PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Calendar taster

Shuffy
20-11-2011, 08:33 PM
As we're now close to sending the calendar off to the printers, we thought you might like sneak preview of what you're getting if you've ordered one. Also, it might persuade a few of you who haven't to get buying! Remember, after the print costs ALL the money goes back into the club and this year the Kent Air Ambulance.

It's A3 in size, which plenty big enough for covering that stain on your kitchen wall and is bright enough to cheer up the dullest office. So get ordering, as we're only doing one print run and there are unlikely to be any overs, you'd hate to miss out wouldn't you??

Anyway boys and girls here it is (so far!) we hope you like it...

Shuffy & Albie

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6225/6371816341_2fdec2cc3d.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedtriple52/6371816341/)

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6032/6371900659_d8da3d65b7.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/speedtriple52/6371900659/)

Rally
20-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Looking good Guys. I do believe I recognise that red fuel tank in January, the mirror stem is a give away! :thumbsup:

Yorkie
20-11-2011, 10:17 PM
I will have to order one now, as i see my dash is in January!

Yorkie

Albie
20-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I will have to order one now, as i see my dash is in January!

Yorkie

Well your not obliged too but it would be nice if you did. We really appreciate every sale to make it to the 100 mark.

Mand
21-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Hey that looks really nice but apparently I've got one on the way...! Cakey has ordered one for me :spin:

Thats going on my office wall, it'll outshine the other ladies calendars that are fluffy cats and dogs, strictly come dancing and buildings of the world.

Bad ass biker mand.

Ps any yellow monsters on it?

Shuffy
21-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Hey that looks really nice but apparently I've got one on the way...! Cakey has ordered one for me :spin:

Thats going on my office wall, it'll outshine the other ladies calendars that are fluffy cats and dogs, strictly come dancing and buildings of the world.

Bad ass biker mand.

Ps any yellow monsters on it?

Glad you like it Mand! Yellow monsters??? Uuumm, we'll have to see...

J.P
21-11-2011, 07:31 AM
Great as always. Well done. Can't wait for mine.

the_adam
21-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Very good work there! I've made a suitable A3 gap on the noticeboard already :)

gary tompkins
21-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Don't like it can I cancel my order

just kidding - looks ace ;)

Albie
22-11-2011, 03:27 PM
I am ordering 100 so odd spare to be had possibly. We should go to print end of week start of next week.

I have been in touch with them today and alls good.

Now I start chasing them payments else no calendar.:chuckle:

Albie
03-12-2011, 10:30 AM
I will prewarn you that the Calendar 2012 is running slightly late and we will not be able to recieve any basically until next weekend. They are being printed as from next Monday and have been assured by Thursday done and bound. As we have always stated we cannot guarantee these delivery for events and also due to me now disabled the Kentie xmas meal is in the same situation right now as I cannot drive to pick them up. There maybe another plan but thats uncertain as yet so bear with me.
The good news is apparently the proofs look very nice and Shuffy had OK'd them ( Hoping to bring them down to Devizes this afternoon ). Alas we was waiting for that before we went printing and there was a delay from them.

The secondary good news is that my good friend Rally has once again stepped into the breach and will be pick up boy and postman to save the day.
No one is panicking as we expect all to be posted in time for xmas/ new year but I will apologise for the fact it didn't go as I planned. I have ordered extra envelopes for those who were picking up but I would appreciate the postage be paid by yourselves if you cannot meet at another oppurtunity.

Thanks

He11cat
03-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Just one of those things Albie :) nobody will mind.
It's just good that you both did the calendar and everyone appreciates it .
Il be happy to get mine when it arrives and not fussed about a minor delay!

I think we would be more fussed if you where not concentrating on getting better that's the main thing .
So don't panic , thanks to all for the hard work and please get well soon x

Albie
03-12-2011, 11:31 AM
Just one of those things Albie :) nobody will mind.
It's just good that you both did the calendar and everyone appreciates it .
Il be happy to get mine when it arrives and not fussed about a minor delay!

I think we would be more fussed if you where not concentrating on getting better that's the main thing .
So don't panic , thanks to all for the hard work and please get well soon x

Thanks HC
TBH its not the posted ones that I worry about. The posted ones are kind of on time.
Its a real tester of patience doing these for sure. We basically say from when this ones ready get and do next years pictures, and in september we actually start.Thats 3 months work but obviously its hometime and Chris has a young son and family. There are times where Chris has had enough and myself like last week. We wait around sometimes for stuff. We always have a plan but it always seems something or someone trips us up. We seem to start earlier but finsh the same time.I will say that Chris is 100% emotionally involved with this and very fussy as he should or you would want him to be. Last year I scrapped the proof with trusting Chris's artwork. We do need a proof in case they muck up as we would have no comeback.Its insurance for us.
We always plan for early printing but we are in the lap of the gods of business but you would think with a recession some companys would try a bit harder.

I just hope everybodys happy wiith it and gives it good feedback as ever. Its all about you guys being happy with it and looking good on your wall.

I think if we gave up we would miss doing it and my kitchen would look a duller place.

Its also the fact my daughter would nag me as she wont have one as per usual. She hasn't even written on any of hers.

uksurfer
03-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Good things come to those who wait

No problem for me Albie, i paid postage anyway :-)

I'll be around 12/13 Dec if that helps?

revver
03-12-2011, 06:08 PM
Sounds like you all have a right game, Thanks again for all your time and effort.

Albie
05-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Hopefully you all liked the Printed Proofs we brought along to the xmas meal. TBH I dont think we have ever had any real negatives but yesterday heard so many comments about how last years was well like too. I and Chris really appreciate all the feedback whether its about this one or last years or our very first one.

Lets hoping all now on a schedule as told will be done and ready on Thursday.Thats Friday then.........:look:

He11cat
05-12-2011, 10:26 AM
No you have to proof ..
I am an ex print worker / design.
When I type ( some is my phone!! dam autocorrect) I make some howlers spelling and I know I do.
When you do something yourself you just don't see mistakes.

Yet I used to proof read... could spot allsorts.
But really can't spot my own terrible spelling.

You should always have a proof and get fresh eyes to look at it.

with geeing people up and printers , blame the office people!
by the time things got to pre press or the press its usually rush rush rush and the deadline is wafer thin.
You then get some nasty boss yelling , mine used to throw chairs, and you have to bang the job out fast.
Usually because the boss or someone has sat on the job sheet for eons !
Do I miss that job .. no .. :)

Rally
05-12-2011, 10:42 AM
Don't worry Mel, we had a proof and it has been seen by about 20 people now! I'm sure everyone will be very happy with Albie and Shuffys work. :D

uksurfer
05-12-2011, 10:46 AM
I thought it was great, there may also be one or two left over so jump in quick before its too late!

gary tompkins
05-12-2011, 11:28 AM
I still can't work out what happened to January

Did Gordon eat it?

Albie
05-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Well january was quite a tasty pic for sure and he does like a nice red M900

Also can I say the order book is now shut solid as the last ones have gone to MS H, steve696 and Pomp1.
We have gone to print and thats that. I may have a few spare if they overprint but dont hold your breath. I also have a reserve list in case.

Gordon H
05-12-2011, 12:07 PM
I still can't work out what happened to January

Did Gordon eat it?

Well january was quite a tasty pic for sure and he does like a nice red M900

Not guilty - the second desert did if for me - though I did nip out and grab a kebab later last night........