PDA

View Full Version : Weekend 14th-15th January

buzzbomb
10-01-2012, 12:20 PM
The Manchester Motor Cycle Show is on this weekend at Manchester Central (G-Mex), the Ducati UK truck is attending along with Ducati Manchester and will have the new 1199 Panigale, 848 Streetfighter and the rest of the 2012 line up and for those up north it will be a chance to see the new bikes up close plus the 2012 Ducati clothing collection.

neilo
10-01-2012, 01:36 PM
Oh, I didn't know about this. Perhaps I'll be making a trip to Manchester this weekend then! :-)

J.P
10-01-2012, 01:56 PM
Just imagine by 2026 you'll be able to get from London to Manchester really quickly by train.

buzzbomb
10-01-2012, 02:48 PM
I would imagine that Jeeves could have you up here in the blink of an eye...;);)

Come on Justin you can always slum it...:o

Dukedesmo
10-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Just imagine by 2026 you'll be able to get from London to Manchester really quickly by train.

Return ticket'll probably cost £250 though...

Small Clanger
10-01-2012, 04:17 PM
And worth a visit whilst in Manchester, the Dainese D-store on Portland St. I was speaking to Paddy there the other day and he tells me they'll be having a few special prices over the weekend along with the new 2012 stuff.
Also, if you're not short of a few bob, the Belstaff flagship store on King St.

Lunch at Gio's Italian restauraunt also on Portland St, highly recommended. :cool:

J.P
10-01-2012, 04:38 PM
I try not to slum it anywhere Geoff. :)

Mand
10-01-2012, 05:07 PM
I heard a rumour a certain Mr guy Martin will be on the dainese stand on the Saturday....

buzzbomb
10-01-2012, 06:21 PM
Sounds like I'll be seeing you on saturday Mand...:D

and Dave...:scratch:

Thirdway
10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Also, if you're not short of a few bob, the Belstaff flagship store on King St.

:

Bob was right......for the times they are a changin'

It used to be the cheapest way into some protective, waterproof motorcycle clothing when quality leathers were out of reach. I threw two complete suits in the bin a few years back, genuine 1977 vintage.....doh! They now go for several hundred quid secondhand.

Mand
11-01-2012, 08:20 AM
Sounds like I'll be seeing you on saturday Mand...:D

and Dave...:scratch:

No fraid not Geoff, got other plans for the weekend. Hope you have a good time in Manchester.

Nice place to eat and drink in the best city is sams chophouse, where you can quite literally rub shoulders with a bronze lowry :thumbsup:

Albie
11-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Bob was right......for the times they are a changin'

It used to be the cheapest way into some protective, waterproof motorcycle clothing when quality leathers were out of reach. I threw two complete suits in the bin a few years back, genuine 1977 vintage.....doh! They now go for several hundred quid secondhand.

Same here well I gave mine away with the bike in early 80's. Now I want a belstaff for my XT500 riding but I reckon the Supadry Coat will do a great job and @ £150 plus.

sorry for Hijack Geoff. :D

buzzbomb
11-01-2012, 09:52 AM
sorry for Hijack Geoff. :D

Hi Andy, No probs...:banghead:

But who the ****s Jack...:rolleyes:

neilo
13-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Weather forecast for tomorrow is looking great (if only a bit cold). This is looking like a goer for me! :-)

He11cat
13-01-2012, 05:59 PM
Loved my trailmaster it was all oily and I had wax cotton smudges on my face all the time. It was so warm and big big pockets.

I used to get my Heine G stuff from Germany before it was popular here.
I swore by belstaff..

I brought some boots a little while ago and sadly the quality was nothing like the 80,s stuff I had.
They fell apart in a few weeks and these where bike boots !!
As a person who's sworn by their gear for years not sure if I would fork out for a new jacket.. Specially now as they are classed as a fashion item.

I went to find an old 80,s trailmaster and originally mine cost very little so I assumed I'd pick up an old one for £40 .... How about over £200 for a second hand one !
My ex threw mine out as it was a bit stinky I could have cried.

Textiles today just are not the same as a proper old belstaff.
The other clothing I had and still going and dead nice Lewis leathers .
Now I'm showing my age!

buzzbomb
13-01-2012, 07:01 PM
I've been back and forth to with bikes and clothing, the Ducati UK truck has arrived with a nice yellow 848SF and a beautiful red Panigale, Guy Martin is there saturday for signing and chit chat so come on guys heres your chance to see the latest ducati models, get Guy's autograph plus I've been told that I've got to behave myself as we've got two or three young dollies on the bikes.

Lisa has got most of the 2012 clothing collection at the show some of it at bargain prices.

Hope to see some of you tomorrow...Geoff.