PDA

View Full Version : E-Petition against new EU Law

bex
04-01-2012, 11:14 AM
Anti-tampering law? Is this seriously likely to happen?

What a load of bollocks.

https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/22251

Scott1
04-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Good post Bex, signed.

The EU law makers will probably dumb this down by the time it gets voted in as it will be incredibly difficult to enforce but I expect something will come in as the overpaid eurocrats need to justify their jobs.

satan916
04-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Likewise, signed

gary tompkins
04-01-2012, 11:51 AM
What a crock of sh#t :grump:

Signed

bigredduke
04-01-2012, 12:01 PM
also signed

The Red Devil
04-01-2012, 01:26 PM
signed... get partner to sign also... twice as many signatures

EU .. creating chaos where there was once calm

:banana: shhh dont tell em i bought a pound of curved banannas!!:twak:

pooh
04-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Signed

Ian

jerry
04-01-2012, 02:19 PM
done and got some mates to sign it too

Nickj
04-01-2012, 02:58 PM
Done although I think a young child could have written it better.

Paraphrasing a little but using entirely the meaning from within the text...
Banning of motorcycles over 7yrs old in Urban areas is needed as air-cooled machines that are over 7 years old could blow up in traffic.
Obviously these old bikes are bloody lethal and shouldn't be on the roads.

Nickj
04-01-2012, 03:00 PM
You really want to look at the new proposal on workplace EMF levels. There is some hectic lobbying going on from the European health system which seems to be falling on deaf ears at the momement because one effect of the legislation would be that MRI scanners would be legal to own but illegal to operate.
The make poor paper weights and all your paper clips and pens get sucked into the bore and they won't come out :(

Musty
04-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Signed... nobs!

revver
04-01-2012, 03:23 PM
wife and i have signed. W**********S

neilo
04-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Signed! This whole thing really annoys me...

Phatty
04-01-2012, 03:45 PM
Agree with the petition totally, but it's so badly written no one is ever going to take any notice of it, signatures or not.

bex
04-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Its true it's written like a child has done it.

Still, good we've signed up in the hope that someone might pay attention.

samieb
04-01-2012, 04:59 PM
:moto:Yes I too joined in and signed with all you merry peeps. :biggrin:

I think someone was a little :drunk: when they thought of this.

:banghead: at the thought of not being allowed to modding bikes

:thumbsup: Don't stop here Bex, keep going please... :moto: :biggrin:

alan c
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Signed :banghead:

woody71
04-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Signed Bex. And thanks for sharing. The sooner we can get out of Europe as a governing community the better for all me thinks.

Flip
04-01-2012, 05:53 PM
This anti-tampering legislation harks back to when Peter Bottomley was Transport Minister in the late eighties and there was a mass demonstration to block London and congregate in Hyde Park ....I was there!!

All in a show against the compulsory fitting of 'cushioning' Leg Protectors to all motorcycles even though in independant tests they found in the majority of bike accidents (where the rider is hit from the side because a car has pulled out from a side road) they caused more injury to the rider but because it came from Brussels it had be right.

e-Petitions are all well and good (although the fact they mention air cooled bikes 'could blow up' may well give the bureaucrats more fuel to try and rob us of what we love doing) but what really P155E5 them off is having to deal with paperwork so the best thing would be for everyone to print it out and send it to their local Euro MP.

Anyway, it's signed so lets see what happens .....bring on a summer demo!!

Power to the People!!! (cue Citizen Smith music to fade)

Grumpy
04-01-2012, 06:36 PM
I signed this last night from facebook, what a croc of sh*it!
I sometimes wonder if the plebs in Brussels are smoking something!
Maybe its watching bikes filter thro' the traffic during rush hour in Brussels making them jealous!!

Musty
04-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Maybe its watching bikes filter thro' the traffic during rush hour in Brussels making them jealous!!

Agreed! These corrupt pompous idiots are sitting still in their limousines paid for by tax payers money all the while watching bikes effortlessly threading through the traffic.

Capo
04-01-2012, 07:08 PM
It's stuff like this that causes people to ignore the practical advantages of being in the EU and in years to come will be viewed as a contributory cause of the EU demise.

Economic Union YES, European Union NO

Now when is it exactly when we leave the EU?

