PDA

View Full Version : Wiltshire / Hampshire dates for 2012

Rally
28-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Wilts / Hants Events for 2012
We have decided between us to have a regular time for the Brekkie meetings, that now being the 3rd Sunday of each month. This will allow for better planning ahead for everyone. We will also change the venue each

December 9th – Christmas lunch near Andover.

gary tompkins
28-12-2011, 02:38 PM
WTF... where did the other dates thread go Rally?

I was just posting up a reply and it vanished off the board

Altaian
28-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Most strange GT, I saw your reply, but my previous & J.P's have gone...

If I was paranoid, I'd think someone didn't like my post... :scratch:

A shame it conflicts with the Kent monthly :twak: , as it will reduce possible attendance to either. But on the flip side, it is nice there is a fixed date to head west, just sad it's in lieu of going east... (or vice versa)

I'm a tourist I guess :pedro: so my vote probably dosn't count, I just hope there's a 'Naughty Corner'...

desmo
28-12-2011, 03:01 PM
I have an idea!!
Have you considered putting all the club meets on Google Calendar & integrating it within the UKMOC website?

I am not sure how easy this would be to do? But it would be a massive bonus if this could be done, because everyone who owns a smartphone (most of us I would have thought) could then subscribe to the Calendar. (FOC)
All dates would then automatically synch to to everyone's phone & as new dates were added these to would also synch.

Just a thought.

Rally
28-12-2011, 04:10 PM
WTF... where did the other dates thread go Rally?

I was just posting up a reply and it vanished off the board

You must have been on the same Hampshire one. Martin called me when he read someones post about it clashing with Kents meets, so he removed the Hants thread altogether, but I was out and have just returned to amend this threads dates as well as repost his. Sorry folks.

Most strange GT, I saw your reply, but my previous & J.P's have gone...

If I was paranoid, I'd think someone didn't like my post... :scratch:

A shame it conflicts with the Kent monthly :twak: , as it will reduce possible attendance to either. But on the flip side, it is nice there is a fixed date to head west, just sad it's in lieu of going east... (or vice versa)

I'm a tourist I guess :pedro: so my vote probably dosn't count, I just hope there's a 'Naughty Corner'...
See above! We have changed to the 3rd Sunday of the month now............

I have an idea!!
Have you considered putting all the club meets on Google Calendar & integrating it within the UKMOC website?

I am not sure how easy this would be to do? But it would be a massive bonus if this could be done, because everyone who owns a smartphone (most of us I would have thought) could then subscribe to the Calendar. (FOC)
All dates would then automatically synch to to everyone's phone & as new dates were added these to would also synch.

Just a thought.

Great idea but far too advanced for me!

gary tompkins
28-12-2011, 04:13 PM
You must have been on the same Hampshire one. Martin called me when he read someones post about it clashing with Kents meets, so he removed the Hants thread altogether, but I was out and have just returned to amend this threads dates as well as repost his. Sorry folks.

Great idea but far too advanced for me!

Fair enough... but your current list still quotes date as 2nd Sunday

Rally
28-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Fair enough... but your current list still quotes date as 2nd Sunday

Not anymore GT. I was amending it when you wrote that I expect. We now have a clash with MOB though!

Pomp1
28-12-2011, 04:37 PM
September 14th – 17th. MOB Belgium. National event Possibly no brekkie meet, TBA.

What will Gordon do then?:rolleyes:
reminder (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=42433&highlight=gordon)

uksurfer
28-12-2011, 04:46 PM
Wilts / Hants Events for 2012
.If anyone has any positive or negative feedback, we would be grateful to hear. Also any suggestions for the group are welcome.

any constructive thoughts?

Valespark
28-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Makes me wish I had a Monster to go along with the SS.

Looks good

MrsC_772
28-12-2011, 06:57 PM
Valespark - you'd be welcome to turn up and park in the "naughty corner" with the other non-Monsters. We're a friendly bunch :)

Albie
28-12-2011, 07:09 PM
Not anymore GT. I was amending it when you wrote that I expect. We now have a clash with MOB though!

Just move the meet to Market Square in Moeseke in Belgique then. Just offer free coffees and hot dogs and a limoncello and they will come....

MrsC_772
28-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Andy and I would be happy to host another barbecue in Farnborough.

Events look a little thin on the ground in June - how about Saturday 9th or Sunday 10th?

Kenties would be most welcome if it would otherwise clash with one of their get togethers!

Gilps
28-12-2011, 07:40 PM
I know its not 2012 but actually tommorow, but thought it may interest some. I'll probably POP down there as its only 10 minutes from home.

http://www.scottredding45.com/2011/12/19/scott-launches-minimoto-academy/

Valespark
28-12-2011, 09:54 PM
Valespark - you'd be welcome to turn up and park in the "naughty corner" with the other non-Monsters. We're a friendly bunch :)

Naughty corner it is then :mand:

See you all soon

Yorkie
28-12-2011, 11:33 PM
By April I will be in the Hampshire area for a least 2 years!

Looks like a bit of fun!

