PDA

View Full Version : Two bikes stolen

Saint aka ML
03-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Guys

Two Ducatis got stolen lastn ight from Kingston area. A 748R/998 Hybrid called ASBO and a 749R.

ASBO has plenty of trick parts like ohlins gas forks, full factory racing kit and more. 749R is half way to being 749RS.

They belong to a member JerryXT who also has a S4rs and is a member here.

There is a reward of 5k for helping to find the bikes or scum that took them.

ASBO is a track day bike. 749R is road going and plate no is BX04 UGB. However 749R has no rear shock mounted so both bikes are probably in lockup.

http://jerrysworlds.blogspot.com/

Lima071
03-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Were they locked up?
Had their steering locks on?
Helps to know if they could have been pushed away, or if they were alarmed and disc locked.

chris yeatman
03-12-2011, 10:39 PM
o fook, will keep eye out for ya down this way.

Saint aka ML
03-12-2011, 11:20 PM
They were in a garage, locked and secure. 749R has no rear suspension so had to have been lifted and taken by van.

Gilps
04-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Poor Jerry. He must be gutted.

Saint aka ML
04-12-2011, 08:43 AM
Poor Jerry. He must be gutted.

He is so much work went in to them!!!

Check here

http://www.ducatisti.co.uk/forum/ducati-chat/66553-serious-help-needed.html

Lima071
04-12-2011, 10:09 AM
They were in a garage, locked and secure. 749R has no rear suspension so had to have been lifted and taken by van.

It means don't look for them on the street (sadly) as they haven't been pushed away.
Look in the classifieds.
Does he have datatag? Are any of the parts home made, altered or manufactured, that would give the ebay watchers among us a chance to spot them?
I have had my top yoke milled and drilled, it is a one off, and if it came up for sale I would know it was mine.
Anything of that nature.
I will keep an eye out.

revver
04-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Dont hear of much like that around here but will keep a look out on fleebay.(b******s). We are in a small village and someone tried to brake into a niebours car and another niebours garage last week and people have been woke up by noises around thier property in the early hours.Things are getting bad me thinks.

scrapps
04-12-2011, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear some scumbag has taken your bikes Jerry.
I know how much work has been done to ASBO as You have flown past me on it at a few trackdays.
I hope they find the scum and you get them back soon.:nash::nash::nash::nash:

Will keep a eye out for them matey

banditloon
04-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I can't believe it! F**king scum.... I've posted the details on a couple of car forums and will pop a couple of printed copies in to the local bike garages on my way to work tomorrow.

Small Clanger
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
What an absolute sickener, I hope he gets them back in one piece.
One can't help thinking that the thieving bastards that took them are scanning this forum, the Ducatisti forum and the various blogs and looking for the next items on their shopping list.

pegboy
04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
One can't help thinking that the thieving bastards that took them are scanning this forum, the Ducatisti forum and the various blogs and looking for the next items on their shopping list.

So true, i often think if it's worth posting your pride and joy on various forums and blogs. Still no right for some low life scumbag to take what is clearly not theirs and not having any respect for anyone.

Saint aka ML
04-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Well 749R is 0146 number. While for example ASBO has Ohlins Gas forks or ceramic wide track top and bottom yokes useless unless you have correct front wheel, discs and forks.

rac3r
04-12-2011, 07:55 PM
I think I will invest in one of these as security

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff38/eeee8888/Claymore.jpg

He11cat
05-12-2011, 12:57 AM
Poor Jerry ., they knew what they w.ere taking and where ..
Hope you get them back and they don't get their kneecaps

Altaian
08-12-2011, 05:31 PM
So true, i often think if it's worth posting your pride and joy on various forums and blogs. Still no right for some low life scumbag to take what is clearly not theirs and not having any respect for anyone.

It's with great sadness that you even have to comment on such a thread...

I first heard about it via a DOC distribution, and it leaves a real sour taste.

I saw Jerry last month, and he had the replacement shock for BabyR with him - guess it was never fitted. Quite sickening! I PM'd him prior to posting.

Hindsight sadly is not a trait we posess & I'm not trying to be patronising in any way, but as sad as this event is, both pegboy & Small Clanger are probably right in their posts. Paranoia & security is a personal thing for piece of mind. I don't know what security was involved, but perhaps we should all consider things like a tracker or biketrac, so as to help should others face a similar situation... I agree it should not be necessary & sadly there is a cost involved - but will insurance cover the loss in full? It is an open forum afterall & there are a lot of passionate members.

I'm sure Jerry would want us all to learn from this, even if it is no consolation to himself. I can only hope he gets his property back in the same condition.

animaluk
09-12-2011, 12:09 AM
This is the worst news I felt like killing someone after my tatty old 600 got stolen

Hope you get you bikes back Jerry :(

scrapps
11-12-2011, 08:32 AM
Any news on jerry's bikes yet ?
It would be a real shame if the low life scum sucking bast rds get away with this.

J.P
11-12-2011, 09:09 AM
That's a real shame, they were lovely bikes

nuttynick
05-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Any updates from Jerry or anyone who's spoken to him?

Kato
05-03-2012, 05:23 PM
No sign of anything, spoke to him a few days ago.

nuttynick
05-03-2012, 07:47 PM
That's not good news :thumbsdown:

jerry
07-03-2012, 10:42 PM
Road rats ?????