Any way Fook them my bike stays as it is

snakey
04-01-2012, 07:21 PM
just another confirmation that we must get out - the loonies are running the asylum

Liz
04-01-2012, 07:24 PM
just another confirmation that we must get out - the loonies are running the asylum

LOL! Couldn't agree more, petition signed via FB.

Musty
04-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Here is a full list of what we'll lose if this law passes... however it might be that lots of these laws are being exaggerated.

http://www.righttoride.eu/?page_id=7516

Also found this, a letter from a MEP

http://www.facebook.com/notes/jack-scott-wood/mep-response-michael-cashman-labour/10150308570447957

nambduke
04-01-2012, 08:24 PM
Signed

Regards
Mark

Capo
04-01-2012, 09:00 PM
This is the mind set we are dealing with

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm143/Tarugo996/4ba0282b.jpg
Cartoon used in a presentation from the European Commission Enterprise and Industry on the Framework Regulation to the Working Group on “Motorcycles” (MCWG) 11th January 2011

Saint aka ML
04-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Signed but this is like 6th different one for me.

The idea of printing and mailing it over and over and over to correct MP or EU MP's will probably have better effect.

Capo I know you and I disagree on EU thing but you must agree with one issue. If UK leaves EU this law will not apply in UK but you will never be able to go touring in Europe.

Grumpy re smoking we had one or two EU officials n Poland that were caught smoking some weed during work time... so I guess it is possible those who putdown that new directive were stoned.

chris yeatman
04-01-2012, 09:17 PM
all signed........
going back to shed now to mod some more!!

Capo
04-01-2012, 09:27 PM
Capo I know you and I disagree on EU thing but you must agree with one issue. If UK leaves EU this law will not apply in UK but you will never be able to go touring in Europe.

Why not we were doing it long before the EU was ever 'dreamed' about
And the Swiss who are surrounded by EU states seem to get about a bit.

utopia
05-01-2012, 03:46 AM
I think they're more likely to be the sort that did smoke, once.....but didn't inhale

Signed.

On a related point, did anyone hear the radio 4 programme the other day about the Dutch-lead initiatives to remove traffic control features from urban streets ? Might be on catch-up somewhere ? The thinking behind it was certainly interesting, and something of a breath of fresh air, I thought.
Whether the dutch are more likely to inhale, I couldn't say.

Rally
05-01-2012, 05:05 AM
Signed. What a load of tosh!

Qba
05-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Signed, thanks.

Saint aka ML
05-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Why not we were doing it long before the EU was ever 'dreamed' about
And the Swiss who are surrounded by EU states seem to get about a bit.

Well Swiss have stricter rules then EU so their bikes are even better in light of EU rules.

Your S4 will soon be 7 years old if not already so no trip to town, high vis jacket in France even now. Our rules would be more relaxed and any copper could do you for number of things. UK bikes would be over in EU no more touring. We ride it out together or get stranded on an island.

pegboy
05-01-2012, 10:59 AM
Flippen Joke, signed

Capo
05-01-2012, 11:18 AM
Your reply implies that vehicles from a non EU country VISITING the EU for a limited period of time have to comply with EU regulations, this is not the case.

The EU in its present state is doomed, due in some part to the ridiculous laws such as this they seek to impose eroding what support they may have among the general populace.

I can assure you that if we were given the right to vote in or out, the result would be an overwhelming out. People have had enough, the average Joe neither understands or cares about the economic advantages, he wants to continue to be able to purchase that he wants and use it in what ever manner he wishes. Subject of course to the democratic laws of THIS country

Contrary to your impression, I was an ardent supporter of a 'United States of Europe' however subsequent erosion of our liberty, customs and heritage by others is just too much to bear.

gary tompkins
05-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Your reply implies that vehicles from a non EU country VISITING the EU for a limited period of time have to comply with EU regulations, this is not the case.

The EU in its present state is doomed, due in some part to the ridiculous laws such as this they seek to impose eroding what support they may have among the general populace.

I can assure you that if we were given the right to vote in or out, the result would be an overwhelming out. People have had enough, the average Joe neither understands or cares about the economic advantages, he wants to continue to be able to purchase that he wants and use it in what ever manner he wishes. Subject of course to the democratic laws of THIS country

Contrary to your impression, I was an ardent supporter of a 'United States of Europe' however subsequent erosion of our liberty, customs and heritage by others is just too much to bear.