Yorkie

Altaian
29-12-2011, 08:46 AM

Rally/UKSurfer, Thanks for amending the w/e. Having just met both groups east & west of Sussex, it'd be a real shame to have to choose between you... Most agreeable of you to make the adjustment - hope you saw it as positive feedback. With you both having a great bunch of local members, short of doing alternate w/e's, it would've caused quite a dilemma. :dizzy:

Once the days get longer & warmer, perhaps there will be an opportunity to do group rides on both the 2nd & 3rd Sunday to the opposing meet, with a couple predetermined meeting points for folk to join the convoy. Will make it more enjoyable & boost the attendance to both. I'm hoping to be a regular attendant to both, so will happily meet those up for it en-route through Sussex/Surrey.

:ukm:

Just move the meet to Market Square in Moeseke in Belgique then. Just offer free coffees and hot dogs and a limoncello and they will come....

Couldn't agree more Abie - there will always be calendar event which could conflict, so you either have to adjust or make do. For the MOB w/e, you could have a local meet for those not heading to the continent & use it as a group ride for those going. Both options should accommodate most interested parties.

Andy and I would be happy to host another barbecue in Farnborough.

Events look a little thin on the ground in June - how about Saturday 9th or Sunday 10th?

Surely MrsC, you're referring to early June, as I believe you're kind of busy from the 18th... ;) A pre-WDW BBQ sounds like a great way to do last minute planning & discuss kit/routes etc.

Naughty corner it is then :mand:

See you all soon

Looks like the 'Naughty Corners' gonna get popular... :woot:

J.P
29-12-2011, 09:05 AM
U.K.M.O.C - It is what it says it is.
Ultimately Kind MONSTER OWNERS Corporation

rollo22
29-12-2011, 12:31 PM
Rally there's also the Prescott Hill Climb for Bikes on the 22nd April to add.
Its a great day out

I Know its not in Wiltshire but its close enough

NOW ADDED DUNCAN, THANKS.

Gordon H
30-12-2011, 11:43 AM
What will Gordon do then?:rolleyes:
reminder (http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?t=42433&highlight=gordon)

I'll be fine......... sure I'll find something to polish / clean / rebuild / f*ck up..............

Gordon H
30-12-2011, 11:45 AM
Makes me wish I had a Monster to go along with the SS.

Looks good

I've got an SS as well as a Monster........ has yet to find it's way into a naughty corner.........

gary tompkins
30-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Sorry Rally

I've just decided I'm washing my hair every 3rd Sunday

Any chance you can move it to the 4th Sunday? ;)

Char
30-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Big thanks Martin and Alun and all those involved -for all the hard work that I know goes into sorting meets etc and trying to please everyone - I hope people appreciate the amount of your free time you put into organising - last year was great , lets hope 2012 is as good

Looking forward to it

chris yeatman
30-12-2011, 10:03 PM
here here char.
good work boys!!!!

Rally
30-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Sorry Rally

I've just decided I'm washing my hair every 3rd Sunday

Any chance you can move it to the 4th Sunday? ;)

It's not if though it will take long, you can dry it on the way to brekkie! Lol

Big thanks Martin and Alun and all those involved -for all the hard work that I know goes into sorting meets etc and trying to please everyone - I hope people appreciate the amount of your free time you put into organising - last year was great , lets hope 2012 is as good

Looking forward to it

Thanks Char, we always do our best for everyone. :D

here here char.
good work boys!!!!

Cheers Chris.

bex
30-12-2011, 11:17 PM
I was looking forward to that BBQ wheres it gone :scratch:

chris yeatman
31-12-2011, 07:39 AM
I was looking forward to that BBQ wheres it gone :scratch:

yeh, i like a good old BBQ on a nice hot summers day with a nice cold glass of strongbow with ice :thumbsup:

Rally
31-12-2011, 08:17 AM
I was looking forward to that BBQ, wheres it gone? :scratch:

yeh, I like a good old BBQ on a nice hot summers day with a nice cold glass of strongbow with ice :thumbsup:

If the demand is there, so will the BBQ be. :thumbsup:

Liz
31-12-2011, 10:09 PM
any constructive thoughts?

PMs sent.

We didn't manage to get to Sammy Miller's last year but have been previously and it is a good day out so needs to be advertised (Hampshire). Also, the Beaulieu Motorcycle meet I feel needs to be put on the calendar, this is a really good day out for a fiver each (last year's price). See attached thread (also Hampshire I think?) We went last year as well as to Brooklands and attended the London Tunnel run (the only Wilts contingent at all three events :
http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-e...le-ride-in-day

Rally
02-01-2012, 05:58 PM
PMs sent.

We didn't manage to get to Sammy Miller's last year but have been previously and it is a good day out so needs to be advertised (Hampshire). Also, the Beaulieu Motorcycle meet I feel needs to be put on the calendar, this is a really good day out for a fiver each (last year's price). See attached thread (also Hampshire I think?) We went last year as well as to Brooklands and attended the London Tunnel run (the only Wilts contingent at all three events :
http://www.beaulieu.co.uk/beaulieu-e...le-ride-in-day

Thanks for those liz. I have added the Beaulieu day to the list. It is £6 per person this year. Your link didn't work for me, but I have added another one on the list in post 1.

What's odd is that I also did three events as the sole Wiltshire attendee last year, (Jacq at 2 of them with me) so it looks like we are getting the group out there! :thumbsup:

Rally
08-01-2012, 11:42 AM
New changes made to the list on post 1 aong with a new thread for next weeks brekkie at http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/showthread.php?p=414741#post414741