PDA

View Full Version : Time wasters

rac3r
26-11-2011, 10:24 AM
I've had 2 so far. One who messaged a couple of questions then went off talking about how he loves Ducati's and has had blah blah blah, normal friendly banter. Then I ask so are you interested then? Which he replies by offering £1000 less than the asking price.

Number 2 asked 'can I view the bike at the weekend around 10am' 'Yeah sure, *postcode+Number*' and here I am an hour later with no phone call or message

:cens:

Lima071
26-11-2011, 01:05 PM
no one turned up?
what did they say when you called them?
:(
sorry for you mate was hoping you had it sold.
bring on the carbon fibre company :)

rac3r
26-11-2011, 01:23 PM
No one turned up, no message, no calls. Got me suspicious so the bike is all locked up

I gave him my number but stupidly didn't take his, however I didn't give my door number so that's something I suppose.

No CF unless the bike sells or I get a job! :chuckle:

tricolore
26-11-2011, 01:29 PM
And what I really hate is when they insult you on price, you say 'OK I'll accept', then they say ..... oh ! I'll get back to you ......... complete wasters.

He11cat
27-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Always happens .. Just be hard on em back.
I had it selling my beetle !!
Jeez .. Best one being il give you a grand for it .. And the other 2 grand mate!
But you have to let ne have it for a grand as the mrs wants it.
When I said no he turned nasty on me!!
Trying to rip up the trims on the car.

Slagging my car off..
I told him to stop wasting my time.
Then told his mate you'd better make him leave now!

Always get a number and I often ring them one to make sure it's them and two to remind them they are coming round!

I have it with livestock all the time .. It's also fine to turn up four hours late btw!!

It's often handy to have two of you there.
Also no cash in your hand no test rides and insurance.

I had that as well.. Let me take it for a spin only just up the road..
I had ohh but moneys in bank.

I said no testdrive unless I have the cash in my hand you smash it up you buy it!!
Just got to be hard faced!! Which I am useless at!!
Stuck to my guns with my car and it paid off!

blue_toaster
27-11-2011, 02:53 PM
I had it once selling a Bandit with a givi rack. Agreed a price and when they guys came round they wanted the topbox as well, which I was using on a different bike, they then wanted to knock £200 off because I wouldn't give them the box which wasn't included in the sale. I ended up telling them to pay the agreed price or go away, only then did they pay up.