PDA

View Full Version : What are your Biking plans for 2012 ??

J.P
21-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Been sitting here this morning thinking about the year ahead and wondering what I want to do in 2012. In recent years I've been in Italy or South of France early summer but won't be doing that in 2012 so I may have to come up with some alternative for Spring or late summer. (Can't do World Ducati Week because I'll already be away)

Current plans & ideas :
Easter taking the wife and bike somewhere in Normandy,
UKMOC Weekender in early May,
MOB Weekender mid-September, which I'll probably extend to a full week of touring.
Maybe, just maybe, a trip down to the Pyrenees because I haven't been there yet.
But that's about it at the moment, I've not even any trackday plans in my head at the moment either, which will be the 1st year in five not to do any.

What about you ?

JMo
21-12-2011, 10:50 AM
Return to Dakar...

Jx

philrl1
21-12-2011, 10:59 AM
Riding across the Pyranees is excellent. I can't remember the route I went across as did it about 9 years ago.

scrapps
21-12-2011, 11:13 AM
After putting the monster back together the only plans i have is to give offroad riding
a go.
I have ridden bikes from 16yrs old but never done any off road stuff.

mintyhit
21-12-2011, 11:15 AM
To do at least one advanced motorcycle riding course and a track-day.

Also need a new project as all my tools are just gathering dust! :)

Jan (Belgium)
21-12-2011, 11:40 AM
WSBK Assen
maybee UKMOC weekender (depends on buying an appartement or not)
10 day trip - Germany - Austria - WDW

also thinking of a roadtrip towards a BSB weekend (Cadwell park - I want to see them jumping the hill live)

samieb
21-12-2011, 12:04 PM
WSBK Assen
maybee UKMOC weekender (depends on buying an appartement or not)
10 day trip - Germany - Austria - WDW

also thinking of a roadtrip towards a BSB weekend (Cadwell park - I want to see them jumping the hill live)

Hi Jan,

Post up if you do go to this as I may come along aswell. Not been to Cadwell Park yet. Hope to see you at the Weekender too?

Haynee
21-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Probably will get over to UK, and include a BSB weekend (summer), will also try to squeeze in a few days in Scotland (early Autumn).
Getting to a DRE is a (remote) possibility.

Capo
21-12-2011, 12:26 PM
Weekender
WDW
MOB

tricolore
21-12-2011, 12:29 PM
I just want to get out !! 2011 was an embarrassment. Thinking of Assen MotoGP and will try and visit some club meets. Not a lot seems to happen in the Midlands .....

MrsC_772
21-12-2011, 12:31 PM
UKMOC Weekender
WDW
If there's another UKMOC trackday, I'd be up for that

Possibly, just possibly, ride to Catalunya in the Autumn. (My sister announced her engagement last week and her current plan is for a wedding in Catalunya in late September/early October. Maybe combine that with a ride down through France & over the Pyrenees ...)

Altaian
21-12-2011, 12:44 PM
If the elements are kind, it should start with:

7th Jan: 1st Sat: London Regional UKMOC Meet
8th Jan: 2nd Sun: Kent Regional UKMOC Meet

Then...
Complete RoSPA & IAM

:ukm:Weekender
WDW 2012, including a European adventure either side
MOB Weekender ? - depending on availability

Eire or possibly Snowdonia, down the west Wales coast through to the Breckon Beacons... Perhaps a camping adventure or maybe B&B :scratch:

:dizzy: so many options...

bex
21-12-2011, 02:33 PM
- Extended trip home to Ireland.
- Got asked to ride over with a friend to Mugello GP in July, so considering that.
- Southern 100 depending on many things. Also right before Mugello so timing not great.
- Would like to watch Manx GP again.
- Maybe Belgium, probably not weekender.
- No doubt a few weekends hoofing around Wales.
- Hopefully track time and lots of it.

Mr.Number
21-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Riding to several moto gp rounds next year, did Aragon last year and came across some of the best roads you can possibly bike on. Theres some fantastic scenery to take in on some journeys, Brno, Le mans, Assen Mugello etc.

Just cant wait for the ****ty weather to **** off.

revver
21-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Altaian and bex If you come by brecon area on your travells give us a shout as i am about 30 mile away a stones throw around here. Close to the elan valley.

Phatty
21-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Buy a 748 or 916 track bike

nuttynick
21-12-2011, 04:40 PM
Don't forget the Bikers Classic at Spa is a tribute to Ducati featuring WSB stuff. It's the last weekend in June/first weekend in July for those that fancy it. Or a nice stop off on the way home from WDW!

J.P
21-12-2011, 04:48 PM
To do at least one advanced motorcycle riding course and a track-day.

