PDA

View Full Version : just got the heave ho

jerry
09-01-2012, 04:35 PM
My employers just emailed me to say my services are no longer required as i no ****in good at the job .......****s ,,,,,,,only 2 weeks ago they were singing my praises with a mega appraisal saying how good i am .........go figure it !!!!!!!!

LVC
09-01-2012, 04:46 PM
Naff news Jerry - hope you get another contract soon

J.P
09-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Screw them by highlighting the recent good review and make them pay lots more redundancy .

jerry
09-01-2012, 07:03 PM
Screw them by highlighting the recent good review and make them pay lots more redundancy .

We are all contractors in this game except for the management so no redundancy , seems i have been backstabbed by someone as i am now hearing some really negative info from my friends inside the company apparently i sorted out a long running technical problem and that made some people look bad , .
as they should have done it ages ago
I am very pissed off . and no redress the good guys lose again

mickyvee
09-01-2012, 07:26 PM
:thumbsdown: Major bummer. I've been made redundant a few times, and it aint much fun. Don't even think about degrading yourself by going down to the job centre, as that will just make you angry. Use your friends and any contacts you have within your own line of work. That's what I did and it landed me a decent job working at a small firm, for a bunch of nice people. I know that you are at a very low point, but things will pick up. All the best, Mick.

Saint aka ML
09-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Jerry feel for you. 2 years ago similar happened to me. Super reviews on paper together with client praises and two clients saying they only want to work with me.
Sadly they said that as I was the one who done what they paid for .... mistake possibly.
2 months later redundancy.

Now I am unemployed probably from February and going to employment tribunal but that will cost money and take ages sadly so am in **** as never before (other complications in december on top of all of that).

My end of 2011 was fab with accident but start of 2012 just topped that all off Grrrr.

a7avenger
09-01-2012, 08:19 PM
One of the Cardinal rules of promotion is not to make yourself indispensable in any particular position. So there you have it folks, Sh!t does and has definately risen to the top in this instance.
And just to make sure that everyone knows it the W@nkers have sacked someone who actually knows what he's doing.:banghead:

I hope that you find a better job very soon, good luck.