PDA

View Full Version : Boxhill Sat 14th Jan

Sirc
09-01-2012, 07:41 PM
Let me start by saying that this is not advertising an official UKMOC meet (but almost could be!)
A few Ducati owners have been meeting up regularly on the 2nd Sat of the month (at around 10 a.m.) for a few years now in connection with the Ducatisti site (now 'shut'). Around a quarter of people turning up in the past have owned Monsters at one time or another even if they don't currently run one. I can speak for the hardcore that do usually turn up by saying that we don't mind what type of Ducati people have, and as Ozz pointed out to me yesterday a combination of different shapes and colours can be quite refreshing. It would be great if any of you could make it - my M900 is not finished yet otherwise I would be taking it!
I think Altaian is coming as well?
Regards
Chris

Altaian
10-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Let me start by saying that this is not advertising an official UKMOC meet (but almost could be!)
A few Ducati owners have been meeting up regularly on the 2nd Sat of the month (at around 10 a.m.) for a few years now in connection with the Ducatisti site (now 'shut'). Around a quarter of people turning up in the past have owned Monsters at one time or another even if they don't currently run one. I can speak for the hardcore that do usually turn up by saying that we don't mind what type of Ducati people have
I think Altaian is coming as well?
Regards
Chris

Yep, I'll be there :thumbsup: All being well, I should have warm hands if the heated grips & hand guard fitting goes to plan on Friday, which'll mean that the latté's first function will not be a hand warmer...

Let's hope the 1st meet of the year's turn out is at least as good, if not better than the last of 2011 :biggrin:

To be fair, the connection with Ducatisti was more a medium for putting the word out. Not all attendees were members, as some came via word of mouth. The common factor was Ducati ownership & passion of Italian exotica :hail:

For those that haven't been, or not sure where it is:
‘Ryka’s Cafe’ Box Hill, Dorking, Surrey, RH5 6BY.

You can't really miss it. There are two entrances coming south down the A24 & one going North off of the round-about.

Be great to see some more UKMOC in attendance :devil: Fingers crossed there may even be some cake.

Post meet, there could be a ride over to either:
Newland’s Corner on A25 outside Guildford: (GU4 8SE)
or
Whiteways Café on Bury Hill: (BN18 9FD)

It'll also be a good spring board for those interested in going on to:

MEP surgery to discuss biking issues at P&H Crawley 14 January
http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=43211

I'm not a MAG Member, but I received the following from my local IAM group WSAM:
Saturday 14th January – P&H Motorcycles, Crawley 2.00pm - 4.30pm

There has been quite a lot written in the press, over the past few months, about how European Legislation will prevent us from working on our own motorbikes and not being able to even have them ‘modified’. From what we are led to believe, even fitting a Scott Oiler or heated grips will be classed as a ‘modification’.

Today we have the opportunity to express our thoughts to an MEP who will listen to all our concerns and then hopefully lobby on our behalf to make sure ensure that this never happens.

Please remember that this is a meeting with Peter Skinner MEP, not a debate with lots of politicians. If we don't turn out to meet him, he will be within his rights to assume that no-one really cares about the issues, so why should he?

MAG Members come from all walks of life. But we all have one thing in common... We’re all bikers who care about the future of motorcycling.
The only thing that will kill motorcycling as we know it is apathy!

Brighton MAG
Presents
Question Time with Peter Skinner
South East MEP
Saturday 14th January, 2pm to 4.30pm
at
P & H Motorcycles, 61-63 Gatwick Road,
RH10 9RD Crawley

Let him hear your concerns ahead of the full EU Parliament vote on Type Approval Regulation

See ya Sat.

J.P
10-01-2012, 08:52 AM
Alatian would go to the opening of an envelope if it was Ducati related :)

uksurfer
10-01-2012, 10:30 AM
at least you get a nice burger at Box Hill, if i wasnt busy id think about running over that way myself, plus id get to whizz past a few monster riders whilst on the R1......

RickyX
10-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Might put in an appearance if dry and my Mrs doesn't have any DIY related plans for me!!

Saint aka ML
10-01-2012, 03:29 PM
So how legal it is to ride with no panels, front light, front indicators, Speedo well entire front?

P.S It has forks, brakes and wheels :)

Kato
10-01-2012, 03:34 PM
So how legal it is to ride with no panels, front light, front indicators, Speedo well entire front?

P.S It has forks, brakes and wheels :)

Normal for one of your bikes mate..........:mand:

Saint aka ML
10-01-2012, 08:54 PM
Normal for one of your bikes mate..........:mand:

Well just asking as do fancy destressing ride with all **** I had around me lately.
Will charge battery and hope for the best.

Saint aka ML
10-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Uh Yes Kato your PM is fullllllll

Kato
10-01-2012, 09:42 PM
Uh Yes Kato your PM is fullllllll

Its not now...

The Red Devil
11-01-2012, 10:47 AM
Alatian would go to the opening of an envelope if it was Ducati related :)

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuc kle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

spilt my tea laughing!

He11cat
11-01-2012, 01:09 PM
Its good that people are keen and want to get involved.

Unlike lazy fecks like me who have to be dragged out of bed Sunday morning .... anything before 10am is a swear word on a Sunday ....
Have not been to Rykers for ages Il have to do that again this year see folks and nip in for a brew.
I shall nip down later in the year.

nuttynick
11-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Can't make this one due to family stuff, will get over this year though!

Sirc
13-01-2012, 02:48 AM
Forecast looks good for Saturday morning if a little cold.

Altaian
13-01-2012, 09:26 AM
The coffee will taste that much better then...

Be nicer if it's a shade warmer though; rode 40miles this morning and the temp gauge was on 1°C most of the way, dropping to 0°C & peaking briefly at 4°C. {brrr}

Lovely clear sky though, and the weekend forecast looks like much of the same. :spin:

Hope all who brave it have a safe journey & keep shiny side up. :thumbsup:

Sirc
13-01-2012, 02:23 PM
MOT'd 400SS today so no transport excuses for me now.

Saint aka ML
14-01-2012, 01:32 PM
Well Me, Sirc and Altaian showed up only.

Good to catch up and notice that SF got some more stuff again.

Altaian was going to ask are you single as you picked up that girls quite quickly? I mean she just walked in through the door ...

Sirc
14-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Good to see you Lucazs - glad you got back safe considering. as for 'girl walking through the door', just wish I was 35 years younger.. Saw a nice yellow '90's SS coming out of Dorking half hour ago.

Altaian
14-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Good seeing you again Saint & Sirc. You missed out on a good ride-out: circa 40miles on local backroads via Newlands Crnr: due to the clear sky, the tarmac warmed up just enough...

On the return to Box Hill, we met another regular attendee. :thumbsup:

Sirc
14-01-2012, 04:24 PM
yes, glad we all stayed upright - do you think I ought to tell Saint about the apple pies now Alt??

Saint aka ML
14-01-2012, 06:52 PM
yes, glad we all stayed upright - do you think I ought to tell Saint about the apple pies now Alt??

What apple pies from whom?

Sirc
14-01-2012, 07:38 PM
I had brought some apple pies along but as it looked like a no-show me and Altaian scoffed the lot by 11 oclock just as you showed up Lucazs, that's why I guiltily jumped up and bought you a cup of tea!

Kato
15-01-2012, 08:22 AM
Now had I of known there were to be apple pies I'd deffinately have made the effort to get out.......