Also need a new project as all my tools are just gathering dust! :)

Monty, these are the guys you should contact for advanced road riding, www.rapidtraining.co.uk, and tell them I sent you.

Rally
21-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Altaian and bex If you come by brecon area on your travells give us a shout as i am about 30 mile away a stones throw around here. Close to the elan valley.

And you're just around the corner from that fantastic hill climb site, where you can jump off the top and stay airbourne for 100 metres! :mand:

chris yeatman
21-12-2011, 06:42 PM
my biking plans are to ride as far as poss and just keep going so i can get as far away from salisbury as i can.

He11cat
21-12-2011, 06:56 PM
To finish sorting 400 .. To concentrate on getting well and getting out and about more.
If that fails learn to shoot myself..

SunEye
21-12-2011, 08:14 PM
See if I can top this year's 11,500 miles. Hopefully numerous trips to France, a trip or two to Scotland and a summer trip to Spain or Italy.

gary tompkins
21-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I'm hoping to do an event with UKBEG over easter

The UKMOC weekend in May

A 10 day tour in Europe through France, Switzerland and Germany in June

The rest of the season is up for discussion

Chris & Nean
21-12-2011, 09:43 PM
I want to get my valve clearance's adjusted and replace the belts at the same time, also give the bike a thorough clean too, maybe even look in to getting a plating kit for rejuvenating the tarnished fasteners on the bike as well. I think a new battery's in order because the bike refuses to start if left for a few weeks. Get new tires put on it next year and ride it more is the plan. Hoping for lovely weather next summer too :)

Shuffy
21-12-2011, 11:54 PM
Just to try and get out and ride more. Some lessons in time management wouldn't go amiss so I can keep up with Dad duties and get some proper smiles per hour. Oh and not double book the second Sunday of the month with any other 'domestic activity'.

If I can scrap some cash together this looks fun.

http://www.shorttrackuk.com/Started.html

Probably utterly impossible for someone of 'limited ability' but at least I can add it to my collection of epic bike sport failures and then relax into semi retirement. Pipe and slippers anyone??

bex
22-12-2011, 12:38 AM
Pipe and slippers anyone??

My moneys on Gordon getting here first, but it could well be Stu.

Any one care to place a wager?

J.P
22-12-2011, 06:32 AM
Doesn't seem a fair return Bex....

bex
22-12-2011, 07:19 AM
very good :chuckle:

J.P
22-12-2011, 07:39 AM
Shuffy,
The short-tracking looks like fun, but also looks like something that you can crash a lot at....

scrapps
22-12-2011, 08:18 AM
Shuffy the short track looks like a laugh if you do fancy giving it a try I would be happy to join you.

gary tompkins
22-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Doesn't seem a fair return Bex....

I would offer evens or 5/4 on at best

may be worth a flutter though

J.P
22-12-2011, 09:10 AM
no point putting any money on Shuffy as he's already got the pipe and slippers

J.P
22-12-2011, 09:11 AM
And Flat Cap

Flip
22-12-2011, 04:28 PM
......will hopefully involve me spending a lot of time in the paddocks (& probably the adjacent toilets) of various circuits around the U.K. waiting for my race to be called before I wobble round the track for around 15mins (assuming it all stays shiny side up) before returning to said paddock with a MASSIVE grin on my face.

Along with as much time out on the Monster as I can get away with as the last few years have been a bit sparse due to lack of time although did get away for a few days to Devon this year on it.

Scott1
22-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Hopefully get my suspension set up properly, more UKMOC ride outs now the little one is getting a bit older, do some more advanced training and I'd love to do a track day. Also, perhaps another Spring/Summer tunnel run.

I've also got a real yearning to buy a GT1000 at some point but I'm trying to supress it, its like having an urge to buy some flares, strange really because I love my bike.

Shuffy
22-12-2011, 08:50 PM
Shuffy,
The short-tracking looks like fun, but also looks like something that you can crash a lot at....

Well I'm working on the principle that if everyone falls off, then it makes me look fractionally less cr*p.;)

Shuffy
22-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Shuffy the short track looks like a laugh if you do fancy giving it a try I would be happy to join you.

Excellent! A joint suicide mission.

Paivi
22-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Take the Duchess out more than twice...

I'll have to take a compulsory holiday of ten consecutive days next year, so I'll probably get on the bike and ride either to the Italian Lakes, Spain or maybe even head up to the Arctic Circle, as I can tag three weekends to that, so will have unprecedented 16d off.

I'd like to go back to Normandy and also visit the Ardennes. May do some shorter trips around France, too, as I'll get too many days off to know what to do with.

