PDA

View Full Version : Brekkie Meeting on January 15th - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY

Rally
08-01-2012, 11:40 AM
We had arranged and booked to go to the Brasserie Gerard at 99 High Street, Marlborough, SN8 1HD for this meeting. We may however have a last minute problem with this venue.

Basically, they have gone into liquidation and have been taken over by the 'Prezzos' chain. They will at some point be shutting for a refurb. Currently they think they will be open for next Sunday, but will advise me later in the week if this changes. I will post on here later in the week to confirm where the meet will be.

Can we start a list of who intends to come please, and just to make it more confusing, can we do a second list if it gets moved to the Hilltop Diner as well. :spin:

Brasserie Gerard
Rally & Jacq

Hilltop Diner
Rally & Jacq

uksurfer
08-01-2012, 03:46 PM
Can we start a list of who intends to come please, and just to make it more confusing, can we do a second list if it gets moved to the Hilltop Diner as well.

Brasserie Gerard
Rally & Jacq
uksurfer -- if the weathers good enough to ride...

Hilltop Diner
Rally & Jacq
uksurfer

Darkness
08-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Brasserie Gerard
Rally & Jacq
Darkness

Hilltop Diner
Rally & Jacq
uksurfer
Darkness

And a Happy New Year to all UKMOCers!

Rally
08-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Brasserie Gerard
Rally & Jacq
uk surfer - If the weathers good enough to ride
Darkness

Hilltop Diner
Rally & Jacq
uksurfer
Darkness

Gutsy
08-01-2012, 07:27 PM
Can we start a list of who intends to come please, and just to make it more confusing, can we do a second list if it gets moved to the Hilltop Diner as well.

Brasserie Gerard
Rally & Jacq
Gutsy

Hilltop Diner
Rally & Jacq
uksurfer
Gutsy - Happy New Year to all UKMOCers

singletrack
09-01-2012, 04:29 AM
I am not going to tell you I can come because I always say that and end up not being able to make it! I will try to make it and will let you know on the day or just before.
What time are you meeting?
A x

Altaian
09-01-2012, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by uksurfer

Brasserie Gerard
Rally & Jacq
Darkness
Gutsy
Altaian

Hilltop Diner
Rally & Jacq
uksurfer
Darkness
Altaian

JerryT
09-01-2012, 12:40 PM
Sorry chaps, can't make this one, visiting family that day.

uksurfer
09-01-2012, 08:04 PM
Might be worth knocking Marlboro on the head anyway if the local uptake is not that strong?

Gordon H
09-01-2012, 08:29 PM
Might be worth knocking Marlboro on the head anyway if the local uptake is not that strong?

Could be an idea - so far everyone bar Alun and Jacq are coming from the east.........

Rally
09-01-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm happy either way Guys. I have asked for people to post for both venues and the number is pretty much the same so far, in fact one more for Marlborough!

Wilts lot must be sleeping this week! :D

chris yeatman
09-01-2012, 10:25 PM
sorry, cant make this meet. :(

Dinkybiker
10-01-2012, 04:09 AM
Happy New Year everyone.

I was hoping to start catching up with everyone but I can't make this brekkie meet as I'm working.

Hope the weather is as good as it was the weekend just gone for all you who do make it.

Dinky

uksurfer
10-01-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm happy either way Guys. I have asked for people to post for both venues and the number is pretty much the same so far, in fact one more for Marlborough!

Wilts lot must be sleeping this week! :D

True enough, hoping we get a few more local Bath/Bristol/Swindon people out and about?

Char
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM
Brasserie Gerard
Rally & Jacq
Darkness
Gutsy
Altaian

Hilltop Diner
Rally & Jacq
uksurfer
Darkness
Altaian
Char -- if Martins finished drilling....

