PDA

View Full Version : Wheels now painted

DUCANGEL
27-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Always wanted a ducati with gold wheels, now got em !!!, and i love em to bits.

Lima071
27-11-2011, 06:48 PM
post a link to where you got them painted.

uksurfer
27-11-2011, 06:57 PM
liking that alot, cracking colours on the bike

Albie
27-11-2011, 07:55 PM
liking that alot, cracking colours on the bike

i have them gold wheels but would like black :mand:

DUCANGEL
27-11-2011, 09:03 PM
Paint job done by him in doors. He has all the kit and knows what he is doing. Glad he was so willing to spend endless hours getting them spot on!

The paint is Ducati Racing Gold , ( Not Ducati evo gold this is the darker gold of the earlier model ducatis D353 ) colour code DUC45, The paint we used was LECHLER Hydrofan ( Water based) it is a pearl basecoat with clear top coat. You have to use a black / dark grey primer for the colour to come out right. Mine has had 5 coats of base to get the depth of colour and 7 lacquer ( flatted between coats ) to get the depth of shine , each wheel took him 2 days to do but the wait was worth it.
( if you do get some paint beware when you take the lid off it looks black but as soon as you spray it out it goes gold). The fuel cap and various nuts n bolts have also been painted the same colour.

The paint was £35 for half litre, the lacquer and hardener was £45.
We got the paint from our local stockist they had the colour from their catalogues and just mixed it up while we waited. ( Autosupplies, Chesterfield ), they also do aerosol cans if you prefer

Now need a little carbon...Santa?

He11cat
27-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Nice work especially done at home wow.... thats a nice shade not to in your face which can be a bit much.

rac3r
27-11-2011, 10:21 PM
I like the colour scheme on your bike :thumbsup:

gary tompkins
27-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Nice job - what colour were they before?

DUCANGEL
28-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanx for the comments guys........... I am just doing the bike how I want it but it does feels good when others like your creation too!
I just had to have red, white, green on my ducati (endless sleepless nights just thinking and planning exactly how to do it) .....and went with the stripes. Kept the pearl white panels from my 696 cos I just could not be parted from them......and it felt like I hadnt really sold my much loved 696, he just had a growth spurt!
Could'nt wait to get the wheels painted gold (and other little bits)
- which were black before by the way.
Latest accessory is the pazzo shorty levers black with gold adjusters, just love em.
Guna ask Santa to bring me a 'selection box of carbon fibre' for being so bad ....much better for me than Cadbury!..........all that i can say is roll on summer! .......... and meeting some of you lot !!!

Mark Taylor
29-11-2011, 07:13 PM
Looking well tidy - I like the Italian flag on the exhaust heat shield - attention to detail and all that!

DUCANGEL
29-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi Mark, have to confess the heat shield was copied from one i saw on an accessory site ( can't remember which one though) him indoors saw it and said he could do it so he did. I am changing it though for a carbon one, ahyone want to do a swap ??????