Lima071
22-12-2011, 09:55 PM
2011 was supposed to have me in the Somme visiting our fallen, on the Monster, instead with thunderous weather reports I took the car and our bicycles.
2012 go back to northern france and ride from Arras to Albert, great road, back to the Menin Gate in Ypres for the last stand.
Ride out with UKMOC and OMC, Oakley MC which has over 200 members and meets on a thursday night.
Finish my winter project, thanks bex Ray from Rossocorse has already come back to me about the exhaust silencers, and I have ordered a crankcase breather filter from K&N, and also chatting with venhill for the extended brake and clutch lines so that they reach from the risers/ fat bars on my 900ssie street fighter.

scrapps
23-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Excellent! A joint suicide mission.

yep :chuckle: :chuckle: :chuckle:

I also want to try motocross maybe getting a bike of the ground and land without doing me or the bike a serious damage. :eyepopping:

BigOz
23-12-2011, 11:41 AM
I've booked CSS level 1 and I'm hoping I might be able to do level 2 later in the year and maybe a track day or two.
I'd like to get some off-road experience, so I might be up for joining in the UKMOC off-road suicide squad.
Other than that Arrow Mill and the MOB trip should make for a good year subject to getting time off.

Andy

mickyvee
23-12-2011, 01:03 PM
:eyepopping: Some sort of foreign jaunt is on the cards, but I am a bit concerned about the vast range afforded to me, by Ducati's choice of a 3 gallon tank on my new Evo. Last time I was in Italy, open petrol stations on a Sunday were in very short supply!

steeevvvooo
23-12-2011, 03:17 PM
TT for a week (almost) :hail:
Desmodue racing (if I get the bike back together in the New Year) :on:

Lots of rideouts with Kenties/Hampers etc depending on free weekends :thumbsup:

Julie
23-12-2011, 04:40 PM
First Ride of the year will be on my new bike...
Boxing Day Monkey Madness

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/Julie-horne/5.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/Julie-horne/qq.jpg

Oh then in Feb 2012 Ruth and I are doing a big road trip Australia - Tasmania (not on the Money Bike but on the Suzuki DR650's)

gary tompkins
23-12-2011, 04:42 PM
That looks like a real giggle Julie

Got any more photos?

Flip
23-12-2011, 04:44 PM
On Monkey Bikes??????

Now that would be a BIG trip!!

Hope you guys are well.

Julie
23-12-2011, 04:45 PM
That looks like a real giggle Julie

Got any more photos?

Yes - check out my Facebook GT - Lots more will appear over the next week

Its a 1974 American Z50J Honda Monkey Bike

Julie
23-12-2011, 04:46 PM
On Monkey Bikes??????

Now that would be a BIG trip!!

Hope you guys are well.

Hey Flip - That really would be a big trip! But no not on the Monkey Bike - we are doing it on Suzuki DR650's again.

Hope you are good?

uksurfer
23-12-2011, 06:45 PM
WDW, a few other things, track day? not sure.........

buzzbomb
23-12-2011, 07:27 PM
First Ride of the year will be on my new bike...
Boxing Day Monkey Madness

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/Julie-horne/5.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j87/Julie-horne/qq.jpg

Oh then in Feb 2012 Ruth and I are doing a big road trip Australia - Tasmania (not on the Money Bike but on the Suzuki DR650's)

Julie whats boxing day Monkey Madness????/

I've got a mint 1969-1970??? Z50 mini trail,

Dave G
23-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Fit new(used ST4 ones actually) forks to the monster and keep an eye open for a suitable shock, then rebuild my Morini 350, and also to get out on the SC at least twice as often as I managed this year.

Julie
23-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Julie whats boxing day Monkey Madness????/

I've got a mint 1969-1970??? Z50 mini trail,

do you want to sell it?

Its only a ride out on boxing day with two monkey bikes riders

banditloon
23-12-2011, 09:45 PM
Fixing my Bandit... (this has been a plan since 2006!).

Apart from Auto Italia at Brooklands and Horsham Italian Piazza run, I'm just going to see where the road takes me (weather permitting).