Yawn

Rally
10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Brasserie Gerard
Rally & Jacq
Darkness
Gutsy
Altaian

Hilltop Diner
Rally & Jacq + 1
uksurfer
Darkness
Gutsy
Altaian
Char -- If Martins finished drilling.... Surely you haven't got oil in Salisbury have you! :D

SunEye
10-01-2012, 10:02 PM
I may be able to make it. Gives me a good reason to get out of bed. Pick the Monster up from Pro Twins on Saturday. It had a Christmas and New Year holiday there. Needed new chain and sprockets (14T on front), warped brake discs replaced under warranty (new brake pads as well), split rubber bellows around clutch master cylinder plunger replaced under warranty, clutch slip fixed, neutral sensor wire fixed, bars narrowed.

Brasserie Gerard
Rally & Jacq
Darkness
Gutsy
Altaian
SunEye

Hilltop Diner
Rally & Jacq + 1
uksurfer
Darkness
Gutsy
Altaian
Char -- If Martins finished drilling
SunEye

Rally
11-01-2012, 08:04 PM
The original thought and plan was to move the meet around to try to get some new faces to join us from the areas close to the new venues; As this one hasn't attracted anyone from the Marlborough region and most are coming up from the South, we have decided to revert to the Hilltop Diner, near Salisbury for this one now.

So, it's the Hilltop Diner for 10.30am :thumbsup:

Rally & Jacq + 1
uksurfer
Darkness
Gutsy
Altaian
SunEye

Gordon H
11-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Rally & Jacq + 1
uksurfer
Darkness
Gutsy
Altaian
SunEye
Gordon (though may be on the SS as it needs a run out)

uksurfer
15-01-2012, 02:39 PM
Rally & Jacq + 1
uksurfer
Darkness
Gutsy
Altaian
SunEye
Gordon (though will probably be a no-show due to inability to handle drink)

Good to see everyone today, even the naughty bikes!

Rally
15-01-2012, 02:42 PM
Yes, it was good to see everyone. Funny how Gordons description was so accurate.........

Gordon (though will probably be a no-show due to inability to handle drink)

Hope the head is better now Gordon. :D

Char
15-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Yes good brekkie and good turn out of bikes

Shame Gordon 'lightweight' Hardy missed out - very unlike him the Jura must have been off

Pakin

AndyC_772
15-01-2012, 08:39 PM

It's nice to have some company ;)

Obviously quite a few people - like me - failed to appreciate before setting out just how cold it was!

Altaian
16-01-2012, 01:28 PM

Great seeing so many out on such a crisp mornin'. Nice catching up again with those I met at The Poplar Farm.

Hmmm, blueberry pancakes with maple syrup & bacon... Rock on Feb ;)

The ride back along the A272 was great. Managed a cheeky hot chocolate @ Whiteways Café. Cheers Gutsy for leading SunEye & I along the backroads to Winchester.

Gutsy
16-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Now I've defrosted, despite heated grips, thanks to all for our first brekkie meet of the year. We had several naughty corners between two wheels and four wheels but good effort from all, especially Andy Sun-Eye and Altanian for trekking across many more frosty miles than us locals! It was nice riding back via Winch as it's not something I get a chance to do often.

J.P
16-01-2012, 02:12 PM
A frosty morning can't stop bikers from getting to a good breakfast. :)

SunEye
16-01-2012, 06:21 PM
A frosty morning can't stop bikers from getting to a good breakfast. :)
And indeed it didn't ;)

In fact I was quite surprised as to how warm I was on my 1hr 20min ride to Hilltop. I could have probably managed another half hour before I would have had to have stopped to warm up. I was wearing 5 layers on my upper body plus a textile jacket with a quilted lining and I was wearing my Draggin Jeans underneath my textile trousers with their thermal lining in, so I wasn't short of insulation, but even so I'm very susceptible to feeling the cold in my extremities, but Sunday I was ok. Very happy with that. Especially as my Rizoma grips are as much bare metal as they are rubber and so aren't the best idea for warm hands in winter.

It was good to see everyone there. Thanks to Gutsy for taking me and Altaian back through Winchester. It's been a while since I've been over in that direction so I didn't know where I was going. And thanks to Altaian for the cuppa at Whiteways and a good ride along the A272.

For someone who spends most of his time working in the afternoons and evenings and therefore not seeing many mornings it was nice to do so especially on the bike.