PDA

View Full Version : Ups

Saint aka ML
16-12-2011, 05:49 PM
About 9am this morning. In A&E for about 2h.

nuttynick
16-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Oh dear, you must be best friends with the insurance man by now!

Saint aka ML
16-12-2011, 06:46 PM
Oh dear, you must be best friends with the insurance man by now!

I have 2y NCB somehow? As it is insured NCB this should not affect it :)

BTW rear end was 100% claimed off driver at the end.

revver
16-12-2011, 06:49 PM
Ouch sounds like you need a beer or to to cure the headache and things look better through beer goggle glasses. Hope there's not to much damage.(bike or yourself)

Panther
16-12-2011, 06:52 PM
I hope you and your bike get on the mend soon.

Saint aka ML
16-12-2011, 06:52 PM
Ouch sounds like you need a beer or to to cure the headache and things look better through beer goggle glasses. Hope there's not to much damage.(bike or yourself)

I was told not to have alcohol in next 2 days. Hmm Becks Blue.

Will remove front tomorrow and check forks/frame if that is ok it is only cosmetic as dash is working, so are brakes.

revver
16-12-2011, 06:54 PM
right time of year to be off the road just the wrong reason

Mark Taylor
16-12-2011, 07:26 PM
Hope you are ok - damage to bike looks mostly cosmetic, good luck with litigation - I was still getting phone calls from ambulance-chasing lawyers 2 years after my accident!!

Kameloil
16-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Looks like you may have improved the Hyundai back end, couldn't get any worse, they should be paying you ;)

Capo
16-12-2011, 11:53 PM
One rule, Ride it like you nicked it. Police is not expecting that in winter, less cars in winter as no one goes to see side, servicing also cheaper in winter. Winter seems tha boom for riding.

Overconfident?

Saint aka ML
17-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Overconfident?

That would be easy then sadly got forced to go over one of those square high speed bumps at speed as another car decided last minute he wants to take his at speed. Aka in centre of his car which put him about half in my lane. It was bmw!! That speed bump is so tall that if you go slow over top bike gets beached.

By the time I landed on the other side no time to stop, slowed down and went down on man cover. Stopped on car. My fault as there is no CCTV to get oncoming car. Sadly my witness did not get details of that car.

Mand
17-12-2011, 08:19 AM
UPS? I thought this thread was about a parcel carrier... :biggrin:

Hope you're not too sore and you get sorted, accidents happen especially in this time of weather with this vile weather.

Doesnt look like a monster either, you will shot at dawn for that.

:)

Saint aka ML
17-12-2011, 08:36 AM
UPS? I thought this thread was about a parcel carrier... :biggrin:

Hope you're not too sore and you get sorted, accidents happen especially in this time of weather with this vile weather.

Doesnt look like a monster either, you will shot at dawn for that.

Spit that out thank god it was not a monster poor thing does not take good to accidents. It seems SS has a crumple zone :)

Saint aka ML
17-12-2011, 09:53 AM
Ok need to weld those up, should not be a problem?

Saint aka ML
17-12-2011, 09:56 AM
On top minimum needed to get on the road is:

Front headlight
Front bracket
Both parts nose cone fairing
Front screen
That black plastic bit with Ducati logo that hold bottom of screen and top of nose cone together

Rest is usable as is, bike was going to be painted anyhow, cheap front mudguard that is not cracked is extra.

That is if forks are ok, seem good just it is now raining so can not get bracket off and it is preventing free movement.

mrbryanmarshall
17-12-2011, 11:55 AM
One rule; ride responsibly. not like you nicked it. We're not the only people on the road.

bex
17-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Glad you're ok Lukasz, regardless of who's fault it was.

Stay off the Becks Blue, I was given it by accident a couple of nights ago, it was vile.

ricky
17-12-2011, 11:56 PM
One rule; ride responsibly. not like you nicked it. We're not the only people on the road.

OMG.................:scratch: Patronising much?? Accidents happen... if he was going quicker he would have jumped OVER the car in front after hitting the ramp, therefore it was LACK of speed that caused this accident... :woot::yoparty:

Saint aka ML
18-12-2011, 03:09 AM
OMG.................:scratch: Patronising much?? Accidents happen... if he was going quicker he would have jumped OVER the car in front after hitting the ramp, therefore it was LACK of speed that caused this accident... :woot::yoparty:

I would say lack of skill but I like yours more.

Kato
18-12-2011, 08:51 AM
Hope you're not too sore

Lukaz you donkey...........you know where i am when you want it all welded

Mand off course he's not too sore he landed on his head.......nothing to bust there!:D

mrbryanmarshall
18-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Dont mean to have my comment patronise this accident or anyone. Totally agree that s¥¥t happens, but if you have a "ride like youve nicked it" attitude, youll find that s$$t happens more and more often.

Good to have a little reminder. Glad everyone is ok.

utopia
18-12-2011, 01:15 PM
Dont mean to have my comment patronise this accident or anyone. Totally agree that s¥¥t happens, but if you have a "ride like youve nicked it" attitude, youll find that s$$t happens more and more often.
Good to have a little reminder. Glad everyone is ok.

Got to agree with that, but also without wishing to patronise in any way.

Those square speed bumps are awful things......surely any road planner with half a brain cell can realise that most drivers will instinctively try to avoid them, ending up in the middle of the road for no good reason. Now thats what I call a sensible and worthwhile addition to road safety (NOT). They even put them on bends where they present the additional hazard to bikers of a sudden and dramatic change of camber, as well as massively compromising your line around the bend so you're either forced into the kerb or dangerously close to the crown of the road.
And while I'm on the subject, I also hate the normal full-width humps when they are poorly maintained and the little white-painted warning triangles are allowed to wear away. Its not that hard to fail to spot them quite early enough on a wet road at night, and while that might not be a huge hazard in a car it can massively upset a bike.
Rant over.

Glad to hear both rider and bike survived without too much damage.
If I had an SS with bodywork damage I would seriously consider making it nekked......???

Saint aka ML
18-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Lukaz you donkey...........you know where i am when you want it all welded

Mand off course he's not too sore he landed on his head.......nothing to bust there!:D

Well there is something to bust but am afraid it was already busted.

Kato will take you up on it after holiday.