Hear bloody hear! :thumbsup:

Not to mention the billions of pounds sterling they pissed away in bale out funding.. as far as I'm concerned the sooner we ditch EU the better :mad:

Well Swiss have stricter rules then EU so their bikes are even better in light of EU rules.

Your S4 will soon be 7 years old if not already so no trip to town, high vis jacket in France even now. Our rules would be more relaxed and any copper could do you for number of things. UK bikes would be over in EU no more touring. We ride it out together or get stranded on an island.

Hi vis jackets are not a legal requirement in France as yet - suggest you try doing some research. If the law had become active as planned on the 1st September we would have been driving in France illegally when we attended the MOB weekend in Belgium last year. The proposed law change was withdrawn after protests by hundreds of thousands of French bikers, and been shelved until further notice. Bearing in mind they have elections in France this year I don't think the current government wants to rock the boat and risk loosing votes.

Saint aka ML
05-01-2012, 02:40 PM
Ok Gary fair point. I was under the impression that the protest action did force French gov to legalise filtering and give up high vis jackets for high vis material but even the material is now being discussed aka not enforced yet.

However to both of you Capo and Gary if those rules are imposed in EU and UK jumps the sinking ship why do you think they will not enforce the rule on foreign bikers that enter EU?

Currently French law requires to have high viz jacket in the car in case of accident, in car not in boot. It also requires to have triangle in boot and in Germany first aid kit is requirement. It applies to all vehicles foreign or domestic.

They can fine you for not having those if you use their roads. The EU rules we are protesting about go so much more then little things like that.
If car is not road worthy in UK on UK plates it will (should) be stopped. If it is on foreign plate they do the same due to road safety. If the new EU rules go through they can stop you to check if you have correct tyres on as in their law it will state correct = safe not correct is dangerous and not road worthy. Whenever you go abroad you comply with local rules, all local rules. Some countries have death penalty if you commit murder there they will not skip that punishment just because your country does not have it. Look at US.

One more, put aside fining or if you can or can not ride.
Many bike part manufacturers make parts for both EU and UK market, possibly more.
When EU market is over their profits will fall. They will have to charge you more to survive. Some will just close so there will be less competition so prices will go up.
If the law is applied in EU price hike will happen in any country that is not in EU in some degree. Those manufacturers will have to lay people off as well.

Also you say average Joe does not care or understand so will vote out. Don't you see a problem here? How can you make a decision on anything but lotto numbers without knowing all facts? If anything the average Joe that does get it should inform those who do not so they can then make up their minds.
We had number of serious decisions made in last 15y without knowing all the facts. Iraq or Afghanistan comes to mind as we see the results sadly almost every day.
Finally if you know all the facts and make A decision, no matter what it is, if it does not work to well you got only yourself to blame. If you do not know the facts and it turns out bad you will blame someone else saying but I did not know that.

Capo
05-01-2012, 03:15 PM
Of course local laws have to be obeyed like the rule of the road, I carry a warning triangle, first aid kit, hi viz etc when driving on the continent, to me they make sense and do not infringe on my liberty

The issue here (the topic of this thread) is this so called anti tampering law that deprives people of their liberty.

Again there is no law or rule that says a vehicle VISITING the EU has to comply with current EU regulations. So people from the UK will still be able to go to Europe.

Also you say average Joe does not care or understand so will vote out. Don't you see a problem here.

The question should be don't THEY see a problem. By imposing ridiculous laws that have no tangible benefit and more importantly seek to curtail individual liberty, they should realise we are not surfs or sheep and will rebel against them

damo
05-01-2012, 04:24 PM
Hi vis jackets are not a legal requirement in France as yet [..]

Update: I'm talking about the high-viz for bikes, the one for cars (to have in the boot) came about in the same way on the 1st of October 2008.

Funnily enough the high-viz jackets literally just made a come back and have been passed in a decree on the 3rd of Jan!

If the government was deaf and blind that wouldn't be different: this was discussed and massively rejected yet they bring it through the back door (decree brought up by the transport minister, signed by the prime minister and off you go).

This won't come into action until the 1st of Jan 2013 and as you said it's short-sighted as elections are almost upon us..

