been informed. Maybe thats not illegal until someone puts it on the road, but looking like that, I can't see that ever happening.

The Red Devil
11-01-2012, 10:38 AM
I saw that too.
Naaaasty.
I guess it could have had a legitimate replacement engine, but DVLA haven't been informed. Maybe thats not illegal until someone puts it on the road, but looking like that, I can't see that ever happening.

Wouldn't give him 99p for it.....

I bet if the old bill checked his frame number it would come back to a stolen bike.... 1000s of bikes never get recovered each year... they get stripped for parts and end up in unsuspecting hands .... anyone who buys parts no questions asked... is as bad as the scum who steal them... mate of mine saw a police chase over near Kilburn lane a few days ago... two stolen bikes in the back of a transit van... after the chase the bike were in peices..not lashed down...70mph over speed bumps.. i wonder what they were going to do with the bikes.. both brand new Honda CBR125 R reps

:twak: this is all they are good for

He11cat
11-01-2012, 12:57 PM
I reckon its a bitza ...... I have to say its one of the vilest bikes I have ever seen (sorry just being honest!!!)
If the frame and engine number do not match the paperwork I would walk away reguardless...

I was after an engine for my YDS7 and got the nod on one drove ages to look at it and they failed to mention the engine number had been removed ... needless to say I walked away ..
Agreed if a part is too good to be true its often hot ....
I would never knowingly buy anything nicked cheap or not.

Darkness
11-01-2012, 03:36 PM
I was trying to work out what the frame is, as the footrest hangers don't look monster and the back end of the lattice looks different too?

He11cat
11-01-2012, 03:55 PM
It's a nightmare of an enigma!!
Yes he said the number doesn't tally to any ducati frame number ?
Odd one isn't it .

Pedro
11-01-2012, 08:30 PM
That bike has been on here before, albeit with a stock tank. The frame if I recall correctly is not monster but st or something, basically a bitsa! Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Oh and it was apparently registered in jan 1993, kinda difficult as the monster was launched till march 93....

Ped

He11cat
11-01-2012, 09:12 PM
Hmm and the mystery deepens.. For a small amount more you can have a real monster that looks nice!!!!

Musty
11-01-2012, 09:18 PM
I WANT... then I will set fire to it and put it out of its misery

the_adam
11-01-2012, 11:01 PM
Definitely wouldn't be for me even if it did have a good frame number. Although we all manage to personalise our bikes, guess someone must have liked it :)

animaluk
11-01-2012, 11:49 PM
Yuk I feel unwell Nurrrsssseeeeeee

He11cat
11-01-2012, 11:55 PM
The weasel petting zoo in Bedfordshire rang they said it's a bumper day tomorrow.
That bikes beats the MZ