PDA

View Full Version : Model Bikes

rac3r
28-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Anyone got any models they wish to sell?

I have a few cars if anyone wants

Nickj
28-11-2011, 06:12 PM
LOL Models oh yes got a few of those... Got helis (400 class electric), a quad copter, a curtis jenny biplane, a high wing electric semi glider and nano falcon (foam and carbon fibre that does over 100). But I figure your thinking of other things

Also have a pair of foggy rep S4's about 3" long and 1 1/2" high

LVC
28-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Great stuff NickJ - didn't know that you were a fellow aeromodeller.

I've just got back into it after a 23 year break - aerobatic nitro powered low wings are my thing ;)

Sorry for the highjack rac3r - nope no bikes available to swap my little boys got first dabs on my collection.

rac3r
28-11-2011, 08:48 PM
No problem feel free to share pictures too! :D

I mainly had cars from when I was young but getting into bikes now. At the moment they are all boxed in the cupboard because I don't have anywhere for them!

Got my eye on a 1:6 Capirossi :cool:

LVC
28-11-2011, 09:46 PM
As you asked...a quick video taken from the back of my little "trainer" flown from my field whilst relearning the steps the other week ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M1bjjCQNNmQ#!

rac3r
28-11-2011, 10:08 PM
As you asked...a quick video taken from the back of my little "trainer" flown from my field whilst relearning the steps the other week ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M1bjjCQNNmQ#!

That's awesome! I've tried a little helicopter which I was ok at but not sure how I'd be with a plane. If the control was like an xbox controller I'd be great! :chuckle:

revver
29-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi sorry to but in but do you know of a good model trainer program for the comp i have a plane but have only flown with another controller linked to mine. the nearest airfield is over 30 mile away.

LVC
30-11-2011, 07:27 AM
Hi sorry to but in but do you know of a good model trainer program for the comp i have a plane but have only flown with another controller linked to mine. the nearest airfield is over 30 mile away.

Sorry I've no idea of a PC Trainer programme - in my day it was chuck, try and then pick up the bits - I learnt with gliders to start with and brought many home in bin bags swearing "never again". Sounds like a great idea and I know a pal of mine learnt helicos on a simulator prior to the real models. For planes the pc will only take you so far as the experience of an "older" pilot is worth much more especially in the event of an engine failure halfway through a reverse Immelman less than 10m above the ground :on:

Ebay UK seems to have 2 simulators: Plane Master Simulator and Real Flight - but having never used them I can't judge.

Good luck :thumbsup:

revver
30-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks LVC will try glider approach i think and leave what ever that is what you said alone.

rac3r
30-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Are you after just any flight sim?

LVC
30-11-2011, 10:19 AM
There are flight sim that run on the pc with a connection to a RC transmitter - the theory is that they allow a pilot to understand how the Tx (transmitter) controls work with a "virtual model" in the safety of your lounge/office/bedroom. The problem is that there are so many other factors which influence a RC plane's behaviour that a "Simulator" can only go so far, but probably a good idea if you are a complete novice. Although I'd recommend finding an experienced rc pilot and what you can learn in 30 mins from him/her will be miles better than any sim. Bit like riding a works Ducati during a race on the PS3 is not really anything like getting your knee down on the local roads on a real bike - can't beat the real thing IMHO ;)

Might think about offering some holiday packages over here with a link to flying (or learning to fly) in the next year or so ... get the divorced finished and on with the barn conversion and then ....

Edit: Found this >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRMN5KDggLI

revver
30-11-2011, 10:45 AM
rac3r just on i can connect the controller to pc and learn the basic controls.