[French] http://www.motomag.com/Securite-routiere-le-brassard-fluo-inscrit-dans-un-arrete-officiel

Saint aka ML
05-01-2012, 05:01 PM
Of course local laws have to be obeyed like the rule of the road, I carry a warning triangle, first aid kit, hi viz etc when driving on the continent, to me they make sense and do not infringe on my liberty

The issue here (the topic of this thread) is this so called anti tampering law that deprives people of their liberty.

Again there is no law or rule that says a vehicle VISITING the EU has to comply with current EU regulations. So people from the UK will still be able to go to Europe.

Also you say average Joe does not care or understand so will vote out. Don't you see a problem here.

The question should be don't THEY see a problem. By imposing ridiculous laws that have no tangible benefit and more importantly seek to curtail individual liberty, they should realise we are not surfs or sheep and will rebel against them

Well might be wrong here but please show me where it states other wise, just how you are saying it it does not make sense please read on:

What do you mean "Again there is no law or rule that says a vehicle VISITING the EU has to comply with current EU regulations". Any country that has signed in to EU has to obey EU rules/regulations/laws. If EU passes the anti-tampering law every EU member has to deal with it and live with it, they can add their own legislation that will further stricken it or make it compatible with their road rules. It becomes a local law as long as they are in EU. If that was not the case you would not even have to say it is time to leave EU as UK could just not accept whatever new law they do not like. Even this petition would be pointless on some level as UK could just not accept the law. If you are a EU state member you accept all that comes with it or rather all you signed in to.
You seem to be treating EU as a separate nation of sorts where you assume if you are visiting France you are not visiting EU. As long as France is a member you are visiting EU.
They might pass that anti tampering law as directive or recommendation. 1st one we are screwed.

In this retrospect it is exactly the same as states in USA. Yes all states may have certain laws different to next one but then there is federal law which all have to fallow. EU law is the federal law in this case.

In regards of average Joe. We are not discussing if laws that EU is inventing are good but a general decision process. Weather law is good or bad if you do not get it you will not know either way or even worse you will think it is A but in reality it is B. Yes people will eventually rebel if THEY push to much with stupid or constricting rules. Just one problem here that average Joe that does not get it or does not bother to get it might also not get most of the new laws and allow them to happen. Lack of knowledge is the worst enemy.
Why do you think Stalin, Lenin and in general entire soviet nation always killed elite of country they invaded. Dumb people are easier to control they do not question things. Why do you think church many moons ago did the same, required people to go to church not school.

banditloon
05-01-2012, 06:24 PM
Done although I think a young child could have written it better.

Paraphrasing a little but using entirely the meaning from within the text...
Banning of motorcycles over 7yrs old in Urban areas is needed as air-cooled machines that are over 7 years old could blow up in traffic.
Obviously these old bikes are bloody lethal and shouldn't be on the roads.

Yes, old bikes do that. They are even known to blow up on fairly quiet dual carriageways as well (as my bank account knows all too well!). I shall point this out to my local MEP.

Capo
05-01-2012, 11:10 PM
This about sums up the mad house the EU has become. Goebbels would have been proud of them

"Straight Bananas

Thursday, 13th November 2008

Finally the EU has come clean and admitted that it really did have rules on straight bananas. For years, supporters of the EU have talked about straight bananas as a "euro-myth", a story so ridiculous that only bad people seeking to debunk the EU could have told such dreadful lies.

Odd, then, that the EU Commission has just announced that it is to ditch a whole raft of rules on straight bananas, curved cucumbers and wonky vegetables. Of course euro-realists have been pointing out for years that the European Union really does have regulations on straight bananas (Directive No 2257/94 of 16 September 1994). But somehow the euro-myth story stuck, and the left-wing press never grasped the truth.

This really matters, especially in times of economic hardship. Perfectly good fruit -- apples that were too small, pears with minor surface blemishes -- were thrown away, or became cattle feed, because of European rules. Meantime hard-pressed housewives counting the pennies would have been happy to buy small apples for small children, or for apple pies.

Commenting on the EU decision, East Midlands MEP Roger Helmer said

"At last they've done the sensible thing -- that they should have done years ago. Indeed these daft and damaging regulations should never have reached the statute book. But the lesson has not been learned. We may have cancelled a few silly rules, but we create far more new ones every month. EU regulation is costing every family in Britain hundreds of pounds a year, and making us all poorer".