PDA

View Full Version : Why we do it......

Gordon H
27-11-2011, 02:35 PM
After a week involving a new tyre, a mystery fuel leak, obstinate starting and general classic (ok, old!!) Ducati ownership issues - which involved assorted items from the tool kit becoming airborne, I was ready to throw in the towel and give up!!

But evenyually got everything sorted and took the beastie out yesterday morning and wrung its neck - after 10 miles or so on near empty A roads all the strife was forgotten and faith reaffirmed.......

Perhaps I need a new one................

He11cat
27-11-2011, 03:20 PM
I just want to get this 400 finished ... so I can concentrate on trying to ride like I used to..
My nerves are jangling at the moment ...

Well I now pretty much have nothing except the two bikes... everything is going or gone to finish this dam thing!!... my boot collection even.
Its outdone Hector...
Now it has all got to come apart for powder coating the bill is going to be horrendous for a poor girl like me two months salary ...
Now usually id say feck it bike you can wait ..

So now I have to get Christmas out of the way then slave and sell to finish the bike as much as can be well get the powder coating done... needs a new front wheel and all now.

Owning Hector was bad ... owning the crash special .... brings a whole new meaning to poor.

I saw the filthiest monster ever yesterday I thought it had a black engine.
How wrong was I . It was dirt !!!
This bike was hanging... I thought how the hell can a bike get that disgusting !!!!!
How can you ride a monster in that state????

Then I thought hats off to you Mr because you probably have shoes and go out have a ball and roll home... ride the bike without a care!

Me a self confessed scruffy urchin ... who is untidy and a wreck is standing muttering about a dirty Monster....

Ducati Monsters I curse ya!!! I am poor , still riding like crap and have become a whore to shiny things.

To think I used to spray everything matt black and not give a dam!!! ....
Ive been ruined and sullied.