Mand
24-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Joooooolie, I'm loving your monkey bike, it fits so well :biggrin:

Biking plans? Well after my bits have been powder coated and my rear wheel bearings are replaced, I'll be riding around some of the best roads on my doorstep, going to the tt, going to silverstone gp and quite possibly doing a couple of track days at oulton and cadwell and of course if there is a monster only trackday, I'll be there to if it doesn't clash with owt.

gary tompkins
24-12-2011, 10:15 AM
Dear Santa....

http://motorcyclephotooftheday.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/4.jpg

:yoparty::yoparty::yoparty:

benson
26-12-2011, 09:14 AM
Hopefully the TT.
Monster weekend if only for a night.
Silverstone GP.
as much BSB as I can get to see.
As many miles as I can get to ride.
Hopefully somewhere new too - enjoying the roads round here is a real treat and I'm loving living on the edge (geneerally...) of some fine roads in a relatively new to me place.
Monkeys are mighty fine - I love my VanVan too so a toddlers meet at Skins seems a good idea too :chuckle:

Dukedesmo
26-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Get the many boxes full of bike parts that are in my garage assembled into a Monster and actually ride it...

revver
26-12-2011, 12:41 PM
And you're just around the corner from that fantastic hill climb site, where you can jump off the top and stay airbourne for 100 metres! :mand:

Sorry missed the reply. What hill climb is that then. cwmderw/Toms farm?

dunlop0_1
26-12-2011, 02:45 PM
No road bikes now.

Race the 996 in Desmodue Class C1 and/or Supercup.
Should be some good racing with Hottrax new classes.
Me and Louise do as many TD's as the overdraft will allow.

:spin:

gary tompkins
27-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Another youtube find for Julie's benefit.. how cool does this look?

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pC78XISUeqQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pC78XISUeqQ?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Mand
28-12-2011, 07:01 AM
Glad you've decided to go ahead, you were keeping your cards close to your chest on that freezing cold track day at oulton back in November!
Dave and I will be following you with loads of interest :cool:

No road bikes now.

Race the 996 in Desmodue Class C1 and/or Supercup.
Should be some good racing with Hottrax new classes.
Me and Louise do as many TD's as the overdraft will allow.

:spin:

Mohawk
28-12-2011, 07:48 PM
WDW followed by a week in Europe, trip to Scotland and finish getting the Hailwood Rep back together again

pegboy
28-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Advance bike course
Many ride outs
track days
Silverstone GP
Barcelona GP (Already Booked but no riding, but bike related)
Hopefully the Weekender on the Sunday
3/4 day ride in UK, maybe Wales, Scotland?????

this is pretty demanding with family commitments and work etc. but we all need goals in life!! Well thats my excuse

Spareparts
28-12-2011, 09:34 PM
2 x CSS Level 4, a long 2-wheeled Euro roadtrip (please!), IoM TT, and a couple TDs at Brands GP, Silverstone, Anglesey, and Donny would be nice.

Spareparts
28-12-2011, 09:37 PM
I've booked CSS level 1 and I'm hoping I might be able to do level 2 later in the year and maybe a track day or two.

Can really recommend doing CSS L2 within a couple months of doing L1. L2 really builds on and brings together the lessons learned in L1, and doing it within the same season means you get the most out of your 'investment'. CSS is the best thing I ever did with my riding - no one is too old to learn new tricks :)

Mand
31-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Joooooolie, I'm loving your monkey bike, it fits so well :biggrin:

Biking plans? Well after my bits have been powder coated and my rear wheel bearings are replaced, I'll be riding around some of the best roads on my doorstep, going to the tt, going to silverstone gp and quite possibly doing a couple of track days at oulton and cadwell and of course if there is a monster only trackday, I'll be there to if it doesn't clash with owt.

And now the weekender for a couple of nights... 2012 mainly on two wheels, woo hoo!

gary tompkins
31-12-2011, 03:44 PM
And now the weekender for a couple of nights... 2012 mainly on two wheels, woo hoo!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Grumpy
31-12-2011, 05:14 PM
At the moment,

Prescott Hill climb
The Weekender
WDW
Belgium( complete with Grumpys Battlefield Tour)
See if we can fit in a trip to Scotland.

Repair the Centaruo, and have the new project bike done!
Plus as many miles as I can get under the wheels as possible.

DaffyDuc
31-12-2011, 11:54 PM
we are discussing this at the moment as Euro tunnel have some cracking deals if you book early.

Currently
May = Trailor bikes to South of France
July = Road trip to Lake Konstanz, wending through Germany, Austria, Switzerland
September = Black Forest - May try to fit this around Belgium
ROSPA (maybe) - passed IAM Sept 11 Examiner was ex Met Police rider, he advised this was complimentary to IAM
Arrow mill but probably day trip on the Sunday
Some Hampshire/wilts brekkies, only did one in 2011, managed to arrive just as everyone was leaving :o
And of course lots of miles in this country because we're going to have a long dry summer! aren't we?

southfrance
01-01-2012, 07:56 AM
I'm gonna build one of these.

uksurfer
01-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Heading out on Jan 1st for breakfast

steeevvvooo
01-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Heading out on Jan 1st for breakfast

That's a good start! :thumbsup:

Marcustheanimal
13-07-2012, 05:34 PM